Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I don't think there was any real statement made on the size of Duke's balls, only the material from which they were constructed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

About 20 years too late for me to care

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Hank Morgan posted:

Over the weekend I've released the updated version 1.03 of my Ultima Underworld 1&2 port to the Unity engine.

If anyone is interested in trying it out you can get it at

https://github.com/hankmorgan/UnderworldExporter/releases/latest

*Requires original game files.

Is this...a completely playable and working port of UUW1 to Unity? loving hell! Definitely going to check this out.

Do Pathways into Darkness next? :v:

(I note in the README you mention that you want to do Shock at some point; you might want to hold off until NDS releases the source code. It'll save you a lot of reverse engineering.)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Ahahaha yessss :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I just can't see him

...as duke

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I wonder how big John Cena's dick and balls are, and how much we will be seeing them in this movie.

Also I wonder how much full penetration we will see in this Duke Nukum movie.

Dolph Lundgren style, baby!

I am pleased with this news, this movie getting released would be nothing but a positive for pop culture history. Now, it being good and/or entertaining for me, that'd also be nice, but if it ends up being the next Legend of Chun-Li or something that's funny and still something. Just a Duke Nukem movie hitting theaters would be, well, it'd say something. Always bet on Duke.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Saying 'always bet on duke' at this point is like telling a roulette gambler 'always bet on blue'. But hell if it ends up being real I'll watch it.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Saying 'always bet on duke' at this point is like telling a roulette gambler 'always bet on blue'. But hell if it ends up being real I'll watch it.

ISTR a post from when DNF came out saying something like "You should always bet on Duke, but part of that is being able to tell the Real Duke from the lovely Imitation Duke. DNF is the latter."

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Well I don't agree with that.

Jon St John tweeted that he doesn't like this and wants a CGI Duke Nukem movie that he's in. Hopefully JSJ gets to keep voicing Duke for years to come. I can see why he'd be worried though.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

CJacobs posted:

PG-13 Duke is gonna be a hell of a sight.

Honestly, I think it's probably for the best. It forces them to reign in the lolsex a bit (PG-13 allows a couple double entendres, but they couldn't do the blowjob scene from DNF for instance) and push Duke being a huge dork who just happens to be able to actually back up his action hero quoting persona. And the fact he watches Oprah. They always forget that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Duke is cultured, for sure. Maybe he lost his memories and it was filled in with TV broadcasts, like Savage Dragon. I'm expecting the usual game adaptation, if we're lucky it's an action movie where somebody shoots aliens and makes jokes. Maybe he'll throw a poker chip on an alien's corpse and say "Chips ahoy".

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Is it just me, or is it surreal as hell that there's a goddamn petition to keep John Cena from acting as Duke Nukem in an upcoming film to hit theaters worldwide?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that feels like I'm in some sort of dream here.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A Duke movie has potential to be good and really fun as long as the person writing it understands what Duke is supposed to be instead of trying to write him like he's an actual badass, and if we get a good Duke it seems like Cena would work well for it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
A Duke movie has a chance of being good if they basically did John Wick but with aliens getting gunned down by the dozens instead of regular henchmen.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Duke Nukem movie starring John F. A. Cena to be written by George Broussard and directed by fellow brute Uwe Boll.

"There will be no full penetration," Boll explains. "But I can assure fans that Adolf Hitler will be one of the characters."

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
We need a Last Action Hero type movie where Duke saves us from the 80s cartoon villain running the USA with a golden fist

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So a movie of a video game character that's 90% movie references. I don't think it'll work. I mean, would you rather watch Indiana Jones, or the Tomb Raider movie?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ponzicar posted:

So a movie of a video game character that's 90% movie references. I don't think it'll work. I mean, would you rather watch Indiana Jones, or the Tomb Raider movie?

It's an easy choice: I'd watch a geriatric Indy climb into a refrigerator until the end of time; I'd listen to his old bones creak like the doors of the tombs he raids.

