Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

angerbeet posted:

I'd take overcooked vs underdone every time

Depends what it is. If it's chicken or something made with ground meat, okay. Fish I always will err on the side of underdone if I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Pretty easy to get ladies to not eat tide pods.

Alot harder to deter gents though.

you son of a bitch

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I butt chugged a 'terg pod tonight. All good, but it burns a little and I can't stop farting bubbles.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RandomPauI posted:

That looks like the jello incarnation of "forever delitized"

foreverial jigglytized and loving it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samizdata posted:

I butt chugged a 'terg boy tonight. All good, but it burns a little and I can't stop farting bubbles.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Randaconda posted:

foreverial jigglytized and loving it

I’m staring down 2+ weeks of nothing but jello and pudding and fine soup. This is me :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arivia posted:

I’m staring down 2+ weeks of nothing but jello and pudding and fine soup. This is me :smith:

permanent cherry and lime tongue, permanently bill cosby, foreverially jigglytized and loving it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Grand Fromage posted:

Chicken soup with four whole heads of garlic was the only thing in there where I didn't see a problem other than what kind of animal only uses four heads of garlic? Lemon brownies sound fine too as long as it was zest and not bitter pith powder.

i've been past the point of "one bulb per recipe clove" for years now.

they're probably both wrong, frankly. he's all "if i detect any color variation in the meat it's gonna give me salmonella!" and she's misunderstood how overcooking is a problem but probably not as badly as presented

like holy poo poo if you don't want experimentation you should have just gotten her a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, not a class where experimentation is the point

but also she's got agency too and she wanted this class so maybe just be honest with your feelings about chicken tartare or be willing to experiment

if you trust your supplier there's literally nothing to worry about, and even if you don't salmonellosis is only terrible for a week, max

small price to pay

unless you're in a country like the US where we don't get reasonable sick leave which is totally part of this

stringless has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Jan 23, 2018

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Randaconda posted:

permanent cherry and lime tongue, permanently bill cosby, foreverially jigglytized and loving it

Bill Cosby is way too far. Not funny

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FFT posted:

i've been past the point of "one bulb per recipe clove" for years now.

they're probably both wrong, frankly. he's all "if i detect any color variation in the meat it's gonna give me salmonella!" and she's misunderstood how overcooking is a problem but probably not as badly as presented

like holy poo poo if you don't want experimentation you should have just gotten her a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, not a class where experimentation is the point

but also she's got agency too and she wanted this class so maybe just be honest with your feelings about chicken tartare or be willing to experiment

if you trust your supplier there's literally nothing to worry about, and even if you don't salmonellosis is only terrible for a week, max

small price to pay

unless you're in a country like the US where we don't get reasonable sick leave which is totally part of this
He should buy her an instant read thermometer as a gift, it's an easy way to properly cook things.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CannonFodder posted:

He should buy her an instant read thermometer as a gift, it's an easy way to properly cook things.

I got one for Christmas, and yes. Before it, there were so many times I'd cut into something only to find that I needed 20 more minutes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Re: that guy
How are leftovers from Olive garden having raw-inside-meatballs?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

KakerMix posted:

Re: that guy
How are leftovers from Olive garden having raw-inside-meatballs?

they were "leftovers from Olive garden" that she made pretending they were leftovers so he'd eat them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I honestly feel bad for that guy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

exquisite tea posted:

I honestly feel bad for that guy.

I honestly don't, because you know he could cook

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

In the story he says he does cook for himself but his girlfriend takes it as an insult and fights with him about it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
They are both lovely.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I interpreted that as he just picks up something for himself, or cooks something for himself, which would bother me if my partner did that.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

big trivia FAIL posted:

they were "leftovers from Olive garden" that she made pretending they were leftovers so he'd eat them.

lmao goddamn

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a traditional ligurian dish called "avanzi di Olive Garden" you clod

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

They are both lovely.

Don't really see what makes him so unsympathetic based on what is written. A little pathetic maybe but it's r/relationships so that's par for the course.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Don't really see what makes him so unsympathetic based on what is written. A little pathetic maybe but it's r/relationships so that's par for the course.

I didn't say unsympathetic. I said lovely.

I really doubt that his girlfriend understands the severity of the issue, because there is no reasonable and not crazy adult that would act like that. This means that he's either not expressing the whole truth and complaining that she didn't magically know, or he's dumb enough to stay with an actual crazy person despite identifying a massive problem
that NEEDS to be changed. Oh, and he can barely write a coherent sentence.

Just my opinion. No biggie.

E: She sucks all around.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
^^^ no one involved with a r/relationships story is reasonable or well-adjusted, hth

Iron Crowned posted:

I interpreted that as he just picks up something for himself, or cooks something for himself, which would bother me if my partner did that.
Getting salmonella would bother me a lot more than my gf being pissy I cooked something to eat for myself so that's the option I would pick. Then again if every meal was a guaranteed fight I'd just break up with her because gently caress it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Yawgmoth posted:

^^^ no one involved with a r/relationships story is reasonable or well-adjusted, hth

Well, yeah, but I thought that was a given.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So was gf just constantly making GBS threads her guts out, or did she also not eat the food she cooked? Maybe she was trying to kill him.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

If that were sriracha or another hot sauce or something I totally would, but we all know what that is.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ignite Memories posted:

So was gf just constantly making GBS threads her guts out, or did she also not eat the food she cooked? Maybe she was trying to kill him.

Some people are more susceptible to food poisoning than others. My husband can eat stuff that would kill me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AlbieQuirky posted:

Some people are more susceptible to food poisoning than others. My husband can eat stuff that would kill me.

Tell your gut flora to get good

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, yeah, but I thought that was a given.

Swedish_student_diet.jpg

It looks like there is some beef in there, but just pasta and ketchup is known as pasta rosso around here.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ignite Memories posted:

A higher risk of food poisoning still isn't a 100% certainty of food poisoning. If everything about the source meat was flawless before she under-cooked it, then it could be fine to eat it half raw. The problem is that there is just no reasonable way to know if it is safe or not, so a prudent person assumes it is unsafe.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Iron Crowned posted:

Tell your gut flora to get good

Alternately, colonize your own using a gel capsule and a small sampling of their feces!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's how you know it's love :allears:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

axolotl farmer posted:

Swedish_student_diet.jpg

It looks like there is some beef in there, but just pasta and ketchup is known as pasta rosso around here.

Obligatory (?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itXjAuUTs2U

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
My best friend loves to cook dinner but has the horrible habit of undercooking chicken, then microwaving it the rest of the way to done. The resulting texture is beyond nasty. Fortunately she eventually undercooked it so profoundly that it was basically chicken sashimi, and when she’d nuked it for five minutes it was so gross that even she couldn’t eat it, so now she believes us when we say something is inedible.

Also we got her an instant-read thermometer for her birthday.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yes, I would need some liquor for that.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I’ve been using the term “laundry sauce” as a catch-all

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wait just a minute here, the Author's last name is French for "drinker"

I call shenanigans

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

elise the great posted:

My best friend loves to cook dinner but has the horrible habit of undercooking chicken, then microwaving it the rest of the way to done. The resulting texture is beyond nasty. Fortunately she eventually undercooked it so profoundly that it was basically chicken sashimi, and when she’d nuked it for five minutes it was so gross that even she couldn’t eat it, so now she believes us when we say something is inedible.

How did she react to your eating placenta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

This might be the saddest looking meal posted in this thread.