Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
No but they have to have done something since last update, it's running like poo poo on my phone now for some reason. (Galaxy S7)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Um, so I did a deep dig of my financials over the past year and tallied up all the little bits and pieces of cash I’ve dropped on this game and...I’m OUT! I think I’m in Doctor Goons. Please feel free to kick me out.

:shepspends::homebrew::retrogames:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

navyjack posted:

Um, so I did a deep dig of my financials over the past year and tallied up all the little bits and pieces of cash I’ve dropped on this game and...I’m OUT! I think I’m in Doctor Goons. Please feel free to kick me out.

Owned.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

No one has ever been so owned as me. I’d have been better off buying bitcoin with it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

:10bux:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

But buttcoins won't get you kpop waifu, come back to us!!!

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TIL that apparently the reward you get for Alliance Conquest regardless of winning or losing is based on how many characters you use every day. If you win you get a couple million gold on top, but the chest is entirely based on how many bodies you threw around. If you have your whole roster tied up defending it counts as using them all.

Of course, the best reward I've ever gotten from that box was something like 50 5* upgrade ISOs so if it's actually worth the time who the hell knows but I guess even if you know you can't win there's a point to throwing all of your T1's at an enemy Jean.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ive only ever got norns

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

navyjack posted:

what shame level?

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

im freaking the heck out posted:

No but they have to have done something since last update, it's running like poo poo on my phone now for some reason. (Galaxy S7)

Try deleting the game and reinstalling it. I was having battery issues and performance issues and then I reinstalled the game. It ran much better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like by the time I have 6600 crystals It will be the Black Panther event and I'll again, buy all the movie costumes.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

OMG, Kpop waifus leadership ability is the chance to play her song! I must do the needful and have her as leader at every opportunity.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

im freaking the heck out posted:

OMG, Kpop waifus leadership ability is the chance to play her song! I must do the needful and have her as leader at every opportunity.

Ahahahaha, that's rad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized why Cable was performing so poorly and also Ancient One, I forgot to put ISOs on them. Some Energy attacks and increase of critical, and they're useful.

So how do you participate in Alliance Conquest? every time its running I try to join and it says I have no characters that can be used.

Are we just getting Kpop Waifu with the update? Unlike last time, i remembered to complete as much as I could before the updated started. Managed to get to SL 9 before it stopped, though I couldn't collect my rewards.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

I realized why Cable was performing so poorly and also Ancient One, I forgot to put ISOs on them. Some Energy attacks and increase of critical, and they're useful.

So how do you participate in Alliance Conquest? every time its running I try to join and it says I have no characters that can be used.

Are we just getting Kpop Waifu with the update? Unlike last time, i remembered to complete as much as I could before the updated started. Managed to get to SL 9 before it stopped, though I couldn't collect my rewards.

Maybe you should try getting some useful characters, op.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fart simpson posted:

Maybe you should try getting some useful characters, op.

I have at T2 and maxed out - Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Storm, Phoenix, Cyclops, Cap 2099, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Gwenpool, Enchantress, Hela, Thor, Loki, Jane Foster Thor, Angela, Agent 13, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Squirrel Girl, Mysterio, Black Panther, Sif, Heimdall...uh probably have some I'm forgetting, but I have zero problems dealing with the world bosses except Apocalypse.

And for Conquest, no matter who I select, it says they're not available.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

There's no requirements for Conquest. You could use a 1 star, Level 1 character if you wanted. You have to go during a "Battle Phase" and click on an area that is available to be attacked (it has to share borders with an area your alliance has). Then there are 10 battles in the area and if you and/or your alliance mates can win all 10 battles you take the area.

Shadowland shouldn't reset until Thursday so you should be fine with that. Its all the daily stuff you might miss if you can't get on between the end of maintenance and the reset tomorrow.

Ancient One can be pretty easy if you just keep hitting the 5 and 4 and make sure you stay in her healing bubble. Try to get your back in a corner and its a piece of cake. Damage can be an issue but if you work his/her gear, skills, and isos she does enough to solo a teens Shadowland Combat Rumble.

Cable I haven't totally figured out yet. I have him worked up but I don't quite have him locked down. I just started doing a 3-1-5-4 rotation and that seems to keep him alive. But I haven't figured out the best way to do damage. Still, even with him only half figured out I can take down solo low 20s SL floors with him. I also took him for a run in the Alliance Challenge mode the other day and came just short of 100K. So I guess I'm not far off from figuring out and I may just need a good obelisk or some URUs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Honestly, I've found Cable best at just burning down bosses with his 6 channeling attack.

