Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's crazy to me that a country where people won't shut up about personal freedoms, property rights, etc. also has this super common setup where your neighbours get to tell you what your house and yard have to look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Isn't it only in the incredibly wealthy places

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, this has been A Day:

Work is supposed to be helping me out with a moving bonus but they dragged their heels on it so I still haven't gotten it. Should have had it deposited today. Thankfully, a friend offered to float me the money for a couple weeks just in case.

We looked at a really nice apartment yesterday and put in an application. Got an answer back today: we got denied due to bad credit. The apartment manager liked us a lot though, so she went to bat for us and said that we could still get approved with a co-signer, and they'll hold the apartment for a few days while we do that. So we need to recruit another friend to help us out tomorrow.

After the move is done at the end of the month, we need to get our free annual credit reports and see what the hell happened with our credit.

Our dog ate some grapes off the kitchen table when we weren't paying attention. We were distracted playing with our nephew. So we had to rush him to the vet since we couldn't get him to throw up. He's okay now.

Things could have been much worse, of course. But man, this has been so stressful. I just want this apartment hunting and moving process to be done already.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Flying through time zones suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I broke my wrist.

I know how much worse it could have been. My medical bills are covered, I have decent painkillers, and I don't appear to have significant nerve damage. My cast is coming off in a week and being replaced by a removable splint so I can wash easier.

But it still loving sucks. I want to work out, play video games and do crafts, but three things I can't do are working out, playing video games, and doing craft. I can't even go running because sweat makes my wrist hurt and a side-effect of other meds I'm on is I sweat more. The only real way I can pass the time is watch poo poo on youtube or netflix or something but there's nothing I want to watch because all I want to do is the stuff I can't. I can maybe do chores but whenever I try my housemates sook at me and try to help, but when I tell them how they can actually help they just...don't do that?!

Also my hemorrhoids are flaring up again from the opiates.

Three months I have until I can lift heavy things again, they said. It's been a week. If I didn't already have depression this would have given it to me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mikl posted:

Flying through time zones suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I've had sleeping problems for my whole life so I'm basically immune to jetlag.

But that means I'm tired all the time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Inzombiac posted:

I've had sleeping problems for my whole life so I'm basically immune to jetlag.

But that means I'm tired all the time.

Me too! I was the only one on an international field school out of 18 people who didn't get jet lagged after travelling across the Pacific. I actually turned more normal. Got up at 6 am without an alarm no problem every day except one when we all drank a poo poo ton of home made rice wine out of clay pots in the Borneo highlands at a stranger's wedding we somehow got invited to.

First world problem: needing twice as much alcohol as a Canadian to get half as drunk as a Malaysian. They were blitzed way before any of us were.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Picnic Princess posted:

Me too! I was the only one on an international field school out of 18 people who didn't get jet lagged after travelling across the Pacific. I actually turned more normal. Got up at 6 am without an alarm no problem every day except one when we all drank a poo poo ton of home made rice wine out of clay pots in the Borneo highlands at a stranger's wedding we somehow got invited to. I was hella hung over the next day.

First world problem: needing twice as much alcohol as a Canadian to get half as drunk as a Malaysian. They were blitzed way before any of us were.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was kind of forced into working tomorrow night. I was looking forward to the weekend off but it’s more money I guess. :/

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Why the gently caress, if you have a Comcast account, you can’t use certain apps or websites (particularly, TLC right now), when you’re under a different WiFi network? I want to watch My 600lb Life but can’t; I’ve done the workarounds, the xfinity app works and the a&e app works but not the TLC app. It says “this station is not included in your service” but I watch that channel all the time at home! I am so pissed off. I know Comcast is evil and the devil so I shouldn’t be surprised but omg I just want to watch this show, why can’t I just log in and watch it?!?!?!??!? gently caress youuuuuuuuu

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We're staying with a friend this week while we apartment-hunt. (We got approved for our first pick yesterday :toot:)

Said friend's parents own two cockatoos. They scream a lot. The parents encourage it by yelling at the birds when they get to be too much, instead of ignoring the screaming and rewarding the quiet times with treats. There's also no door to the downstairs area and nothing to block the noise when one of us gets a bad headache or just wants to rest for a while. Even my earbuds don't do much.

Thin Privilege posted:

have a Comcast account

I found your problem.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My neighbors got a new job where they slam doors and play extremely loud EDM music at 3 am.

It sucks because they work from home.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

DizzyBum posted:

I found your problem.

Comcast should be blown up with a nuclear bomb somehow. I should have mentioned that I’m using my moms login for this stuff, hence the workarounds. I personally pay $65/mo for 150mgps on a different internet provider because I live in a White Neighborhood and they cover my area. There are many many many areas that Comcast is the only option available and it ludicrously expensive. All of my coworkers make minimum wage like me— or $2 more/hr for the store manager- and the majority live in the literal ghetto (read: Black Neighborhoods) pay $150/mo for loving 25mgps. My boyfriend in the suburbs pays $69/mo for 19 mgps. He was like, “they raised my rate from $65 to $69 but I went up from 15mgps!” For all of them Comcast is the only option available.

