Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Some of the ex-Draft Breakdown folks are working with some draft twitter folks, and they put together this database with information and youtube links for prospects.

This is the straight-to-the-veins poo poo for draft nerds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit#gid=1883645624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

I mean it's the senior bowl so he's most likely right

Edit - just realized that baker Mayfield is also at the senior bowl

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 23, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I mean it's the senior bowl so he's most likely right

Edit - just realized that baker Mayfield is also at the senior bowl

I'd also go for Mason Rudolph over Allen without bothering to think about it after glancing at the Senior Bowl QBs.

Then again I might draft Tanner Lee over Allen so this isn't much of an endorsement.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mason Rudolphs actually got a shot to go high this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if some team reached for him in the mid first right now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

I'd also go for Mason Rudolph over Allen without bothering to think about it after glancing at the Senior Bowl QBs.

Then again I might draft Tanner Lee over Allen so this isn't much of an endorsement.

nah, Tanner Lee is really bad

So is Allen, but Lee is really bad

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Let’s obsess over hand sizes. Also something something Mayfield can’t even show up on time.

https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/955788386232602624

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This are going as expected.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/955925638682161153
https://twitter.com/DraftAnalyst1/status/955925501809512448

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It feels like most years there's some guy with the body and arm but no skill that is treated like the defacto #1 until the senior bowl / practices / combine happens, and by then they've dropped precipitously. I wonder if it's because he's the guy that has the body, but every scout that leaks info knows their team doesn't actually want, so he's the guy everyone talks up to the draftniks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Are we sure Josh Allen isn't just Christian Hackenberg?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Kirios posted:

Are we sure Josh Allen isn't just Christian Hackenberg?

Nah, Allen can be fixed.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Weak. He's going undrafted, isn't he?

https://twitter.com/MockingTheDraft/status/955906321215303680

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

There would have to be a lot of really dumb teams to let him go undrafted

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Glumslinger posted:

There would have to be a lot of really dumb teams to let him go undrafted

Let me tell you about an organization they called the En Eff El...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They had to, their software doesn't allow you to enter a 0 for hand size.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Browns put up a small interview with him on youtube. Seems like a decent guy who is going to have his career destroyed by Hue Jackson.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Shaquem Griffin wasn't invited to a combine and I think that sucks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Can't Do Bench With Only One Hand

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Kalli posted:

It feels like most years there's some guy with the body and arm but no skill that is treated like the defacto #1 until the senior bowl / practices / combine happens, and by then they've dropped precipitously. I wonder if it's because he's the guy that has the body, but every scout that leaks info knows their team doesn't actually want, so he's the guy everyone talks up to the draftniks.

I think scouts in general are guys that love watching football and really want to like guys so early on in the process they focus more on finding a wide net of “if this guy puts it together he could be a superstar” types. As the draft gets closer and they have to make more serious recommendations then they start looking more critically and thinking “yeah, maybe he’s not going to learn” to narrow the list down.

Also, I wonder if the raw QBs also start dropping now as the season ends because coaches get more time to really look at guys start weighing in on which guys they think they can coach up and which they don’t think they can help.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/NFLDraft/status/955950522485354497

DO WANT

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Goddamn.

Penny still rules.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Demand for 1 handed pass rushers is about to go through the roof next year.

https://twitter.com/JC1053/status/955977837311352832

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Goddamn.

Penny still rules.

I'd be extremely happy if the Raiders draft him 2/3. I know you wouldn't be.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

I'd be extremely happy if the Raiders draft him 2/3. I know you wouldn't be.

I'd buy his jersey anyway and it'll hang next to my Ronnie Hillman Broncos jersey.

I think the 2nd is a bit early for him but 3rd or 4th sounds right

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Griffin is such an intriguing player.

Am I wrong in thinking he’s a first round pick if he has two hands?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

Griffin is such an intriguing player.

Am I wrong in thinking he’s a first round pick if he has two hands?

Ya you're wrong. He's good but he's not that good.

God drat what a stick. He was chip blocked on that play too.

Kalli posted:

It happens every year because scouts love huge bodied QBs with good statlines. Draftniks especially since they're not actually doing any work early on the season besides sorting by height and weight when looking at stat leaders. It's beaten to death but Ryan Leaf really was the poster boy for red flags in big QBs. It's like if Bryce Petty came out of college back in 2000 he'd be a #1 draft pick.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/955999026905800709

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/956018663307513856

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/956016099396587523

Yes yes my beautiful boy come to Cleveland.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please don't draft baker Cleveland tia

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He said it's not small but my hand is like 8.8 and I'm only 5"9.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

He said it's not small but my hand is like 8.8 and I'm only 5"9.

9 1/2 and up is considered pretty good I think?

It's just another thing though obviously, Logan Thomas's hands are gargantuan at almost 11 inches but he can't play the position. Or if you want an actual quarterback Nick Foles has monster hands. Tony Romo was about your size. Mike Vick had little hands by NFL standards too.

Alex Tiny Hands Smith actually measures 9 3/8ths, which is fine in reality.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Since when did we start measuring height by 6003? What the hell does that even mean? Is he 6’0.03”?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Alaois posted:

Can't Do Bench With Only One Hand

I know this is a joke post but he actually has a custom hand attachment that allows him to bench normally.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Slowpoke! posted:

Since when did we start measuring height by 6003? What the hell does that even mean? Is he 6’0.03”?

6 feet and 3/10 inches

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Or maybe 6' 3/8'', I thought they measured in eighths.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Eighths or tenths...regardless it’s negligible.

5114 = Five feet eleven and 4/8 inches
6045 = 6 foot four and 5/8 inches

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

He's actually 6003 inches tall, which is pretty wild imo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

kidcoelacanth posted:

He's actually 6003 inches tall, which is pretty wild imo

In awe at the size of this lad. Absolute unit.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At 6003 inches tall I'd like to see a hand size bigger than 9.5 inches. I don't think a t-rex can play quarterback in the nfl

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What is his bubble measurement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think hand size is one of the measurement things you can actually game with stretching and traditional chinese orthopedics

• Locked thread