Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mulaney Power Move posted:

so they ate one of the main characters?

No. But they did eat one of his relatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Wait what

our lorca is actually mirror lorca?

but how did he know about the relationship with admiral psychologist cripple? What the fuuuuuuuck

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MA-Horus posted:

Wait what

our lorca is actually mirror lorca?

but how did he know about the relationship with admiral psychologist cripple? What the fuuuuuuuck

He'd have access to Lorca's personal logs. He may also have that superpower some humans have where they can read other people's facial expressions and body language to infer things that haven't been said outright.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

so they ate ANOTHER one of the main characters?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Watching the Bell Riots episodes of DS9. It feels almost too timely now, especially since it's set in like 2021 or something. What was overly optimistic about the episode is that some digital screens had the temperature in C. Other than that the episode is full of pretty sadly good and believable predictions about the near future.

Also Sisko and Bashir have some long conversations about how absolutely hosed up earth is. That all these people are suffering not because they don't have space technology but because the economic and political system at the time was loving awful. This is a very black and white moralistic episode that bashes you over the head that capitalism/class is bad, treating the poor and mentally ill like criminals is bad, and being a cynical cog in the machine "just following orders" is bad too.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Facebook Aunt posted:

He'd have access to Lorca's personal logs. He may also have that superpower some humans have where they can read other people's facial expressions and body language to infer things that haven't been said outright.

I still think it'd make for a neat story to have someone arrive at a world where everyone is still facially expressive but nobody knows how to read facial expressions, and everyone treats it as a massive violation of privacy when the newcomer lets it be known that they're reading facial expressions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Baronjutter posted:

Watching the Bell Riots episodes of DS9. It feels almost too timely now, especially since it's set in like 2021 or something. What was overly optimistic about the episode is that some digital screens had the temperature in C. Other than that the episode is full of pretty sadly good and believable predictions about the near future.

Also Sisko and Bashir have some long conversations about how absolutely hosed up earth is. That all these people are suffering not because they don't have space technology but because the economic and political system at the time was loving awful. This is a very black and white moralistic episode that bashes you over the head that capitalism/class is bad, treating the poor and mentally ill like criminals is bad, and being a cynical cog in the machine "just following orders" is bad too.

Those episodes have some of the best angry shouty sisko moments in the show. Also Clint Howard playing himself.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Baronjutter posted:

Actor Dick Miller who played District Security Guard Vin in that episode also played Murray Futterman in Gremlins which also stars Zach Galligan who played Billy Peltzer who also guest appeared in Star Trek: Voyager in the episode "In the Flesh" as Ensign David Gentry.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Every thread is about Gremlins now, AND I LOVE IT

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I've not seen the latest STAR TREK and so I'm assuming all these spoilers are fanfic and by that I mean I'm mentally adding in poorly written sex scenes to all your posts.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hahahaha I had completely forgotten about the Klingons eating Georgiou

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

this aint your grandaddy's star trek. can't wait for the klingons to murder, rape, and eat the real saru as a season finale.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

saru will be crying in a grisly torture chamber room as the door opens and we see the silhouette of something that resembles a cross between a morning star and an anchor -- it is an erect klingon penis. as saru is being raped to death, he begins to sense death, to which his klingon torturer quips "what you sense is dinner! hahaha!"

the next scene they are eating saru and laughing about how much of a wuss he was but they joke about him at least being better than gahk. suddenly there is a lens flare...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Laughing? That's way too much range for an std kingon to express.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Aren't they some weird Chinese klingons that the main cannon never interacts with? Also, never forget that bomb-rear end klingon titties are now cannon.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i guess it's obvious i don't watch discovery

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

although don't be shocked if that saru joker gets eaten for real by the time the series is over

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Baronjutter posted:

They predicted things sooner than you think; a politician was trying to push a bill to instigate homeless districts just like the ones in that two-parter as it aired.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

saru will be crying in a grisly torture chamber room as the door opens and we see the silhouette of something that resembles a cross between a morning star and an anchor -- it is an erect klingon penis. as saru is being raped to death, he begins to sense death, to which his klingon torturer quips "what you sense is dinner! hahaha!"

the next scene they are eating saru and laughing about how much of a wuss he was but they joke about him at least being better than gahk. suddenly there is a lens flare...

