Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll report back with a comparison between steam overlay being on/off later. I'm right on the verge of a constant 60 frames at 4k.

If you want to see how well UE4 can really run, try the UT alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd like to see a new map that is just a urban sprawl twice the size of los leonas and nowhere else, same circle mechanics, but shrunk down.
Question is which does the game engine handle worse, 100 people in a smallish area or rendering a massive map.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd like to see a new map that is just a urban sprawl twice the size of los leonas and nowhere else, same circle mechanics, but shrunk down.
Question is which does the game engine handle worse, 100 people in a smallish area or rendering a massive map.

It struggles rendering city geometry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

my dream since i hate sniping and it'd make shotguns and poo poo useful for the entire game.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
It's awful to be focused on finding movement when scoping someone down and your eyes get a split second of distraction cause someone launched hunie pop.

Just turn it off.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Parallel Playa posted:

The steam overlay kills fps

It's showing over 100 for me, so who cares.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Voxx posted:

It's awful to be focused on finding movement when scoping someone down and your eyes get a split second of distraction cause someone launched hunie pop.

Just turn it off.
How else am I going to train for fighting in a real world scenario where I could be distracted by hunie pop related messages at any time!?

Also, I have friend notifications turned off by default because who wants to see that poo poo all the time? I haven't turned the steam overlay off completely, but I should try that and see if I notice any difference, because it's not like I use it for anything.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait, who has friends that play hunie pop?

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait, who has friends that play hunie pop?

I think that's the real problem here. Upgrade your SSD, RAM, and friendships for max FPS

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A map that is smaller in size + mostly los leones would be actually cool. lots more bridges between buildings and poo poo too

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
If Division has taught me one thing, it's that verticality in city maps is cool and good. I'd be so down for this.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

A map that is smaller in size + mostly los leones would be actually cool. lots more bridges between buildings and poo poo too

That's what they claimed Miramar would be back when it was first announced.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

hawowanlawow posted:

I'll report back with a comparison between steam overlay being on/off later. I'm right on the verge of a constant 60 frames at 4k.

Nothing seemed to change for me, stayed in the low 50s.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Now that Miramar is out and we've had the 1.0 release, what do we think is the next big thing they are working on for PUBG?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elman posted:

Enable experimental features in the nvidia experience app, then alt+f3 in game.

drat this doesn't do anything for me

edit - actually it seems like alt+f3 just toggles experimental features on and off so if you just do the checkmark maybe its a different hotkey?

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 23, 2018

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

fletcher posted:

Now that Miramar is out and we've had the 1.0 release, what do we think is the next big thing they are working on for PUBG?

The mobile port lol

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fletcher posted:

Probably adding a new pistol or SMG no one will ever use.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sorry I meant becoming an esport. In China.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Competitive hacking

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fletcher posted:

Judging by what they've already announced and have been talking about on Twitter and elsewhere, they've been focusing mainly on curbing cheating and implementing ping locking.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
weren't they originally saying that they had been working on two new maps? when are we getting weather back? I miss rain and fog.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Competitive hacking

They should just add built in hacks that you unlock in order to corner the market on pubg hacks

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Doorknob Slobber posted:

drat this doesn't do anything for me

edit - actually it seems like alt+f3 just toggles experimental features on and off so if you just do the checkmark maybe its a different hotkey?

the shaders are an experimental feature. If you don't have it, you'll need to (re)install the latest version of geforce experience.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I play PUBG on a slightly older gaming PC with a GTX770 2GB. When I play, the game performs as if all the characters were wading through water - movement and aiming are all sluggish. This isn't an effect of movement momentum alone, even spinning in place is sluggish. It dramatically affects my aim, which is far worse in PUBG than in CS or TF2 or DOOM or even the UT alpha.

The effect seems independent of framerate. I tried turning everything to minimums, giving me 50+ FPS most of the time. The slow feel did not go away.

Is this a common problem? Is it a settings or performance issue, or a deliberate part of the engine?

