Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe how much longer the Xbontroller lasts than the PS4 controller. I still think it's dumb that it's default is AA batteries in TYOOL 2018, but it seriously lasts like 4-5 times longer than the DS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It's a better pad in general IMO

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I can't believe how much longer the Xbontroller lasts than the PS4 controller. I still think it's dumb that it's default is AA batteries in TYOOL 2018, but it seriously lasts like 4-5 times longer than the DS4.

If you enter the Eneloop world of batteries you'll never go away. They loving last forever.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

veni veni veni posted:

It actually works out better than an integrated battery imo. I have the PDP Energizer sets for both consoles and it's so much better on the Xbox since the battery pack just goes in place of where the AAs would go.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Being able to swap Eneloop AAs in seconds is the best thing, gently caress internal battery packs especially the tiny one in the DS4

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Also gently caress having to replace the entire controller just because the battery went to poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress em. Bitches all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Noctone posted:

Also gently caress having to replace the entire controller just because the battery went to poo poo.

I own two DS4 since Dec '16 and while the battery life isn't as good as my eneloops on my bonetroller and 360 ones, it takes 10 minutes to replace a DS4 battery. Hell, they're selling high capacity ones (2000mAh) for like 12€.

https://es.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Battery+Replacement/22074

I got used to the DS4 but I'll always prefer both the layout and fit of the xbox (360 and one) controllers.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Oh word? Fair enough. Still way more of a pain in the rear end than Xbox ofc.

And yeah I like the Xbox controllers way better than DS4s for layout and feel. Too bad the system has poo poo for exclusive games so I hardly ever use it. :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Noctone posted:

Too bad the system has poo poo for exclusive games so I hardly ever use it. :(

The X has become my primary gaming platform with PC and PS4 being neglected. Controllers, online service and now performance are so much better.

Though I have not sold my PS4 pro due to some exclusives that I want to play.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The X has become my primary gaming platform with PC and PS4 being neglected. Controllers, online service and now performance are so much better.

Though I have not sold my PS4 pro due to some exclusives that I want to play.

Huh. We must be playing very different types of games. I actually don’t have a single game for my Xbox that’s exclusive, I just bought a few cross-platform games when I got it so it wouldn’t be useless. Meanwhile on my PS4 I’ve got Nioh, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, H:ZD, Bloodborne, FFXII:TZA and Uncharted 4.

Might be doing more of my cross-platform games on Xbox if I had an X but eh performance upgrades don’t feel worth the extra cost right now. Even if I had an X I feel like it would be 50/50 at best since there are so many great exclusives on PS4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Personally I prefer the Dualshock 4 at this point, it's my favorite controller ever, but I've always had a soft spot for Xbox controllers. My hatred of the Dualshock 3 (and XBL being way better than PSN) is what made me play pretty much everything on Xbox last gen.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The DS4 is a stupid loving controller and for some reason nobody wants to admit it.

Like, people will neg on Microsoft cancelling games and using the wrong kind of RAM but if you mention the completely useless touch pad on the DS4 that takes up an insane amount of space but doesn't actually do anything they look at you like you're a jackass that doesn't know how to controller.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It does stuff in lots of games though, even if it only ends up being another couple of buttons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah the touch pad is super under utilized and at one point I would have agreed that it's mostly useless, but it's actually pretty drat useful because if a Dev needs extra buttons the possibilities are endless. Mostly I think DS4 and Bonetroller are both pretty ergonomic but I like the DS4 better because the buttons and Dpad feel better. otherwise I could care less. They are both fine.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

That theoretical Xbone pad with ds4 face buttons and dpad :discourse:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bulbous awful face buttons and extremely clicky dpad give it character

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Beastie posted:

The DS4 is a stupid loving controller and for some reason nobody wants to admit it.

Like, people will neg on Microsoft cancelling games and using the wrong kind of RAM but if you mention the completely useless touch pad on the DS4 that takes up an insane amount of space but doesn't actually do anything they look at you like you're a jackass that doesn't know how to controller.

