Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

TheRat posted:

Invited. Also I accidentally sent you a friend-request first, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

No buying maps/anything resembling map pieces. Got the last staff from a Stormcaller set, well above average luck since I got all 4 in 5 staves.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Does PoB calculate increases to shock effectiveness?

The mood on Inpulsa's is green, indicating it does, but equipping it doesn't seem to change the dps.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

dyzzy posted:

The hidden downside of ngamahu builds, no easy PoB metric. Personally I just ignore the sheet calculations, worked all the way through t16 :shrug:

I've just estimated by making a fake level 16 Molten Strike skill group in PoB and sticking supports on it. "Good enough."

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Svensken posted:

Does PoB calculate increases to shock effectiveness?

The mood on Inpulsa's is green, indicating it does, but equipping it doesn't seem to change the dps.

Increased shock effect doesnt actually make shock more powerful, it just reduces the amount of damage you need to deal in order to get a max effect shock. As far as I know, theres no way to go above the 50% hardcap on shock damage.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tarezax posted:

I failed one of those once because I contagion/ED'd a pack of mobs two screens away from the target and it spread all the way over to his retinue, killing them all

Normally I can just use ED to snipe the target. Oops

I use Molten Strike with Ancestral Call and Wildfire Gems and dual Grelwood Shank's. One click of the button and the screen has lots of bouncing molten balls. I have tried drawing the guys out by kiting, but I have had very little success getting the boss to split from his guys, and I also have a pretty difficult time even telling which one is which since they are all running around trying to get me.

Oh well, was mostly just venting because he had just given me one of those stupid missions as a daily which I was being very careful on, I got the target far enough from his dudes to kill, but they all ran in after he fell down, and of course ran right into the MS balls before they faded and instantly died. Even if I had managed that, I would have still had to somehow kill all the minions but one.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
If I haven't murderballed the guards before I see them, I usually just run them around in big loops for a bit before slamming the main dude as hard as possible. Odds are one of them gets caught on terrain or charges off in another direction and doesn't run back in time before the main dude dies.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm thinking of doing a ~80% conversion flicker slayer that uses a disfavour. Because why not.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The Locator posted:

I use Molten Strike with Ancestral Call and Wildfire Gems and dual Grelwood Shank's. One click of the button and the screen has lots of bouncing molten balls. I have tried drawing the guys out by kiting, but I have had very little success getting the boss to split from his guys, and I also have a pretty difficult time even telling which one is which since they are all running around trying to get me.

Oh well, was mostly just venting because he had just given me one of those stupid missions as a daily which I was being very careful on, I got the target far enough from his dudes to kill, but they all ran in after he fell down, and of course ran right into the MS balls before they faded and instantly died. Even if I had managed that, I would have still had to somehow kill all the minions but one.

Try taking AC out next time?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
it makes me wonder if somewhere on GGG is keeping track of success rate for master missions, where all the others are like 90%+ and vorici alone is hovering around not close to that%

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vorici might have a few annoying missions but hes far less annoying than most other masters. Haku/catarina/vagan/tora/elreon are almost always tedious as gently caress. Especially the timed elreon missions.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

Hey it only took 3 links out of it

Let's try that again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vaaling those hurts me physically.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The master missions could really do with a work over. Vorici's missions are maybe more interesting than the other masters', but they still don't exactly captivate me.

I mostly play SSF casually, and in every league Vorici annoyingly gatekeeps a bunch of extremely useful master crafts. I know that with my playing pace, I'm not going to see a good 5 link, unless I deal with his bullshit daily.

I'd personally like to see the missions become more like the labyrinth. Have each mission gain 1 master level, gated only by whether you can do it or not. Maybe give only 1 attempt per day, if the 'daily' aspect is important for player retention or whatever.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i was under the impression that the statistics supported spending the fusings yourself (with the obvious caveat that if you're not lucky it will end up taking more). if not, i guess i've just had superhuman luck with five-links so far this league

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

5l's shouldn't be that hard to get, unless you're literally playing an hour a week and barely touch maps by the end of a league

I mean hell, there's a pretty ok chance that you can buy a 5l from a vendor day1 on the league before you hit maps if you start checking them regularly as you level up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

i was under the impression that the statistics supported spending the fusings yourself (with the obvious caveat that if you're not lucky it will end up taking more). if not, i guess i've just had superhuman luck with five-links so far this league

you are correct. you should really only use him if you have some crazy rear end rare and don't like to gamble. Otherwise self fuse or buy the unique already 6linked.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Five linking is fine to do without vorici but if you're SSF you probably shouldn't try to manually 6L

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

euphronius posted:

I'm shocked.

For whoever was asking about hipster CWDT setups I have some recommendations. Arctic Breath with GMP can let you put Hypothermia in your attack link, and a Vengeance with Maim and CoH worked well on my Cyclone character.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

euphronius posted:

i keep meaning to log in and vaal a bunch of my stuff (6l starforge, 6l inpulsas, 2 socket tombfist, few other things) since i'm more or less done with the league, but :effort:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is terminus est flicker strike still as fun and headache inducing as I remember?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is terminus est flicker strike still as fun and headache inducing as I remember?

Don't see why it wouldn't be

IIRC the new hotness for flicker is nonslayer weebsword + red trail + golden rule

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

i keep meaning to log in and vaal a bunch of my stuff (6l starforge, 6l inpulsas, 2 socket tombfist, few other things) since i'm more or less done with the league, but :effort:

Any indication on when the next league starts?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Terminus Flicker might even be able to get away with not using Abyssus thanks to Abyss jewels.

Which is a verbal connection I only just made.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Mo_Steel posted:

Any indication on when the next league starts?

End of March/early April most likely.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Ciaphas posted:

Don't see why it wouldn't be

IIRC the new hotness for flicker is nonslayer weebsword + red trail + golden rule

That seems like a very good way to rack up a ton of deaths compared to slayer + blood rage + green dream.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Eminai posted:

That seems like a very good way to rack up a ton of deaths compared to slayer + blood rage + green dream.

No doubt, but I think green dream is still multiple ex, right

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

No doubt, but I think green dream is still multiple ex, right

40c

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh well then yeah do that instead of red trail and golden rule :v:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vagan's super quick unless you get dummies. Tora's fine if you get her at the start of the map and a PITA otherwise. Elreon can gently caress right off, I only talk to him if I can see multiple relics.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

Vagan's super quick unless you get dummies. Tora's fine if you get her at the start of the map and a PITA otherwise. Elreon can gently caress right off, I only talk to him if I can see multiple relics.

Every time I hear "TALA MOANA WARRIOR", I cringe a little. Then proceed to do the loving mission because Haku is such a bro.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

euphronius posted:

A rare unbricked vaal result

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfk3-0Ds15c

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so now its more like dying embers ground than burning ground but its not bad

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this the thread where we dance with death

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Awesome, now I can stop wasting chaos re-rolling burning ground maps.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Elentor posted:

Is this the thread where we dance with death

standard doesn't count

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Despair posted:

standard doesn't count

Alright then, this the best I can do in Abyss.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 23, 2018

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i win, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vaaling a headhunter... My God