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Doorknob Slobber posted:

weren't they originally saying that they had been working on two new maps? when are we getting weather back? I miss rain and fog.

As do I, the rain was really cozy. I heard the bone version still has it so I guess there's still hope we'll get them back on PC.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I think you meant jump pads

Also new guns

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Goffer posted:

I think you meant jump pads

Also new guns

Every game would involve 80 people hitting the pads and then dying to fall damage.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Anyone tested the changes to the circle on test? Are they cool and good or wrong and bad?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Oh hey, I pulled off a perfect landing with an m4 right at my fee--nevermind... :smith:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I play PUBG on a slightly older gaming PC with a GTX770 2GB. When I play, the game performs as if all the characters were wading through water - movement and aiming are all sluggish. This isn't an effect of movement momentum alone, even spinning in place is sluggish. It dramatically affects my aim, which is far worse in PUBG than in CS or TF2 or DOOM or even the UT alpha.

The effect seems independent of framerate. I tried turning everything to minimums, giving me 50+ FPS most of the time. The slow feel did not go away.

Is this a common problem? Is it a settings or performance issue, or a deliberate part of the engine?

I mean 50 fps will still feel sluggish imo, and if you are used to playing CS and TF2 where you would most likely have at least 3 times the frame rate I could see it being noticeable. Does the sluggish feeling stay constant or does it wary a bit, perhaps depending on where you are in the map?
Does Vsync give you input delay in PUBG same as in CS? I turned it off from the beginning so I haven't tried with it on. Maybe try turning it off (if it's not already off) in the Nvidia control panel?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 23, 2018

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Elman posted:

Oh hey, I pulled off a perfect landing with an m4 right at my fee--nevermind... :smith:

Parachute landings that result in fall damage are the closest I get to raging in this game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Arkangelus posted:

Parachute landings that result in fall damage are the closest I get to raging in this game.

What about when your vehicle is stationary (0 kmph and no visible movement) and you get out and run yourself over?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

How do you check your ping in this game?

I don’t know what the hell, I was having tons of issues last night where I’d pop around a corner, see a mans, press ctrl to fire (like a gentleman) annnnnd…nothing happens. I also had a few instances of my character suddenly time warping back/forward.

I’m pretty sure my connection was flakey but I couldn’t figure out how to verify it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Arkangelus posted:

I can't even rage over it. One game I tried to land on a roof but for some reason it glitched out and cratered me into the ground with enough force that I died. It was basically "wobble wobble ZOOM SPLAT."

I laughed for like five minutes.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dangerllama posted:

How do you check your ping in this game?

I don’t know what the hell, I was having tons of issues last night where I’d pop around a corner, see a mans, press ctrl to fire (like a gentleman) annnnnd…nothing happens. I also had a few instances of my character suddenly time warping back/forward.

I’m pretty sure my connection was flakey but I couldn’t figure out how to verify it.

This isn't in game, but it's usefull.

https://pubgserverping.com/

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I do not often get kills but I'm proud of this one :unsmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcS7gFtmdQ

Also I don't know why it has my mic sound recorded but not my game sounds?? Thanks GeForce Experience :confused:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Evilreaver posted:

Also I don't know why it has my mic sound recorded but not my game sounds?? Thanks GeForce Experience :confused:

check the microphone icon to the left of your settings when you alt-z or whatever to bring up the shadowplay menu, you gotta set that up properly

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
A silly game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqh0CsYuAic

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

You've got it set up to record a separate mic track and youtube doesn't mix multiple tracks or let you swap between tracks.

IIRC it's just a box you need to uncheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Someone in the thread had an idea I liked; one I'd like to expand on:

They mentioned instead of parachuting out of plane, have 100 players rappelling down the side of a skyscraper. Once you "deploy," you break the window you're next to and enter the building.

I posit, since a top down mini map would be less useful, you would have a side view of the building, indicating where stairs, elevators and vents are, with an ever-present "you are X floors away from safety" graphic instead. The active play zone would be based off of the floors of the building, with the last zone being one floor. Instead of vehicles, there's window washing gondolas.