Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TaurusOxford posted:

How is he so incompetent at shaving? Does his house not have any mirrors?

Considering his OCD it was probably unnoticable to anyone else and he went scorched earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He was also talking about getting better equipment for his streams, like picking up the mic equipment that they don't use in the office and asking for a better webcam. Soon we'll have Egg Boivin in Full HD.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Podcast is finally out (soundcloud is still running behind)

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat doesnt do barbers because he thinks they might slit his throat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

havenwaters posted:

Eggboiven.

edit: also yeah it's a chewie and fuckface neither of them got much sleep podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVdscRka3F8

I don't know why, but seeing him with Some hair on a different angle breaks my head.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Depths posted:

Pat doesnt do barbers because he thinks they might slit his throat

or spit in his hair because he doesn't want to talk to them.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Pat shaved his beard, Woolie didn’t sleep and Matt is on the first of what are undoubtedly going to be his many, many, many vacations again. The decay of western society continues unabated.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Truly, Liam was our Aëtius.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It’s me, Captain of the USS LiamSucked. Come aboard my fine ship.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Not before this RE4 LP finishes.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Nilbop posted:

Pat shaved his beard, Woolie didn’t sleep and Matt is on the first of what are undoubtedly going to be his many, many, many vacations again. The decay of western society continues unabated.

At least we're blessed by the constant that is Pat

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

chewie+fuckface podcasts are better than the normal three man ones.

they remind me of the old bombcasts where ryan was out and jeff was hosting.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's interesting how well Pat works in different formats, podcasts work because he just talks with Woolie, juvenile/horror/bad game LPs work with Matt because of how much juice they get out of dumb bullshit, and livestreams with cameras work because him and Paige's domestic life and visual language is loving hilarious. Three sides of Pat that are all entertaining and get constant output.

Now I hope Japan stops being a frozen death kingdom long enough for Paige to return and those two to do another stream. :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matt and Pat in a bad but not terrible game is the peak. Because then they start getting onto weird Seinfeldian bullshit conversation tangents.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat is fueled by having the worst pre-SBF life by a mile. That's why he's the quickest to backdown and apologize because he knows what real hell is life.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Matt and Pat in a bad but not terrible game is the peak. Because then they start getting onto weird Seinfeldian bullshit conversation tangents.

Quan Chi: Jedi Master is one of my favorite MatPat moments.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
goddamnit woolie with that pronunciation of Nergigante

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Pat is just the most naturally entertaining/charismatic person of the three, nothing against Matt and Woolie

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Mandrel posted:

Pat is just the most naturally entertaining/charismatic person of the three, nothing against Matt and Woolie

It's because he has suffered true hell and so literally everything else in his life is that much better.

Matt and Woolie got to have the comfy mind-numbing jobs of game-testing, and never had to interact with the idiotic hivemind that is "The Customer".

Edit: VV While I have never actually done game-testing, I can only assume it is slightly less soul-crushing than retail. Still, I have heard it is excruciatingly repetitive work.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 24, 2018

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

It's because he has suffered true hell and so literally everything else in his life is that much better.

Matt and Woolie got to have the comfy mind-numbing jobs of game-testing, and never had to interact with the idiotic hivemind that is "The Customer".

If you think game testing is a "comfy" job then lol.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pat's good with other people and is extremely lucky that his girlfriend is another him but the streams he does on his own are pretty dull. They all need each other and it's why I wish they'd put more effort into doing things together instead of side-content.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

"I'm sicking of talking in this game"

tries talking to all the generic npcs

Woolie...goddamnit just do the thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think Pat being the best husbando is greatly due to, as people have pointed out, the fact that he lived retail hell for years, after Almost getting a degree in psychology. That, however, compliments the fact that he's basically the insufferable jerk sitcom character. He's just Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, but written well. The usual jerk with a heart of gold, but the heart of gold does affect his usual behavior in order to back down when he's going crazy or has said something bad, while keeping his crazy inane ramblings going. Like going crazy over Paige and Fuggins saying that everyone won that MK8 race, but also feeling guilt over pushing MN9 to their viewers and having it turn out to be a scam.

Anyway, that's why Pat should get the Lucha Underground title. Zero Miedo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

"I'm sicking of talking in this game"

tries talking to all the generic npcs

Woolie...goddamnit just do the thing.

He picked a bad loving game to play if he's sick of talking!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

plague "this ain't a DBZ channel" gripes might lose his channel because of the dbz videos

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

He picked a bad loving game to play if he's sick of talking!

Pat's exact words

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tae posted:

plague "this ain't a DBZ channel" gripes might lose his channel because of the dbz videos
I think I've been screaming for 9 years straight now on how much of a oval office Toei is. While this doesn't surprise me, I hope Plague can backup his videos and migrate to twitch/make a website.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pat's good with other people and is extremely lucky that his girlfriend is another him but the streams he does on his own are pretty dull. They all need each other and it's why I wish they'd put more effort into doing things together instead of side-content.

well yeah, but IMO there’s not a streamer, podcaster, etc on planet earth who is entertaining on their own. there’s nothing fun about listening to somebody babble on to themselves in an empty room

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Mandrel posted:

well yeah, but IMO there’s not a streamer, podcaster, etc on planet earth who is entertaining on their own. there’s nothing fun about listening to somebody babble on to themselves in an empty room

hehe xd

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

:thumbsup:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

He should just make a seperate channel for the DB stuff so that if Toei nukes it, he won't lose everything else. Plus, isn't there a way to appeal strikes and get them removed?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The automated system probably picked up the footage he was using from Super and killed the video. If he appeals the strike referring to the video as a commentary on Dragon Ball he can most likely get it put back up. Alternatively, he should probably stop using Super footage if he's gonna keep making these videos because they will keep getting hit because of them.

On another note, I watched some of his vids the other day on the subjects and his Tien vid was pretty great but I zoned out very hard on the power levels and universe 6 saiyans one. It's just really hard to care about his DB ramblings.

Grouchio posted:

I think I've been screaming for 9 years straight now on how much of a oval office Toei is. While this doesn't surprise me, I hope Plague can backup his videos and migrate to twitch/make a website.

You are not unique on hating Toei and this is absolutely not the thing that makes them shitlords.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I, for one, am glad Toei is punishing Plague for his abysmal fun hating opinions.

Now if they can just get all the Power Level obsessed Tien fans....

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 24, 2018

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

If you think game testing is a "comfy" job then lol.

Game testing sure isn't "lol video games" all day, but it's almost certainly more comfy then standing on your feet for 8 hours constantly dealing with customers.

That said, Matt's story about getting jerked around on his testing of WET is basically the tech support / office version of retail horror stories. It kinda made my blood boil.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pre Monhun World Woolie: *Tunes out of any Monhun conversation*

Post Monhun World Woolie: "This new live action movie is gonna ruin the franchise"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Meanwhile Pat is all like "a Monster Hunter game set in New York would be loving rad!"

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
ive got a silver switch axe and a steel switch axe, theyre both for monsters

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I, for one, am glad Toei is punishing Plague for his abysmal fun hating opinions.

Now if they can just get all the Power Level obsessed Tien fans....

I don't like Plague's DB videos either, but wishing them gone via Youtube's incredibly broken copyright strike system is really, really, petty.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mandrel posted:

Much of Giant Bomb has mastered it at various times. Jeff is a master at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Congrats to Pat for being down 17 pounds and Woolie 30 pounds. Big buff men indeed.