Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

joepinetree posted:

The "at least they got CHIP" contingent has to be the greatest group of morons on earth. I look forward to the day when democrats accept ending social security in exchange for Republicans not passing the "child of the poor to serve as blood bags for Peter Thiel act" of 2021.

and then republicans pass that anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

joepinetree posted:

The "at least they got CHIP" contingent has to be the greatest group of morons on earth. I look forward to the day when democrats accept ending social security in exchange for Republicans not passing the "child of the poor to serve as blood bags for Peter Thiel act" of 2021. It is democrats.txt to have two issues where over 80% of the population side with you over republicans fall in your laps and then manage to transform that into more tax cuts and less oversight into intelligence spending.

These idiots complain about Republican intransigence, but that intransigence is the 100% smart thing to do when you know that your opponent's one move is to always give in and collaborate.

turns out authoritarian tendencies actually aren’t just the GOP’s domain

WHO KNEW

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It is also amazing that the people defending the democrats don't see the basic recursive logic of their defenses. It's a recursive cycle of justifying giving in.
It's like the Fibonacci sequence of suck: things are good because while they are worse, they are not as bad as they will be soon.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it's actually cool and good that I have Stockholm syndrome in every aspect of my life

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/jonathonmorgan/status/955649869464600577

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Phone posted:

it's actually cool and good that I have Stockholm syndrome in every aspect of my life

I am deeply concerned about the plight of immigrants, unless i'm busy or don't feel like helping and then those uppity minorities should be quiet and vote for me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

idk i have to agree with the russians on this one today, thats how bad you bungled :crossarms:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

just goes to show you that criticizing the democrats for anything makes you a foreign infiltrator

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shear Modulus posted:

just goes to show you that criticizing the democrats for anything makes you a foreign infiltrator

im sure the DACA recipients who criticized them today feel this way and have been treated as such

:ocelot:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

you know, russians are really great at just exploiting already existing weakness in society for mere pennies

weakness like the democrats

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
democrats are collectively worth less than the ruble lol

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Rand alPaul posted:

It's a shame the Zerg have fallen so low to be associated with bad dems :(

I blame Starcraft 2's awful 'noble savage' gimmick storyline.

Well they were ruled by a Slay Queen since Broodwar.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

imagine if democrats had any sort of coherent message that could compete with zero-effort astroturfed bullshit clickfarming

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dems are going to lose bigly in 2018

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

I goddamn guarantee you that some lanyard out there has come to the conclusion that this won't hurt the Dems because the DACA recipients aren't voters anyway

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kurtofan posted:

probably not. I'm a big negative on how today went but I don't think it'll affect 2018 too much. at absolutely utterly worst, democrats hold neutral

I think people are vastly underestimating just how much of the country is in abject horror at Trump and his government, and just how many people went "well Jesus Christ if Mother sucked enough at this I guess I have to do it myself if I want it done right"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

like, it sounds idealistic, but honestly the more the Democrats suck the more energized people will be to put people who don't loving suck and loving fail at their jobs into government

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
woke up this morning and had a chuckle because Democrats only exist to keep leftist ideas from taking root in Washington. all hail the corporation. we’re never coming home to that shithole.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think dems could still win the house in 2018 but are absolutely going to keep selling out their stated principles nonstop

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

even if they take the housr and senate theres a 0% chance that they hold the CR hostage or something for daca amnesty

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

like, it sounds idealistic, but honestly the more the Democrats suck the more energized people will be to put people who don't loving suck and loving fail at their jobs into government

Well yeah, there's probably going to be a wave regardless, but if this is all a reaction to Trump, then it's not sustainable, and if the Democrats that get elected are as useless as Schumer, then they're not going to enact policies that will be sustainable (if they get to enact anything at all!)

You're hoping that there's both a wave AND that actually-good people get elected in it, which is an if piled on top of another if.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m even ok with modernizing immigration laws and making some changes that can be perceived as harsh in an effort to build a true safety net. but I’m not on board with ‘papers please’ and the resulting mass deportation humanitarian crises Democrats seem to be a-ok with. gently caress this gay earth.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

you say this, but have you seen the vitriol from the center towards Chelsea Manning for daring to challenge a 40 year career politician?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dirk Pitt posted:

you say this, but have you seen the vitriol from the center towards Chelsea Manning for daring to challenge a 40 year career politician?

yes, I have, and it's absolutely disgusting

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

maybe if immigrants would gun down some palestinian children Chuck would support them harder

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
lotta predictions itt, care to make it interesting?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

yes, I have, and it's absolutely disgusting

:hai: I just don’t have faith in the democratic base at this point to demand better representation and a backbone to defend non middle managers/salaried professionals.

my weather app made a joke about the short shutdown.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

annihilate the Dems, folks

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
all you had to do

to win the hispanic vote forever and a day

was refuse to deport the people literally called DREAMers.

one job. One job.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Weeping Wound posted:

annihilate the Dems, folks

Too lazy

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
oh im sorry i forgot im required to pretend like anything is gonna change in 3 weeks

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

making it a boomers vs millenial thing is dumb as heck because the millenial capitalist heirs are going to try to grind you under their boot just the same

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
throw the Democratic party into the sea

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

comedyblissoption posted:

making it a boomers vs millenial thing is dumb as heck because the millenial capitalist heirs are going to try to grind you under their boot just the same
actually probably worse, since wealth inequality is worse within the millennial generation than the boomers.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
so it's agreed, we kill the millennials

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Pig posted:

so it's agreed, we kill the millennials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynsi98AEX1o

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

You're hoping that there's both a wave AND that actually-good people get elected in it, which is an if piled on top of another if.

most of the dems who win this year will suck, but a few okay folks will get through

probably more than would have otherwise had mother not poo poo the bed and maintained the status quo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Office Pig posted:

you know, russians are really great at just exploiting already existing weakness in society for mere pennies

weakness like the democrats

:ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the chuck zone

the schum room

• Locked thread