Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Montreal rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

LogicalFallacy posted:

Alright. Headed to Chicago tomorrow. Hopefully I don't die or piss off my RDCs.

Make an effort to learn your RDCs rates and address them by their rates as opposed to "Petty Officer", they will be impressed.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Montreal rules

Better stuck there than arriving in Mayport, really.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

LogicalFallacy posted:

Alright. Headed to Chicago tomorrow. Hopefully I don't die or piss off my RDCs.

Have fun. Make friends. It's kinda like a lovely summer camp.

But really, have fun while your there. The "stress" isn't real.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Make an effort to learn your RDCs rates and address them by their rates as opposed to "Petty Officer", they will be impressed.

Hahaha you're mean.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
As of 0645 this morning I'm clocking volunteer hours for my next eval, lol!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

speaking of that poo poo, anyone here besides me and orange juche ever get stationed at Atsugi?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I was in Atsugi in the carrier helo squadron. Japan would have been amazing if I hadn’t been in the military.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Anyone at the exercise on Ford Island today?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

speaking of that poo poo, anyone here besides me and orange juche ever get stationed at Atsugi?

2013 to 2016. Would recommend.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol cut loose for 5 hours.

Hell of a start.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CMD598 posted:

2013 to 2016. Would recommend.

You musta lucked out with your command.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

You musta lucked out with your command.

Didn't look too bad for the non vaq dudes either tbh. Least compared to what I've got now.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

2014-2017 HSM-77

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I've always assumed that life at places like Atsugi were just like life at neighbouring bases (ie Yoko or Sasebo--neighbouring is relative) but better.

And actually Sasebo was pretty great.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder wtf Little Rock sailors are doing for their extended port visit. Montreal isn't cheap, they didn't bank on an extended stay, families in Mayport expected them weeks ago.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

King of Bees posted:

I wonder wtf Little Rock sailors are doing for their extended port visit. Montreal isn't cheap, they didn't bank on an extended stay, families in Mayport expected them weeks ago.

Fast cruise: All Day, Every Day

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

King of Bees posted:

Drinking?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress. Imagine if they were getting per diem for this (they are not getting per diem)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

piL posted:

I've always assumed that life at places like Atsugi were just like life at neighbouring bases (ie Yoko or Sasebo--neighbouring is relative) but better.

Sasebo is pretty awesome unless you are young and single and looking to party every night and the I imagine itd get old making the trip to Fukuoka all the time. For someone married with a kid it's been one of the best places we've been.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I know a LT at LCSRON 2. I should call her tomorrow if I remember. Will report back if I remember.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m so happy I brought my PlayStation while I’m on my AT in Hawaii. I’m eating peanut butter sandwiches and banking big bucks.

Bought a 6 pack of coors light because I’m not a total weenie.

This is the most braindead AT I’ve done yet. I’m guarding a door.

Woo.

Please don’t piggyback.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m so happy I brought my PlayStation while I’m on my AT in Hawaii. I’m eating peanut butter sandwiches and banking big bucks.

Bought a 6 pack of coors light because I’m not a total weenie.

This is the most braindead AT I’ve done yet. I’m guarding a door.

Woo.

Please don’t piggyback.

Come on man, you can do better. The only time that is remotely acceptable is on the golf course or at a tailgate.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I need to stay hydrated somehow.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I would've strangled every coner one at a time for an extended port stay in montreal

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CMD598 posted:

Didn't look too bad for the non vaq dudes either tbh. Least compared to what I've got now.

Chuckle posted:

2014-2017 HSM-77

piL posted:

I did 2010-2011 at NBHC Atsugi. Maybe it was just the clinic? Wonder if blue bar and Yue's tattoo studio is still a thing? Alright cool, I'm glad others had a decent time in Japan.

All I know is gently caress you boat guys for buying all the liquor and newports; and lmao when some of you would roll into the clinic on duty. I remember a duty night when we had two guys come in with black eyes back to back. Apparently the thing to do when someone punches you in the face is to run up on them, drunkenly ask them "WHY YOU HIT ME BRO", and get knocked the gently caress out.

That's probably the tamest story I can recall from my short stint.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

piL posted:

Those places like Atsugi are kinda small and quiet and most people at least end up in Yokohama as opposed to the tiny selection of local bars.

I know more people that went to Ageha than Bar Skunk.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Also Atsugi has 600 meters of beautiful new chain link fence in various places around the perimeter :)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Also Atsugi has 600 meters of beautiful new chain link fence in various places around the perimeter :)

We all know you didn't install it, you supervised local nationals from the seat of your forklift or other motorized thing while drinking Monster energy drinks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No, he helped install a fence, but his supply PO ordered the wrong fence, so he tore down his work and the next deployment of seabees put up that fence.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah I could never get a decent port stay in Montreal.

So I moved there :smug:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah I could never get a decent port stay in Montreal.

So I moved there :smug:

How is it for an English speaking tourist? We were thinking of making a trip there sometime for the Canadian GP.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It's awesome.

Getting service in Montreal in English isn't a problem anywhere you'd want to hang out, the only thing is parking on the street (although there's apps for that now, even native speakers can't understand the loving signs) and the announcements in the metro.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I had no problems at all in Quebec as a native English speaker with elementary school child level French.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ManMythLegend posted:

I had no problems at all in Quebec as a native English speaker with elementary school child level French.

you're a dashing sea captain tho

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

shovelbum posted:

you're a dashing sea captain tho

While true, I wasn't at the time.

Fake edit. God drat, the women in Ville de Quebec were gorgeous.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

This also applies in Montreal, but only in the summer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ManMythLegend posted:

yes
quebec....oise? women are insanely beautiful

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Quebecoise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Kebekwah