Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I remember watching videos of Bushs gubernatorial debates vs his president debates as proof of his mental decline and I thought w Bush was the closest we'd ever get to an authoritarian furher

https://youtu.be/Z12lrlNsjgQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bush's "aw shucks" presidential personality was 100% fabricated

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It's one of history's cruel ironies that President "You could grab a beer with him" was a teetotaler.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Here's a list of morons, in case you live in one of these states:

Tammy Baldwin (WI)
Michael Bennet (CO)
Sherrod Brown (OH)
Maria Cantwell (WA)
Ben Cardin (MD)
Tom Carper (DE)
Bob Casey (PA)
Chris Coons (DE)
Joe Donnelly (IN)
Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Dick Durbin (IL)
Maggie Hassan (NH)
Martin Heinrich (NM)
Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
Doug Jones (AL)
Tim Kaine (VA)
Angus King (I-ME)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Joe Manchin (WV)
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Patty Murray (WA)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Gary Peters (MI)
Jack Reed (RI)
Brian Schatz (HI)
Chuck Schumer (NY)
Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Tina Smith (MN)
Debbie Stabenow (MI)
Tom Udall (NM)
Chris Van Hollen (MD)
Mark Warner (VA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

All these sociopaths have to be teetotalers lest they let their guard down and say what they truly think

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tammy Baldwin (WI)
Michael Bennet (CO)
Sherrod Brown (OH)
Maria Cantwell (WA)
Ben Cardin (MD)
Tom Carper (DE)
Bob Casey (PA)
Chris Coons (DE)
Joe Donnelly (IN)
Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Dick Durbin (IL)
Maggie Hassan (NH)
Martin Heinrich (NM)
Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
Doug Jones (AL)
Tim Kaine (VA)
Angus King (I-ME)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Joe Manchin (WV)
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Patty Murray (WA)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Gary Peters (MI)
Jack Reed (RI)
Brian Schatz (HI)
Chuck Schumer (NY)
Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Tina Smith (MN)
Debbie Stabenow (MI)
Tom Udall (NM)
Chris Van Hollen (MD)
Mark Warner (VA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)

*squints* no Ted Cruz I guess I'm in the clear

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

I use the YMCA because it's half off for the sports I put my kids in, even though there's a 24 hour fitness literally a quarter mile from me

You’re our bread and butter. Families who use our faculty because while it might be cheaper to lift elsewhere good luck finding kids programming with that at a reasonable rate

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tammy Baldwin (WI)
Michael Bennet (CO)
Sherrod Brown (OH)
Maria Cantwell (WA)
Ben Cardin (MD)
Tom Carper (DE)
Bob Casey (PA)
Chris Coons (DE)
Joe Donnelly (IN)
Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Dick Durbin (IL)
Maggie Hassan (NH)
Martin Heinrich (NM)
Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
Doug Jones (AL)
Tim Kaine (VA)
Angus King (I-ME)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Joe Manchin (WV)
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Patty Murray (WA)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Gary Peters (MI)
Jack Reed (RI)
Brian Schatz (HI)
Chuck Schumer (NY)
Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Tina Smith (MN)
Debbie Stabenow (MI)
Tom Udall (NM)
Chris Van Hollen (MD)
Mark Warner (VA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)

What the hell Patty?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

What the hell Patty?

Not running for president.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tammy Baldwin (WI)
Michael Bennet (CO)
Sherrod Brown (OH)
Maria Cantwell (WA)
Ben Cardin (MD)
Tom Carper (DE)
Bob Casey (PA)
Chris Coons (DE)
Joe Donnelly (IN)
Tammy Duckworth (IL)
Dick Durbin (IL)
Maggie Hassan (NH)
Martin Heinrich (NM)
Heidi Heitkamp (ND)
Doug Jones (AL)
Tim Kaine (VA)
Angus King (I-ME)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Joe Manchin (WV)
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Patty Murray (WA)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Gary Peters (MI)
Jack Reed (RI)
Brian Schatz (HI)
Chuck Schumer (NY)
Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Tina Smith (MN)
Debbie Stabenow (MI)
Tom Udall (NM)
Chris Van Hollen (MD)
Mark Warner (VA)
Sheldon Whitehouse (RI)

They funded the government for three weeks, not for a year. It was a delaying action coupled with CHIP renewal. And my guess is that Schumer released the presidential aspirants to vote with their consciences.

