Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Maybe disco took bens job :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Legal posted:

I, personally, own a cutless black and a super hornet.

I hope you were Kyle or Chaplain on the RSI forums.

But don't say.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

there is no point to Star Citizen ergo

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

It's D2W (donate 2 win), completely different here. ALSO gently caress YOU BLIZZARD AND YOUR P2W ESPORTS GAMES!!!!! *buys another $1000 ship*

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Blue On Blue posted:

I think it says more about the state of the project than the person when the former community manager is calling himself a developer

I would assume like most professionals, developers take themselves pretty seriously , and don't enjoy having someone latch onto the term willy nilly *cough* lesnick

So if everyone is letting him publicly run with it all that means is no one is left that gives a poo poo , Hey I'm the new CEO of cloud imperium games ok whatever you want Steve... Chris is on vacation in Monaco anyways

Community manager to dev. It's Star Citizen. So it makes perfect sense if you ask me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Blue On Blue posted:

Maybe disco took bens job :ohdear:

Ben's role (insiders say he's no longer on the project, but is in some weird limbo state) is a mystery, and so far, nobody seems to give enough shits to actually ask.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Ben's role (insiders say he's no longer on the project, but is in some weird limbo state) is a mystery, and so far, nobody seems to give enough shits to actually ask.

Ben is to big to remove from the project. They cant even fet his out of the office.

Ben fat. Ben fatter than was before.

So am i but im not ben fat.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
For those Goons who are considering getting the excellent Stellaris (a space game that works), it's available for $12+ as part of the Paradox Humble Bundle, with other goodies too:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_8j5lGcvKE

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m a developer.

#metoo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
If only he'd started in QA, he'd be a lead dev today.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hey disco err umm errr put on this spare wig of mine and this black turtleneck

Good good err now remember just keep nodding and flap your hands around like we ummm practiced

Before you know it um you'll have 3 meals a day for FREE !

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ben is the explicit inspiration of 50% of my posts and the implicit for the 50 others. My only thin hope is that he dies later than this thread.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Titanic posted:

If I recall correctly I actually believe she didn’t even remember the name of her thesis paper she definitely wrote, and only thought it was “International Marketing”.

The astronomical level of “I’m bullshitting you guys and I don’t even really know what a thesis is please don’t ask me more questions about it” pretty much caused the measurement needle to fly off the machine.

Yeah, she didn’t recall the complete title. If she ever has another interview discussing her sterling educational credentials she really needs to commit some thesis title to memory: “The impact of Chinese economic reforms on the bilateral textile trade with Australia” or something similarly ponderous. Her full response did not prove convincing.

it’s funny — there are several older interviews (Sunny’s Diner especially) where Sandi says something unbelievable and probably false, then the interviewer does the amazed double take and asks “Wait are you telling me you have two masters degrees? And your a model who played Doom 18 hours a day all through college?!”

And every time this phenom happens, there’s always a long beat and then Sandi says “Correct.” It’s like her “This is bull crap” tell.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Quavers posted:

For those Goons who are considering getting the excellent Stellaris (a space game that works), it's available for $12+ as part of the Paradox Humble Bundle, with other goodies too:

I just paid full price for Pillars of Eternity a few weeks ago. :negative:

But I will be taking advantage of Stellaris for $12. :riker:

And CK2 for $7 is a great deal. You can't afford to not buy it! :homebrew:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It sickens me that someone would pay less than $12,000 for a space game let alone one that was $12.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Tonight i went to see Greg Davies the comedian on stage,he was loving hilarious,one of the best nights of my life.Tickets were £18 and a meal i had earlier with another person came to £50.00 ish.

Star citizen is bad and i haven't spent a penny on it,i am whole.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So discolando went from backer to community manager to developer. whoo, baby!

Also the art team is doing DBZ fanart now, apparently.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

I can't imagine the absurdity of the questions by both sides of lawyers for selection if you get called into the box.

Lawyer: "How do you feel about jpegs?"

75 year old dude: "jpeg what?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvKTOHVGNbg

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

grimcreaper posted:

Ben is to big to remove from the project. They cant even fet his out of the office.

Ben fat. Ben fatter than was before.

So am i but im not ben fat.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Now ask him if he feels MWO is pay to win.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 24, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

Gimmick displeases Ming

:lol:

For the kill. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr Fronts posted:

After getting selected for the jury, ensure your fake Star Citizen tattoos are prominently displayed.

And refer to "space court" as often as possible.

TheAgent: “There’s not enough space in this courtroom!”

Judge: “Is there... another problem juror number 4?”

TheAgent: “These chairs... so close together I don’t feel like we have space..”

