Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm not sure if this means anything. Can a spirit in a tool usually exert any control over its holder like this?

There might be a precedent, if you recall Max's possessed speech to Doorman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I don't remember the page, but I'm pretty sure the "conspiracy" Max's dad put up that predicted the cultists stated that they were all local business men. I wonder if Max's dad is gonna become a cultist later.

I went back to check this after you said it, and it's not on this page, at least, they're just "local death cultists". Also the next page is great. Poor Isaac.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I think Lucifer shoved Hijack off Splendid so Splendid was able to defend against the lightning. As for what he's doing, he was able to pull the light out of Forge's fire to stop it from hurting, so it seems like he probably did that to the lightning.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

splendid?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Local business owner does seem like he themed his whole getup on having black spectral energy.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-1-page-64

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm doing a bit of archive-reading from that point, Dmitri is doing something funky with his hand when the Activity Club comes up in Panel 4 here: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-1-page-68

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
New strip is up.

Nice to see Hijack not wasting an opportunity to completely own Isaac.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
That or let him know he didn't actually accidently kill Spender.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
A fine burn, Hijack. Now I see why Zarei trusts someone so young--he's willing to go the extra mile to complete his objectives.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im p sure isaac feels nothing but relief here

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Karanas posted:

Tollymain posted:

im p sure isaac feels nothing but relief here
Yeah I think that's what's going on here. There's a fakeout where we think hijack is going all murderous and Isaac is looking all menacing, then the smoke clears and we see Isaac is actually terrified he's just murdered Spender and Hijack is letting him know he's alright.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Karanas posted:

I'm pretty sure it's that. I don't know how hijack would have picked up on what happened with Isaac though. Maybe he heard him say "just a little"? Or could just tell that was overkill.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think it's just that Hijack is actually a pretty understanding and empathetic individual (Hitball notwithstanding). He already felt bad about breaking Max's arm, he knows that Isaac would feel similarly bad (probably worse) if he thought he had accidentally killed Spender. So he made sure to reassure Isaac.

Really, they should just have Hijack possess Spender full-time, he's a much better person.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Not to mention Hijack has so far done his best to be a good role model and supportive teacher to the kids. More so than Spender ever has. I think he legitimately cares, just on principle.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heck, his empathy is part of why he was such a dick in Hitball; he saw what Johnny and co. did to Jeff and was pissed. He's emotional, naive, and really hates bullies, but wants to do the right thing and help people and stuff. (Also, he's, you know, three. He's more of a kid than the kids, really.)

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Truly, Hijack is the hero Mayview Middle School needs, but not the one it deserves.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like to think that Hijack was just gloating that Isaac's lightning bolt had no effect on him.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Isaac owned count: +1

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

Isaac owned count: +1

In this case, probably file under the "holy poo poo, I'm glad I got owned instead of murdering my teacher."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Premptive RIP Spender again

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nice, Zack fixed the archives after I complained about it a week or two back! I am extremely powerful.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hijack is an extremely good boy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Who'd have thought by the end of the arc we'd be cheering for Hijack to escape?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Haha, end of the arc

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
We're still a year out from this arc ending

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tenebrais posted:

Who'd have thought by the end of the first quarter of this arc we'd be cheering for Hijack to escape?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
This would be a great page to end this chapter on

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's amazing how Hijack already has a much better grasp of the kids' issues than Spender himself seems to.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When chapter 5 ends, in twenty years, I want there to be a curtain closing and the words Act 1 to fade in.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

RareAcumen posted:

When chapter 5 ends, in twenty years, I want there to be a curtain closing and the words Act 1 to fade in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbT6BjFvcA

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RareAcumen posted:

"End of Prologue"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhonne posted:

"End of Prologue"

Paranatural: A webcomic by Hideo Kojima.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Paranatural: A webcomic by Hideo Kojima.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Jesus christ I forgot about that gif, I'm dying laughing

Still 100% perfect :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Cryophage is a treasure

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It took until this page for me to realize that Ed's spirit is basically just Star Platinum but monkey.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Yes, Arts Platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lucifer is definitely my favorite of the protag spirits so far. I sorta hope we learn more about scrap dragon because he's really boring right now, just "never engage this thing under any circumstances". Obviously that's not the whole story - Max's conversation with Boss Leader shows that Zack intends to tackle that issue eventually - but it's all we have so far.