That said, it's important to pressure the Dems to shut down the government if after McConnell breaks his promise on DACA. You should call Feinstein and Harris to thank them for their votes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Problem is now when they shut it down again in a few weeks the narrative will completely blame it in the Dems and they will fold like a house of cards.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

That's what the phone calls are designed to prevent.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Remember when the Republicans repeatedly shut down the government for immensely stupid and/or no reasons and the American people punished them by giving them control of all three branches of government?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Remember when the Republicans repeatedly shut down the government for immensely stupid and/or no reasons and the American people punished them by giving them control of all three branches of government?

Too bad the Dems don't have a major news org willing to completely sell out for them. MSNBC isn't anywhere near Fox's level

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Glumslinger posted:

Too bad the Dems don't have a major news org willing to completely sell out for them. MSNBC isn't anywhere near Fox's level

That would require them to be competent, which is not what they are.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

That would require them to be competent, which is not what they are.

Competent doesn't exactly describe congressional republicans either

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Glumslinger posted:

Competent doesn't exactly describe congressional republicans either

Okay they don't care nearly enough to try.

They are the party of status quo, so they don't fight very hard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

C-Euro posted:

Having a gym really close to where you live is a godsend for your fitness.

Every time my wife and I are waffling about working out, we remember that's it only a block and a half to get to our gym and we just go.

The galaxy brain move is joining the gym in the parking lot of your grocery store.

Hard to get those twinkies when you're leaving to go lift afterward

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Super Troopers 2 is gonna own

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That’s what I thought about Pitch Perfect 2

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

True confessions until last year I thought Pitch perfect were movies about Indian kids playing soccer

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Super Troopers 2 is gonna own

Come on man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEed-o8fVpM

e: hell yeah it's out on my birthday

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 23, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Pitch Perfect 1-3 are perfect because they contain Anna Kendrick's magnificent little pinched face

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Its Rinaldo posted:

True confessions until last year I thought Pitch perfect were movies about Indian kids playing soccer

That’s amazing. You should watch the first one. 2&3 don’t actually exist.

I havent actually seen 3 but I was so mad about PP2 that I refuse to see it.

Don’t get me started on Mean Girls 2

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mean Girls is Art and if you disagree then get the gently caress out

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Claire McCaskill isn't running to the in Dem votes in Missouri. She is running to hope that the gop stays home.

That said, gently caress her full communism now

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

That’s amazing. You should watch the first one. 2&3 don’t actually exist.

Agreed. Pitch Perfect was a good one.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was reading another thread and was reminded of the worst job I ever had growing up, which was working at the deli counter of a Fred Meyer while I was doing classes at Community College. I can never ever eat rotisserie chicken because of it again.

What were the worst jobs y'all had growing up?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

I was reading another thread and was reminded of the worst job I ever had growing up, which was working at the deli counter of a Fred Meyer while I was doing classes at Community College. I can never ever eat rotisserie chicken because of it again.

I worked in the deli at Publix. It wasn't awful, but wasn't great either.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I worked at a Piggly Wiggly and they fired me because they found out I was also working at Winn Dixie.

