Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

big time bisexual posted:

guy tests authenticity of iphone battery by biting it

https://a.pomfe.co/rvhtjf.mp4

He was lucky he didn't lose face there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lmao how the gently caress is biting a battery supposed to tell you it's authentic? It's not a loving gold doubloon.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hey, free stuff!

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

lmao how the gently caress is biting a battery supposed to tell you it's authentic? It's not a loving gold doubloon.

If it's fake it won't explode, obviously.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Grand Fromage posted:

:discourse:

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I had no idea it was published in paper format??

There are loads of copies going on the UK amazon, reviews and everything

e: he has apparently also written a conspiracy theory book about watergate

dpf fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 23, 2018

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/YXpwxIF.gifv

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Don't doxx your ex-plungees

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

how can I reverse this?

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Darkest Auer posted:

Don't doxx your ex-plungees

:nms:

https://i.imgur.com/Wdtu6VU.gifv

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Chinese electric chair looks effective.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

It's ok she was shouting "flame on" she's a super hero!

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Gaining face
Losing face
Saving face
Cooking face

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You see videos like that after enough time in this thread and you realize they were probably trying to accomplish something other than suicide. What that goal was is inscrutable though.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Bajaj posted:

Gaining face
Losing face
Saving face
Cooking face

Eating face

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
*Bite into battery to make sure it's no fake*
*Battery explodes in your mouth, spraying acid in the face of the woman next to you*
*Ears ring, mouth burns*`
*Woman screeching and rubbing her eyes, shambling away*
*Yell at her*
*Guess the battery was legit*
*Would test again*

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
so uhh.. did they survive, or was that three trillion amps going straight through their face?

(re: the electro-touchy person)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
High voltage like the stuff they run trains with does things like making your eyeballs explode or fry them and can tear off limbs and stuff, depending what you do. People also often lose nose and lips, etc. Horrible burns, etc.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
Ł

Switzerland posted:

so uhh.. did they survive, or was that three trillion amps going straight through their face?

(re: the electro-touchy person)

No.

if that gif went on about a second longer you'd see her drop with empty smoking eyesockets like a loving loony toon.

pretty sure all the water in her eyeballs and skull just flash boiled.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

is this mario kart

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Were they trying to light a cigar?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Coolguye posted:

is this mario kart

Needs a shop with banana peels and shells spilling out.

Seeing that high voltage poo poo makes me think electricians deserve their good wages.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

That's amazing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Is this in Japan?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Bip Roberts posted:

Is this in Japan?

yes; blue sky, Japanese text, left-sided traffic

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Vesi posted:

yes; blue sky, Japanese text, left-sided traffic

You forgot "driver seems to generally be aware of what is happening in front of them"

usdachoicemustache
Jul 15, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Is this in Japan?

Nagoya expressway south, so… probably.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
nagoya massachusetts

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus, is her/his face burned off?

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
she dead but she sure as hell made her point

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
The lady survives. You can see her getting down from the tower with some firefighters afterwards.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/electrocuted-woman-shoots-fire-from-her-face/80798736/

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
who can resist a free car wash?

https://my.mixtape.moe/ulrpda.mp4

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Gettin' caught up on the thread:

Atlas Hugged posted:

Reading comprehension buddy.

I saw the snake after I got out of the cab. It had nothing to do with the driver. I wouldn't have gone to the police because that'd be pointless. I'd just report the cab to the company. Illegal drivers and cabs refusing fares is a huge problem in Bangkok. He made the full fare because he was driving illegally. Like you can try to make this some angry goon expat story when it's really not. 90% of the time if a cab refuses a fare I just let it go, but the fucker made me walk through shin deep water just to get to his cab and there was nothing else coming so gently caress him. If he doesn't want to drive on the main road in Bangkok then he shouldn't be driving a cab illegally.

When I woke up feeling awful in Bangkok it took about 8 cabs before one would take me to the hospital. Turned out to be dengue fever. Ironically it was a tuk-tuk driver was helping me out going down the stand and asking.

Bajaj posted:

There was a recent "cold" spell here in Bangkok where it dropped down to like 21c/69f in the day for 2-3 days, but the temperature remained constant. The Thais have this dumb thing about the neck being covered or else you'll get sick. It was fun to see the foreigners who live here or buy into the advice to be wearing shorts and t-shirts with these towel scarf things tied tightly around their necks. They looked loving ridiculous, but they didn't want to get sick in the frosty temperatures. The Thais were wearing jackets.

Part of Thais overreaction to 'cool spells' in Bangkok is to show off that they've been/lived overseas somewhere that would require a heavy jacket.

content: I was stuck at Melbourne Airport last week and there were two little Chinese girls mashing buttons on a vending machine next to me. Their grandmother gently moved them away and told them not to (I assume, my Mandarin is pretty rusty and was marginal before anyhow), which they did. :kiddo:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

To be fair, I'd do the same. Free car wash!

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Chaoshan Girl is having her monthly, and was raging today on China's love of rice. She quit rice after her time in India, and started eating lentils instead, along with imported buckwheat Japanese/Korean soba to replace those lovely Chinese white noodles. She feels vastly better.

quote:

disgusting rice too
after dump them , i feel better .
only sugar
only fat
only poo poo
no nutrition
just makes you full for 2 hours
then you become soft like the end of the world

and they are brainwash to you , the most nutrition one is rice
all chinese eat rice , you see
it is good
from many generation
and if i dont eat rice , they said no any chinese die because of eating rice
no rice , no life
no live
stupid

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
... become soft like the end of the world?

Never thought nuclear Armageddon would be comfy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
CG might not be fluent in english but that doesn't stop her from having quite a way with words

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I nearly got shanghai'd in Shanghai. Two middle aged ladies approached me, they were great at English, very friendly, knew a little about my country. My alarm bells started ringing when they discussed how there just happened to be a sale at this woonderful tea shop nearby. I kept trying to politely shake them off because I'm cheap but they were so persistent and distracted me off my road into some alleyways, and as we walked I realised they were waaay too comfortable with English - getting people to speak English is like pullibg teeth even when they clearly understand me.

So we got to the storefront, it was a tiny alleyway door, my alarms hit "How bout that mistake over in Hawai'i level." I said "Bye!" and walked off while they protested. I felt rude, then like 10 minutes later realised I'd heard of the scam.

This is my seventh day here and I'm at two witnessed fights and one scam.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Bajaj posted:

Chaoshan Girl is having her monthly, and was raging today on China's love of rice. She quit rice after her time in India, and started eating lentils instead, along with imported buckwheat Japanese/Korean soba to replace those lovely Chinese white noodles. She feels vastly better.

Make a book of just her wechat texts and title it “Chinese poems”

champagne posting fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's literally called the Chinese Tea House Scam lol.

• Locked thread