Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

You can opt into version 2.0 as a beta at the moment :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Pretty :master: of CA if they keep it at "coming soon" till tomorrow.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

TwatHammer posted:

Hahahaha... Please Don't Or I'll Write Like This While Clutching A Warhammer IRL

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
This will delay Norsca by another 3 months.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Carcer posted:

This will delay Norsca by another 3 months.

Preorder Total War: Warhammer 3 and get new faction Norsca in total war 2!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I dont know posted:

Preorder Total War: Warhammer 3 and get new faction Norsca in total war 2!

lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Haha, I'm amazed that the retail end can randomly poo poo the bed like the Workshop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

albany academy posted:

Yeah, he seems cool as heck. Is the only way to play this mod in campaign through the bloated faction unlocker? How bad is it?

I played it awhile ago in 1 and it was fine.

Just tried it in 2 and not sure where people are getting that it is bloated.

The most the faction unlocker seems to do is add a LL for kislev and then move some VCs around so Kemmler is in mousilini.

Unless I am missing something, cataphs southern realms does most of the additions here. Maybe crynos plans to add more later? The bigger issue is how many mods you need to put together to make a simple mod pack with these things and then all the extra races you can add from them like the norse dwarves.

Also it looks like they improved new world colonies with these two mods.

Lords: Merchant Prince, General of the Empire
Heroes: Bright, Jade, Empire Captain, Templar of Myrmidia
additional units: pikemen, adventurers, paymaster bodyguard, swashbucklers, pavise crossbowmen, sartosan pirates, broken lances, light canons
missing units: a lot of them, like no real good cav or arty

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

turn off the TV posted:

You can opt into version 2.0 as a beta at the moment :v:

Well, what's in it?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I would love to play some of these faction mods but I can't bring myself to it because the unit card aesthetic is different (shittier) and I'm a goddamn nerd

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

TwatHammer posted:

Except that it's just Steam being Steam.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:mad:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I would love to play some of these faction mods but I can't bring myself to it because the unit card aesthetic is different (shittier) and I'm a goddamn nerd

this is a valid reason tbh

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ZearothK posted:

Well, what's in it?

It's broken.

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Most of them have decent unit cards now, actually.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
"Just to put this in one place: Steam are currently having an issue that they're working on and they will let us know (and I, by proxy, will let YOU know) once it's fixed.

I'm sorry about the delay."

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7sf48c/tomb_kings_delay/?st=jcrsxvkt&sh=1269a146

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

why I like the southern realms, by timothy, age 9

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Plavski posted:

"Just to put this in one place: Steam are currently having an issue that they're working on and they will let us know (and I, by proxy, will let YOU know) once it's fixed.

I'm sorry about the delay."

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7sf48c/tomb_kings_delay/?st=jcrsxvkt&sh=1269a146

quote:

Things PR folks probably don't enjoy hearing "So hey, that update you all have been promoting for months? Our gerbil died and we're getting a new one, no idea when you'll be allowed to release it. Go inform the crazed masses."

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

It's somehow even worse now that Steam is showing Tomb Kings installed DLC when it isn't.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
And that it's showing the date available as Jan 24th. I hope that's just a bug, and not the harbinger of a disappointing PR statement in the next few minutes.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

drgnvale posted:

And that it's showing the date available as Jan 24th. I hope that's just a bug, and not the harbinger of a disappointing PR statement in the next few minutes.

Tomb Kings delayed until the Norsca Patch

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

drgnvale posted:

Yes, it apparently changed on its own. That's some intense levels of spaghetti.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

its up. 6.3 gb

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

It's downloading. 6.3GB

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Hot drat that 6.3gb update.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Lot to unpack here

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hell yes!!!!

AAAAAAA

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 23, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

still stuck preallocating :mad:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
ah finally, the update has arrived. time to sink a good couple of hours into the patching process :)

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh I thought it came out Friday

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The menu music isn't changed to spooky scary skeletons, the gently caress is this bullshit

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Argh, it's spent 10 minutes pre-allocating already :(

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deakul posted:

The menu music isn't changed to spooky scary skeletons, the gently caress is this bullshit

I look forward to swarms of chariots and eye laser statues to crush some rats.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Deakul posted:

mods coming in hot

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I've never had mods installed during an update before. Do I just uninstall everything?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

I've never had mods installed during an update before. Do I just uninstall everything?

If it's all Steam Workshop mods, you can just uncheck them in the mod manager.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

tarbrush posted:

Argh, it's spent 10 minutes pre-allocating already :(

Consider yourself lucky, mine's been going for 30 minutes.

What's to pre-allocate Steam? It all goes in the steamapps folder! There's lots of room!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
The gently caress. I have over 40GB free and it still wants more space. loving hog of a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It probably wants to install the entire game on empty space and then delete the old one rather than overriding and merging anything.