What the gently caress are you rambling about? The touch pad works well as, wait for it, a touch pad. It's part of the reason games like FFXIV work so well on the PS4.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

What the gently caress are you rambling about? The touch pad works well as, wait for it, a touch pad. It's part of the reason games like FFXIV work so well on the PS4.

Wow so all 3 of the PS4's no games that have a semi-useful purpose for a touchpad, meanwhile it sucks for all the remaining no games the console has.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If a game is good you forget the controller

Play better games if you have serious opinions about this

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

If a game is good you forget the controller

-something no one has said when they had to have the lovely knockoff controller as a kid

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The convo was about 2 controllers

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

The convo was about 2 controllers

Yeah the PS4 controller might as well be the weird MadCatz controller that was really meant for a fishing game or something.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Noctone posted:

Huh. We must be playing very different types of games. I actually don’t have a single game for my Xbox that’s exclusive, I just bought a few cross-platform games when I got it so it wouldn’t be useless. Meanwhile on my PS4 I’ve got Nioh, Yakuza 0, Persona 5, H:ZD, Bloodborne, FFXII:TZA and Uncharted 4.

Might be doing more of my cross-platform games on Xbox if I had an X but eh performance upgrades don’t feel worth the extra cost right now. Even if I had an X I feel like it would be 50/50 at best since there are so many great exclusives on PS4.

Of course the X power makes a difference. Didn't even have an xbox one before that.

I loved Horizon, liked Uncharted 4 and hated Bloodborne and Persona 5. I also loved TLOU and am looking forward to the new God of War. But every cross platform game is better on X and I loving hate the ds4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fishmech posted:

Yeah the PS4 controller might as well be the weird MadCatz controller that was really meant for a fishing game or something.

Thats a sega official peripheral

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats a sega official peripheral

Dreamcast Fishing Controller was an official Sega produced product, not third party.

Third parties made shittier clones of it, including for the PS1 and PS2 when the Dreamcast died:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
yall talk about controllers a lot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the PS4 thread doesn't have tons of posts bitching about the xbox, why is it a good or cool idea to fill the xbox thread with dunking on the ps4 :confused:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

precision posted:

the PS4 thread doesn't have tons of posts bitching about the xbox, why is it a good or cool idea to fill the xbox thread with dunking on the ps4 :confused:

Because the other half of the thread is PS4 people coming in to dunk on the xbox.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

precision posted:

tbh what else is there to talk about

whats the last xbox game that came out? halo wars 2?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my xbox is ok. it crashed last night waking up from sleep mode though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

tbh what else is there to talk about

whats the last xbox game that came out? halo wars 2?

forza iirc but you could also discuss how great call of duty black ops 3 can look in exchange for 500 dollars

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Real hurthling! posted:

forza iirc but you could also discuss how great call of duty black ops 3 can look in exchange for 500 dollars

How good does it look?

I mostly like this thread for info, so if a customer asks what got added to backcomp, I've generally got the answer here.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I'm looking to play Sea of Thieves on PC, but in Denmark it's hella-expensive on Microsoft Store (74€). Since it's Play Anywhere, could I use this trick to get it from the US without screwing anything up for myself?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

All future Xbone exclusive games starting with Sea of Thieves are launching on Game Pass (MS's 10 dollar a month subscription) day 1.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

deadwing posted:

All future Xbone exclusive games starting with Sea of Thieves are launching on Game Pass (MS's 10 dollar a month subscription) day 1.

I smell lootboxes and DLCs up the rear end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deadwing posted:

They couldnt sell 180 dollars worth of games in a year since they can barely fart out 3 aaa games let alone good ones so they'll try to do it via their gold/gamepass sub combo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adaptabullshit posted:

Dlc is not included in gamespass you are right

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Xbox staying the course, in other words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

Yeah, they are video games in 2018