Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No they can't do Ysera, too many people want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It's Zenyatta with his new skin.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Craptacular! posted:

Even though they've already killed Ysera in wow's main timeline, it's pretty hard to not look at that GIF and not think of the Emerald Dream.

True, but that looks awfully crystalline.

The teaser that I was talking about, for what it's worth.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Its a Crystal Stitches skin.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My prediction: We're seeing a Demon Hunter's POV just like their starting zone inside the Vault of the Wardens. This is the waking up part. Next is gonna be like, the crystal cracking and then the third is going to be the crystal shattering and Maiev is gonna be standing there

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's mei peeking out of her ice block in her gem-only release skin "Meiev".

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

No Wave posted:

It's mei peeking out of her ice block in her gem-only release skin "Meiev".

The sad thing is, I'd buy it, too. :v:

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

remember posted:

What do you change? The only changes I make is totem area at 1 and bloodlust at 10 if my team is a heavy aa comp.

I go wolf run at 1, healing totem at 4, cleanse at 7, anscestral at 10, shield on w at 13, earthbind totem at 16 and storm shield at 20.

When I look at it overall I guess there's not a huge disparity, but it just feels like the 1 and 4 choices are massive.

For me, 1 is between Wolf Run and Colossal Totem...if I feel like it's not going to be a good Totem game then I'll go Wolf Run.

4 is between Spiritwalkers Grace, Healing Totem and Feral Heart...If you go Q here you want to go Tidal Waves at 13. Some games aren't good Heal Totem games so you have to figure that out early. Feral Heart is never an awful choice, but it doesn't directly help you heal, do damage or CC so you have to make sure you're getting something out of the regen.

After that I agree with you...7 Cleanse, 10 Ancestral, 13 Earth Shield (or Tidal if you went Spiritwalkers) 16 Earthgrasp, and 20 Storm Shields

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
A crystal is a *Rock*.

Clearly we're getting The Car from Rock 'n Roll Racing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's a Rupee and we're getting Link from Breath of the Wild.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kurieg posted:

It's a Rupee and we're getting Link from Breath of the Wild.

Trait: Your weapon will break after using four attacks and you can't attack anymore. You then have to get a weapon drop off of an enemy player who dies or you have to hearth back to spawn to get a new one. Finish your quest to increase the attack limit to five!

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
if you scroll down the Twitter comments someone posts a picture of Maiev with the exact same crystal next to her. Could be a shop, I guess.

Related question: Did all of Maiev's storyline come from wow? I can't remember much about her other than being a warden.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Duderclese posted:

Related question: Did all of Maiev's storyline come from wow? I can't remember much about her other than being a warden.

Most of it is War3, actually; she only really got more fleshing out in the most recent expansion, what with demon hunters and Illidan being in the fore.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Duderclese posted:

if you scroll down the Twitter comments someone posts a picture of Maiev with the exact same crystal next to her. Could be a shop, I guess.

Nah, she was in Warcraft 3. She's pissed at Tyrandre for slaughtering all the wardens and letting Illidan loose, so in TFT She left Tyrandre for dead in order to properly motivate Malfurion into killing Illidan. She's in the Wolfheart Novel too, where she orchestrates a Coup against Tyrandre and Malfurion and tries to assassinate the both of them while installing her brother as leader. Somehow everyone conveniently forgot about this when she showed up in Legion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://twitter.com/Vipers_World/status/955868255129948166

yeah it's deffos maiev

Kurieg posted:

Nah, she was in Warcraft 3. She's pissed at Tyrandre for slaughtering all the wardens and letting Illidan loose, so in TFT She left Tyrandre for dead in order to properly motivate Malfurion into killing Illidan. She's in the Wolfheart Novel too, where she orchestrates a Coup against Tyrandre and Malfurion and tries to assassinate the both of them while installing her brother as leader. Somehow everyone conveniently forgot about this when she showed up in Legion.

Everyone secretly wanted her to succeed. :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Kurieg posted:

Hasn't Blizzard consistently cherrypicked what counts and what doesn't when it comes to non-game storylines?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It was pretty messed up for Tyrande to slaughter a bunch of other night elves just doing their job (it's dramatically worse than murder as we know it because night elves were immortal at the time). That always felt like it was taken a little lightly in WC3... actually I disliked Tyrande a whole lot back then.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 23, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

Hasn't Blizzard consistently cherrypicked what counts and what doesn't when it comes to non-game storylines?

When you rescue her in Val'sharah she talks about the whole thing with her brother. So it happened I guess. They just don't give the alliance a chance to go "Hi there yeah now that the world is safe we're taking you into prison you insane monster."

No Wave posted:

It was pretty messed up for Tyrande to slaughter a bunch of other night elves just doing their job (it's dramatically worse than murder as we know it because night elves were immortal at the time). That always felt like it was taken a little lightly in WC3... actually I disliked Tyrande a whole lot back then.

Maive and Tyrandre were in a race to the bottom to be the games worst person along with Garithos.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

No Wave posted:

It was right after the night elves lost their immortality at Hyjal so it's even more hosed up imo.