*the lens flare is an Orgainian

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

lol but seriously I posted:

Aren't they some weird Chinese klingons that the main cannon never interacts with? Also, never forget that bomb-rear end klingon titties are now cannon.

Um thats been canon since 1991, RIP Duras sisters never forget the titty window

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I still think it'd make for a neat story to have someone arrive at a world where everyone is still facially expressive but nobody knows how to read facial expressions, and everyone treats it as a massive violation of privacy when the newcomer lets it be known that they're reading facial expressions.
Really pushing the frontiers by visiting planet autism.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

This is the worst show on television.

Aside from when they ate that Kelpien, that was alright.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I groaned at the reveal that every human being in the mirror universe suffers from photo-sensitivity. If it's congenital it seems like they would notice. Then again, they didn't notice that Tyler was a clone who had been custom-resized.

E: Did L'Rell just up and delete Voq? She screamed in the Klingon funerary tradition like he had died when she finished doing her thing. Seems like she wouldn't roll over that easy just because his vessel was experiencing discomfort.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 23, 2018

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I groaned at the reveal that every human being in the mirror universe suffers from photo-sensitivity.

EXCUSE ME WHAT are you kidding me that is such a stupid loving thing why in the hell, is Earth in the mirror universe farther away from the motherfucking sun or something WHY IS THIS SHOW SO loving STUPID

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MA-Horus posted:

EXCUSE ME WHAT are you kidding me that is such a stupid loving thing why in the hell, is Earth in the mirror universe farther away from the motherfucking sun or something WHY IS THIS SHOW SO loving STUPID

It's all the cruelty and wars and stuff. Arrows blotting out the sun.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

E: Did L'Rell just up and delete Voq? She screamed in the Klingon funerary tradition like he had died when she finished doing her thing. Seems like she wouldn't roll over that easy just because his vessel was experiencing discomfort.

Yeah I pretty sure "I can fix this" coupled with "This is irreversible" from a few episodes ago means that Voq is gone for good and all she could do to solve the conflicting brains thing was bring the Ash Tyler persona completely to the forefront. It was already a failed experiment after the manchurian candidate trigger phrase failed spectacularly anyway.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The light sensitivity could have been a deliberate genetic enhancement to low light vision, because it is easier to carry sunglasses than flashlights. Saves a bundle on electricity costs too.

They must have had their own version of the Eugenics Wars, and part of that may have involved widespread tinkering with DNA.

Or maybe it's just dumb.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Evil things are scared of the light, like vampires and such. You wouldn't know they were evil if they were not afraid of the light and skulking in darkness.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder if there is another alternate universe out there where everyone is really nice but they have all the lights turned up really high all the time?

Wait.

:aaaaa:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who's that guy up front he looks just like Bortus

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Who's that guy up front he looks just like Bortus

Latchcomb!!!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MA-Horus posted:

obviously it's because the mirror universe is darker

get it? get it?!! :shepicide:

oh jesus the pink tinge

if I had to watch on an old CRT television I'd still want to watch the HD remaster because it fixed the color

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

:five: Now That's What I Call Trek

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Forgot about Cardasians version 1.0, they had facial hair.

lol

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

obviously it's because the mirror universe is darker

get it? get it?!! :shepicide:

Isn't that the actual reason? Burnham gives this big depressing monologue about how even the light is different and more depressing and less optimistic and bright than her universe.

It's literally the grimdark universe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Forgot about Cardasians version 1.0, they had facial hair.

lol

I still like their original easter bunny chocolate armor but I’m not sure why

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I liked their dumbass helmets

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Cardassian v2.0 were the best and I wish they had kept those instead.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

What about Cardassian v0.5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still like their original easter bunny chocolate armor but I’m not sure why

You and a starving Bajoran woman both