I must have been selecting the wrong areas to attack, when it starts up again I'll check.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So do we know yet if the new Waifu is the new GOAT? Just wondering if I should use a mega 6 on her.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I just managed to solo Floor 1 of Shadowlands (the Star-Lord/Rocket/Vision/Iron Man one) with her at 6/6/38

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no

STAC Goat posted:

Cable I haven't totally figured out yet. I have him worked up but I don't quite have him locked down. I just started doing a 3-1-5-4 rotation and that seems to keep him alive. But I haven't figured out the best way to do damage. Still, even with him only half figured out I can take down solo low 20s SL floors with him. I also took him for a run in the Alliance Challenge mode the other day and came just short of 100K. So I guess I'm not far off from figuring out and I may just need a good obelisk or some URUs.

Start with 4 then when his little blue rockets fire cancel into 3, cancel into 2, cancel into 5, let 5 run until it’s cooldown gets to 4seconds then 1 and then back into 4 again. If you get the timing right he shouldn’t take much damage and his 5 shreds everything.

So 4..c3c2c5...1

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is it possible to face any teams in timeline battles that do not have a literally invincible Wolverine? I skipped until about 5000 rating when it was just teams with T2 Jean, Thanos and Quicksilver. Wolverine in his uniform in about 95% of them.

Also is the new character worth anything? Can you get her bios from the daily bio selector sub?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

The Dave posted:

So do we know yet if the new Waifu is the new GOAT? Just wondering if I should use a mega 6 on her.

No clue. I mega T2ed her when it was clear that I only got bios from daily and the event battle. Gonna let her run around and do her thing and see how she is.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Cable I haven't totally figured out yet. I have him worked up but I don't quite have him locked down. I just started doing a 3-1-5-4 rotation and that seems to keep him alive.

Kween posted:

Start with 4 then when his little blue rockets fire cancel into 3, cancel into 2, cancel into 5, let 5 run until it’s cooldown gets to 4seconds then 1 and then back into 4 again. If you get the timing right he shouldn’t take much damage and his 5 shreds everything.

So 4..c3c2c5...1

I do 3, 4 until all blue balls show, 2 cancel right when he points into 5

3 is up by the time the invul off 5 is up so while I don't use 1, my Cable def has full invul uptime between iframes and the 5 (is the 1 an iframe?)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got so used to the autoplay for the quest missions from the X-23 missions, I forgot it isn't there until after you complete it in the Luna missions. I was thinking how could the very first mission be lost my Jean?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

How do I get enough Luna Snow bios to actually do the event missions past the first?

10 free unlock, first gave me 40, but I'd need 60 to rank her to 3?

EDIT: Oh you have to buy the bio sub

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 24, 2018

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Kween posted:

So 4..c3c2c5...1

This is basically what I do too. But what is Cable doing in WBI? I get into matches pretty often where he just melts the boss in less than 2 seconds and ends up with 95% damage (even on the ones that are just straight up "defeat the boss", not attack meter based) with no Coulson/Valkyrie or leadership. Even with my Jean those fights take 20ish seconds.

I do a ton of WBI but I still have no idea what's happening. I figured it was people damage hacking or something, but then I figure you'd see it on other characters. Nope, just Cable.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Hit 5, wait 2 seconds until dead.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dravs posted:

Is it possible to face any teams in timeline battles that do not have a literally invincible Wolverine? I skipped until about 5000 rating when it was just teams with T2 Jean, Thanos and Quicksilver. Wolverine in his uniform in about 95% of them.

I'm really lazy and only in Platinum so that probably makes a huge difference but I use Dr Strange for Wolverine. A 5 followed by a couple of 2s usually kills him, uni or not. Strange also has my immune to web for Spiders.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Hobospidey is my Wolverine killer even though he has type disadvantage, and unless he has web immune. Spaderman is great in timeline.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Every Hobo-man vs Wolverine duel I've come across in timeline battle (either mine or opponent's as I have both on my team) goes to full time because I'm too lazy to pick up my phone and play.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Got 127K in ABX with Moon Blizzard at tier 1, she seems pretty beefy. Almost died a couple times but I wasn't really trying to dodge around much, just facetanked everything.