I was 12-13 or whatever the age was you could first get a job. My significantly older manager told me what a White Dragon was and I was horrified.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Mean Girls is Art and if you disagree then get the gently caress out

This is not an empty quote

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Either making potatoes at McAllister’s deli or leasing apartments

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

seiferguy posted:

The first job I had in high school was a laborer for a framing crew. It was brutal lol. I made it through Summer, but when I worked over xmas break, it was a cold snap of like -20 degrees every day for 2 weeks. On my last day, I was humping 5gal buckets of cement to dump into the holes in a cement block foundation, and it was so cold that I didn't know it had seeped through my Carhartt bibs, so when I got home and got in the shower to warm up, it activated the lye that had soaked through my clothes, and gave me 3rd degree chemical burns on my calves.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I had a paper route when I was in 6th grade. It was miserable because I had to get up at like 5 AM to fold newspapers and then ride around delivering them so that one or two people could call and complain they didn't get their papers or something (usually meant it was under their car or I'd got the address wrong but ffs I was a kid). And then do it again in the evening.

But probably my worst job was working preload at UPS. I had to get up at two or three in the morning to go work from 4 or 4:30 till 8:30 or so, earning $10 an hour. Honestly we also got health benefits and it was a union job and that made it better, and also it was a workout, but needing to go to bed at like 6pm blows. People do not accommodate you by being quiet in the evening, and at the time I lived in a super lovely roommate situation and right outside my bedroom window was the basketball area of an elementary school, where kids would come play in the evening. Getting across town on public transit at 3 AM is also super lovely (I didn't have a car), and I was working a second part-time job and going to college at the time so my schedule was always hosed and then I tried to switch to a normal daytime schedule on the weekends so I could spend time with my girlfriend and that usually meant not sleeping properly sunday night.

I did that poo poo for a year and a half, and then I was on the UPS strike which lost me enough money I had to skip a semester of school, and all us part-timers got out of the strike was a 50c an hour raise, which I figured out would take me years to pay back what I'd lost in wages during the strike, so I finally quit.

I did get a lot of stories out of that job. The poo poo your packages go through at an aging, massively overcapacity UPS facility. :gibs:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I worked one summer doing maintenance at a hotel at my home town. Things I did:
-Tamp down the dumpster when it got full by climbing in it. Yeah, rotting food in the hot summer day is not how I want to spend my time.
-Had to clean up the property after a Phish concert was held nearby. Apparently these hippies don't give a poo poo about the environment.
-Cleaned the air conditioning units with this solvent that smelled like rotting lobster & literally caused me to stop breathing if I accidentally inhaled it. All this was done without any protective breathing masks.

Then there was the time post-college where I got a job being a news monitor doing 3rd shift from 10pm-6am. My job consisted of watching news broadcasts then writing a synopsis, mentioning any instances of a person, place, and/or company. This was then kept in a database where any person/company can cross-reference it to pull tape on any mention for their own use. Watching news is not a good thing for one's mental health, and combined with a poo poo sleep schedule I was near suicidal. One evening when doing a synopsis for Charlie Rose(?) they mentioned Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? I described Darva Conger as a "stupid gold-digging whore." Got fired the next day.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I worked at a reclaimed food warehouse one summer. Name is as youd expect, we'd get returned food both perishable and non, and had to sort it out of trucks and into new packaging to be shipped to discount resellers/wholesalers. Sometimes you opened a box and it was just candy, sometimes it was broken soda cans, sometimes it was maggots ya just never knew. Oh, and you had a quota of 4000 items a day huzzah

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lumber mill paid under the table at 17. When we thought i broke my shoulder the solution was whiskey (I refused because I was a good Christina boy)

E: actually pasta shop for 7 bucks an hour in college where the owners brother would watch PBS reporting American casualties in Iraq and tell me I was gonna be on there soon

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I was a photo tech for drugstores through high school and college. Not only was it a bitch of a job that carried all the poo poo parts of being a cashier, but the only reason a customer would talk to you is if they hosed up their photos.

At least four arguments a shift. At least. It was always the god damned shutter speed too.

I'd constantly get written up for doing homework when the store was 100% empty, or the loving rear end in a top hat shift supervisor scheduling me during class (despite having a printout of my schedule before the terms ever started). I quit after they started harassing my then nightmare of a girlfriend after taking her number from my phone.

I'm very happy a cop buddy was around for that one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Just cooked up some one pot chicken alfredo pasta and it's amazing. The kids all like it too :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The 69 hour shutdown is officially over.