:goonsay:

Her wc3 kit was a single target ranged damage+dot, blink, aoe damage, and her ult was Vengeance which creates a pissed off shadow that further raised a ghost army from corpses.

With her wow stuff I expect some kind of stasis ult.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It was right before (happens during wc3 campaign, immortality ends at end of wc3 campaign). Immortality meant not aging or getting sick I think.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

thuly posted:

Yeah, my initial spitball ideas for ults were basically Offensive Crystal Aegis (stasis an enemy hero for 2s, then slow them for a little bit afterwards) or some sort of glaivestorm like the Sisters of the Moon fight (basically think the evil lovechild of Scatter Arrow and Dragonstrike).

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

At one point in legion you see her without her armor and it's super weird

https://twitter.com/OW_Pachimari/status/955862992893239297

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

No Wave posted:

It was right before (happens during wc3 campaign, immortality ends at end of wc3 campaign). Immortality meant not aging or getting sick I think.

Does the Sentinels campaign from Frozen Throne happen before the battle of Hyjal from base wc3? This is very disturbing.

My sense is that her trait will be blink with level 1 talents for temp stealth/damage/defense on use, and a basic root/slow. Her shtick is hunting people down so maybe some kind of target marking mechanic.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Remember when they showed Diablo's footprints on Hanamura and it was to tease D.Va.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jeez dude. When does Tyrande kill the wardens to free Illidan from his 10,000 year imprisonment (it happens in the first game that has illidan in it, wc3). How many more goonsays must I make?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Of note is that Mal Ganis in WC3 is colored green, and demon magic in WC is green anyway. The leak specified Mal Ganis, so I am just going to assume its right until it is wrong. I could see Maeiv dropping and Mal Ganis following up soon after though.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
For some reason every single warden and warden-affiliated npc in Legion has a knockback kick, so it'll probably be a (still) baffling part of maiev's kit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I just got Jimmy Raynor in a loot box.

I had no idea you could even get Raynor in a loot box. Don't all players start with Raynor for free?

He was only worth 20 shards.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Of note is that Mal Ganis in WC3 is colored green, and demon magic in WC is green anyway. The leak specified Mal Ganis, so I am just going to assume its right until it is wrong. I could see Maeiv dropping and Mal Ganis following up soon after though.

I mean the previous leak also mentioned Blaze somewhere in the middle but we didn't end up getting him until after everyone else, including Hanzo who was a late addition to the leaks. Mal'ganis feels like such a boring choice though if you're gonna go for a dreadlord so I hope that leak ends up being wrong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This was a second leak that has only "predicted" Blaze so far. I am surprised it has gained this much traction.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

thuly posted:

It was right after the night elves lost their immortality at Hyjal so it's even more hosed up imo.

Her wc3 kit was a single target ranged damage+dot, blink, aoe damage, and her ult was Vengeance which creates a pissed off shadow that further raised a ghost army from corpses.

Her basic skills in WC3 are already identical to Zeratul's. An additional Stasis ult would be pretty funny. I assume her abilities will be completely difference since there is already a character that has all of her skills.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Macaluso posted:

I mean the previous leak also mentioned Blaze somewhere in the middle but we didn't end up getting him until after everyone else, including Hanzo who was a late addition to the leaks. Mal'ganis feels like such a boring choice though if you're gonna go for a dreadlord so I hope that leak ends up being wrong.

Why is Malganis worse than any other of them? he is the first you meet so most people will remember him, maybe varimathras would be just as good, but not better.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

beejay posted:

Remember when they showed Diablo's footprints on Hanamura and it was to tease D.Va.

Blizzard was pretty explicit in saying that was a teaser for their new cinematic reveal, not about a new hero. Reddit was just being reddit (i.e., dumb as gently caress) and went crazy about it being a clue to the new hero despite what Blizzard said.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's Johnny Raynor

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

why isn't blaze 10k yet
why must my fire boi be held out of my reach

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

skipThings posted:

Why is Malganis worse than any other of them? he is the first you meet so most people will remember him, maybe varimathras would be just as good, but not better.
I'd probably go with Tichondrius, because he is (er, was) the leader of the (Legion's) dreadlords.

Comedy option: Lord Hel'Nurath and his horsies.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Miaev if you play a Demon Hunter in WoW the beginning scenario has you placed in a crystal but she comes along and breaks you out and that is exactly what it looks like with you looking out

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Technically this tweet says nothing at all, it's just a gif with zero context. Maybe they just thought it looked neat.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

biznatchio posted:

Blizzard was pretty explicit in saying that was a teaser for their new cinematic reveal, not about a new hero. Reddit was just being reddit (i.e., dumb as gently caress) and went crazy about it being a clue to the new hero despite what Blizzard said.

Also if you go to the page linked in that tweet http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/ it says
"a brand new cinematic, which will reveal the next Hero coming to the Nexus!"

Not that I don't agree that the internet is dumb about things, my point is basically exactly that - people are declaring this means Maiev with certainty from a tiny glimpse and teasers have been misleading in the past. It's fun to speculate but being like "heh. it's Maiev so obvious :smugdog:" is annoying.

beejay fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Look I really want it to be her because I'm sure the voice actress smokes 20 packs a day to get that voice and we need more grumpy and angry women in games.