Judge: “Mmhmmm... two, can you please switch with four to give him more room?”

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Not surprised really. CR doesn’t believe it takes good developers to do anything really. It’s all about the ideas.

Nobody has ideas like he has. loving nobody.

Programming can just be done by kids. High school kids, still in college guys, probably street hobos who can barely use a computer. They just need to layer of the code on top of these ideas.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zzr posted:

I'd like to see a picture of your balls to verify your assertion.

This is basically the official Star Citizen Thread “fingerprint”.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

And once you've layered in the code you can layer in the fedelity

simple

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

Disco Lando, developer.

He’s probably finally realized from this thread that the developers coming out of SC will probably be mostly welcomed by other real companies.

The community managers? loving slayed alive with pictures of people whom have died from cancer where the community has gone on an attack over nothing. Reams of spiral bound folders stuffed with evidence where the community was lied to, mislead, or plain old shut down. Reminders of where women who complained about being sexually harassed were shunned away because it was done by a high paying backer.

No, Jared, friend. You’re pretty much never going to work in “Community Management” ever again after the last breath of Star Citizen shudders from its bloated corpse. Your out of control, toxic community that you treat like an abused child whom you always remind them that they are better seen and not heard, has given you a great case of career suicide.

You can’t ride the developer train to freedom, sport. :grin:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Spatial posted:

simple

The only thing this fiasco of a game is lawyering-on lawsuits.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lladre posted:

Wow that video....
(well the 30 seconds I watched of it anyways)

It’s your loss, Lladre.

That’s a true classic from the Golden Age of CIG LA. It saw The Master of Ships enjoying his proudest hour, as the celestial engineer took a victory lap on what many believe was his finest creation, The MISC Endeavor.

And if you’re worried it just isn’t complicated enough already, don’t worry, Ben has ”all sorts of ideas how to expand this thing.”

Lando: (pre-developer era) “On the week’s ATV ‘Behind the Scenes’, we wanted to take a look at the Endeavor science pods that are said to add all kinds of new gameplay to Star Citizen.

Chambers talks about all the good work going in to “core systems” for Squadron 42.

It was a magical episode from a wonderful era of unhinged nuttery leaping out of the minds of the LA brain trust and right straight into our hearts at the speed of :lol:. And we shall never see it like again.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The Titanic posted:

The community managers? loving slayed alive with pictures of people whom have died from cancer where the community has gone on an attack over nothing. Reams of spiral bound folders stuffed with evidence where the community was lied to, mislead, or plain old shut down. Reminders of where women who complained about being sexually harassed were shunned away because it was done by a high paying backer.

Hey community managers probably have a BA in sociology so they're pretty much impossible to replace.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Because who would admit to majoring in sociology.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

In my life it's 'I do a bit of design' NO YOU loving DON'T YOU JUST GOT CRACKED PHOTOSHOP :argh:

I don't understand, what do you mean I have to pay for a licence for that font? Look, just send me the files, I'll get my nephew to put it in for you, bish bash bosh job done :downs:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Now ask him if he feels MWO is pay to win.

MWO is only p2w for like 4 weeks at a time, then that mech becomes available for cbills and even the scrubs can get one.

Too bad that's when the nerf sledgehammer swings but don't worry there will be a new op mech for the next 4 weeks if you got MC

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Yeah, she didn’t recall the complete title. If she ever has another interview discussing her sterling educational credentials she really needs to commit some thesis title to memory: “The impact of Chinese economic reforms on the bilateral textile trade with Australia” or something similarly ponderous. Her full response did not prove convincing.

it’s funny — there are several older interviews (Sunny’s Diner especially) where Sandi says something unbelievable and probably false, then the interviewer does the amazed double take and asks “Wait are you telling me you have two masters degrees? And your a model who played Doom 18 hours a day all through college?!”

And every time this phenom happens, there’s always a long beat and then Sandi says “Correct.” It’s like her “This is bull crap” tell.

How did people believe it? I don’t even know.

Lying sccesfl. :pgabz:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

We put a harness on Biscuit and take her outside sometimes, because she gets super jealous when Kayak gets to go out.

But I'd be worried about just letting her go outside on her own because she's an idiot who would almost immediately get killed by something.

Posting from the past - this is the most adorable thing and I don't even like cats much but my heart is bleeding. :/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Spatial posted:

simple

*five or so years into her project with nothing but a badly functional alpha of a level of gameplay... but the graphics look great!*

I don’t see the problem here, friend.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
So what's the story behind the permabanned user clemens thing? I can't find anything on SAclopedia about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Free Clemens!