Meanwhile Angelina Jolie does her best impression of a scullery maid, and the sexual tension between herself and Jon Voight is unbearable.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Progress report on 'mech doom' project, testing for rendering and painting over sprites with proper pixel art is for the most part a success. I'm already finding ways that I can speed the whole process up by refining things in sections, like legs could be done once and copied to the opposite side with minimal edits, torso doesn't need to move much, etc. I'll definitely need to make other enemies simpler in design, and definitely more chunky.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That's looking great! :D

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Progress report on 'mech doom' project, testing for rendering and painting over sprites with proper pixel art is for the most part a success. I'm already finding ways that I can speed the whole process up by refining things in sections, like legs could be done once and copied to the opposite side with minimal edits, torso doesn't need to move much, etc. I'll definitely need to make other enemies simpler in design, and definitely more chunky.

this started playing in my head as soon as I looked at that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

This look awesome! Reminds me of One Must Fall 2097

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

:swoon:

Oh by the way, when it comes time to adding sound effects, the robots in Strife might have some sounds worth using. Especially the Inquisitors.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Someone pointed out that Cena would be a good BJ Blazkowitch and now I can't stop thinking about it

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Now that I think about it, I want a Commander Keen movie more than I want a Duke Nukem movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Now that I think about it, I want a Commander Keen movie more than I want a Duke Nukem movie.

It could actually be a genuinely great kids/family movie. Billy Blaze, sent to bed early for not eating his vegetables, has to now save earth from terrible aliens on their way to our planet!

OR

He has a nightmare about vegetables who are trying to kill him. It could work.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'd be interested in a Commander Keen cameo in a Duke3D movie. Duke will teach Billy to love the veggies while tipping strippers.

Speaking of Duke, I've decided to engage in another annual DNF playthrough to guage the game. Along with my Daikatan annual run, it's starting to add itself to my traditional list of games I have to play once a year.

The list ended up looking like this:
-Doom
-Daikatana
-Wolf3D
-DNF
-Deus Ex
-Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

DNF is still the worst but I just had to try and finish the game on skill 4 and I always forget the ego boost on the dam.

Wamdoodle posted:

It does look good except for the intestine looking a little bit :dong:

It looks perfect in every way and I'd argue it should stay.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

ToxicFrog posted:

Is this...a completely playable and working port of UUW1 to Unity? loving hell! Definitely going to check this out.

Do Pathways into Darkness next? :v:

(I note in the README you mention that you want to do Shock at some point; you might want to hold off until NDS releases the source code. It'll save you a lot of reverse engineering.)

Yeah. You can fully beat Underworld 1 (with a few bugs and rough edges along the way). Underworld 2 is partially playable and because the engines/file formats aren't a million miles apart it has a map renderer for System Shock 1 and Terra Nova. I don't plan on considering doing any work on SS1 until UW2 is bedded down though.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Uncle Kitchener posted:

I'd be interested in a Commander Keen cameo in a Duke3D movie. Duke will teach Billy to love the veggies while tipping strippers.

Speaking of Duke, I've decided to engage in another annual DNF playthrough to guage the game. Along with my Daikatan annual run, it's starting to add itself to my traditional list of games I have to play once a year.

The list ended up looking like this:
-Doom
-Daikatana
-Wolf3D
-DNF
-Deus Ex
-Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

DNF is still the worst but I just had to try and finish the game on skill 4 and I always forget the ego boost on the dam.

It looks perfect in every way and I'd argue it should stay.

If it makes you feel better, I bought DNF last year for like $4. That being said, I've only played past the intro so far, but I wondered how difficult it would be to get all the achievements.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

this started playing in my head as soon as I looked at that
Hmm, personally this started playing.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
The more I read this thread, the more I realize I want "Wreck It-Ralph" but with many more FPS protagonists and Not-Duke Nukem as the lead.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
a duke nukem movie that understands that duke nukem as a character in 2018 loving sucks and there is no redemption arc and everyone hates him would own t b q h

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah but get this

Shrek, but Shrek is Duke Nukem

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Shrek Nekem

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
lizard troopers, are like onions

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ETPC posted:

a duke nukem movie that understands that duke nukem as a character in 2018 loving sucks and there is no redemption arc and everyone hates him would own t b q h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-XRno3nTC0 (the second half of the video is John Cena rubbing his head, a bonus)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe they can calm Jon St John down and get him to voice coach Cena a little. A modern Duke Nukem movie should just be a hyper violent Johnny Bravo episode stretched out to two hours.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They should just get JSJ to do the voice anyway.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Just take The Marine (which starred Cena), CGI some sunglasses and a red tank-top in on Cena, replace the footage of villains with aliens, and get Jon St. John to ADR all of Cena's lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Max Wilco posted:

Just take The Marine (which starred Cena), CGI some sunglasses and a red tank-top in on Cena, replace the footage of villains with aliens, and get Jon St. John to ADR all of Cena's lines.

The Marine: Full Clip Edition?