Seems like she's going to really need immune to guard break on her special gear, her 4 and 5 skills heal her but only at the very end of the animation, I got knocked out early constantly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thechalkoutline posted:

I do 3, 4 until all blue balls show, 2 cancel right when he points into 5

3 is up by the time the invul off 5 is up so while I don't use 1, my Cable def has full invul uptime between iframes and the 5 (is the 1 an iframe?)

I've been doing the 3 to get the shield to cover him through the 1, then 5 for the new shield, cancel that when the shield runs out and hit the 5 for the iframes. It seems to do the same thing of making him nigh indestructible (seems like there's a few sequences to do that, which probably speaks to how good he is). Dying isn't the problem. I'm just trying to maximize damage, but like I said he fell just short of 100K in ABX so I'm not far off, I don't think and it might just be a matter of picking the right obelisk. Sounds like most people have a CTP on him and the only one I have I threw on Quicksilver, so I'll see.

Like the other poster I'm basically just trying to figure out why other Cables in WBI are gods and kill the boss in 2 seconds and mine is comparatively a wuss who struggles to get 1/3rd of the damage in a fight.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Yes you need a ctp of energy which helps immensely.

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
Just so long as you’ve got an obelisk with a damage proc that goes off every 7seconds you should be able to break 100k easily. I’m getting around 300k with a bad obelisk and my cable is only level 55 although my cards are pretty good.

He can score up to around 1.8m in abx so if you run into someone that well geared you’re gonna lose.

In wbi you can probably just press 5 and stand there and you’ll win unless you’re up against a good jean/antiman/scarlet/cable.

Probably the best thing is just go look on YouTube for cable abx and pick a vid with a huge score in the title and copy whatever they’re doing

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!
Cable talk:

ABX - If we're talking ideal obe, you want a CTP of energy on him. Since these are so rare, I would advise to keep rolling until you get a big damage proc - 200% is ideal, but 180% works if you get tired of rolling. A rotation of his skills (4 til the balls come out, 3cancel, 2cancel, 5 until the immunity wears off, then 1 to dodge away from meteors and the frost beast's attack, repeat) will let you proc for just about the full 5 seconds of his 5th skill. If you don't have a CTP, a crit damage/rate and damage proc will also work. I'm able to get around 740k on his ABX days which is nowhere near a top score but is easy enough to do with a fairly brain-dead approach. I lead with Ancient One and put Coulson on the team.

For WBI, just tap and hold the 5th skill and you should win - no fussing around needed. I find this method works for most characters with a channeling skill. Put a damage proc gear on them, press/hold that skill, and win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, winning with WBI isn't an issue. I don't think I've lost a WBI battle in months.

Its just that other people's Cable's do that whole domination thing where my Cable's always putting up a lame 11% or something.

Truthfully this is probably more a product of me almost always doing Cable as my first WBI of the day since he's the first guy on my roster. Which means other people are probably playing with their big guns that are just never giving my guy a chance. But I never really took Cable seriously because I rushed right into Scarlet Witch so its a good excuse for me to slow down and take a look at him to get him working at his best.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah, same. Winning with Cable isn't a problem ever in WBI, just trying to figure out how other Cables are melting Odin before the other 2 people on the team can reach him to attack on a stage that isn't attack progression.

Seems fishy. When I do WBI as Cable I pretty much always get top damage, but it's nowhere close to that fast. I just hit 5 as soon as the stage starts. And my Cable is kitted out, CTP and maxed ISO set.

It's not like it happens rarely either, its pretty frequent. I use like 200 or more energy on WBI every day and see it often.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, it probably just comes down to people who spend money and have like 3 sets of isos and maxed out Urus and whatever else you can buy.

But like I said, its an excuse for me to finally slow down and look at Cable and tweak him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah, same. Winning with Cable isn't a problem ever in WBI, just trying to figure out how other Cables are melting Odin before the other 2 people on the team can reach him to attack on a stage that isn't attack progression.

Seems fishy. When I do WBI as Cable I pretty much always get top damage, but it's nowhere close to that fast. I just hit 5 as soon as the stage starts. And my Cable is kitted out, CTP and maxed ISO set.

It's not like it happens rarely either, its pretty frequent. I use like 200 or more energy on WBI every day and see it often.

Ok, that's strange, what's your damage proc on your CTP? Mine's at 200 which is why I assume everything goes down so quick.