E: my building management was considering some “bundle” where all units would get basic cable from Comcast (I.e. basic tv you get for free plus like, ESPN or something) which would raise our rent “just a little bit.” They got so many angry letters and complaints that that idea went out the door reaaaaal quick. :laffo:

Summary: kill Comcast.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Jan 20, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm really desiring the pizza a nearby theater serves (it's so loving good), but there's absolutely nothing playing at said theater that I actually want to see.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
This is really annoying - I paid my Council Tax on the 5th, and have the bank statement to prove it went out, but the council apparently never got it because I've got a letter telling me I missed a payment. Now I'm gonna have to set off slightly earlier on Monday morning to head down to the council office before work to sort this poo poo out.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
I'm hungover and it's a nice day

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
An amicable, mutual breakup. It’s tough knowing that it can’t work but still caring. Nice to still have my best friend though!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am trying to read a book and my mom will not shut the gently caress up about drama in the rescue. I do not care about it right now. I'll pay you back tonight when you try to watch your true crime TV garbage and give you tons of Did You Know from Game of Thrones.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am trying to read a book and my mom will not shut the gently caress up about drama in the rescue. I do not care about it right now. I'll pay you back tonight when you try to watch your true crime TV garbage and give you tons of Did You Know from Game of Thrones.

I've given up trying to read on the comfortable couch in the living room because my dad will still bombard me with questions while I try my best to read.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Why? Why must mayo as a fry-dipping condiment be so tasty when it is so horribly bad for you?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

gently caress caprese salads with vinegar in it. Restaurants only do that to cover up the lovely tomatoes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

Why? Why must mayo as a fry-dipping condiment be so tasty when it is so horribly bad for you?

I don't think the mayonnaise is really making a significant difference to the salubrity of the meal, unless you're eating more mayonnaise than potato or something.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Tiggum posted:

I don't think the mayonnaise is really making a significant difference to the salubrity of the meal, unless you're eating more mayonnaise than potato or something.

Yeah really. If you're eating fried food who cares about the mayo on it. If you're eating fried food often enough that not eating mayo with it would change anything at all to you overall health, then the problem isn't the mayo, it's that you're eating way too much fried food.

--

I got a nice check for Xmas... but now I have to go out that check in my account so I either need to go to the bank or find the app for my bank and figure out how to deposit a check with a picture. So much work :(

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The new medications work but I haven't been able to sleep in since starting them.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

KingColliwog posted:

find the app for my bank and figure out how to deposit a check with a picture. So much work :(

Do this. It works really well and is a great convenience. I don't really see a lot of the appeal of having a smart phone banking app (why do I need the capability to check my bank accounts from my phone?) but they are worthwhile to install for this feature.

silence_kit has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Jan 21, 2018

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

silence_kit posted:

Do this. It works really well and is a great convenience. I don't really see a lot of the appeal of having a smart phone banking app (why do I need the capability to check my bank accounts from my phone?) but they are worthwhile to install for this feature.

I have accounts at two banks. One of them charges a convenience fee for depositing checks by picture and it's free with the other, so make sure you verify that part first.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm sick, but I really want to go for a run :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Have to fly back home on Tuesday, then hire movers and finish packing. It's gonna be a stressful week.

Thankfully, we got approved for a place on Friday and we gave them the security deposit already. So we're able to spend a few days relaxing.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I have a phone interview for a job I want, but it's at 8:40 Monday morning! Will I even be coherent??

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Today is basically my last proper day off until like mid-March.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have an upset tummy.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It's 6:30pm and I have to go grocery-shopping. Grocery-shopping in the evening is meh.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have a ride-along with the assistant manager tomorrow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The government is shut down because our president's diaper is full but I still have to go to work.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

The government is shut down because our president's diaper is full but I still have to go to work.

Shutdown affects the FAA so like, don’t use any airplanes.

E: source: friend works in FAA and has to come home from job installing radar systems at a large airport.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Jan 22, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

Shutdown affects the FAA so like, don’t use any airplanes.

E: source: friend works in FAA and has to come home from job installing radar systems at a large airport.

Air controllers still have to show up because you can't interrupt capitalism.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I had to sit in the unheated foyer of my building for an hour and a half because I forgot to take my key fob with me and for some reason my call box code no longer works.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
I wish betting on horses was more of a thing in my town but when you live in a semi-prosperous suburban area people look down on that & are snobs about it

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've probably bitched about this before, but whatever: my Fitbit is acting up a bit. It used to be that when the thing poo poo the bed about recording my heartrate, it would just swap between you have a slower heart rate than professional swimmers or you are tachycardic by hummingbird standards? Now the drat thing has decided that it's just not going to record my pulse when I'm anything less than a brisk jog, leading to my resting-heart-rate numbers being off.

I know I shouldn't care, but it's low-key stressful all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I bought some nice noise cancelling headphones for my wife and they got delivered to the post locker just up the road from my office, but it’s humid out there and I don’t want to leave the air conditioning. :(