Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Super Jump was awesome because back then running cost stamina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Also on the topic of jumping, is there something specific you do to get the twirl animation when you bullet jump?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

CODChimera posted:

Also on the topic of jumping, is there something specific you do to get the twirl animation when you bullet jump?

Run, slide by crouching, jump while holding down the crouch button to twirl.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Berke Negri posted:

the only frame id describe as bad is wukong and that's not because he can't do content (he can't die) he's just boring (upside is he is a dojoframe)

that said im sure there is someone out there that mains wukong and im happy for them

I still think he seems theoretically pretty fun with an exalted staff build and exodia hunt to trigger enemy-vacuum on every slam attack, since his exalted weapon combos are full of slams.
Unfortunately exodias are horrifically grindy to get so I will never bother trying it out.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

CODChimera posted:

That's just bullet jumping from a crouch jump.
It's the optimal way to move as far as I'm concerned.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
You can bullet jump without twirling?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

MEANWHILE, ON THE STEAM REVIEW PAGE

quote:

Hi!

First off before ranting I have to say upfront that the game is GREAT! I purchased the biggest prime package possible already on the second day to show developers my support and threw all my Platinum away within 5 days and was planning to buy more today! I also buy music in real life and almost always drop 100 - 200$ on games every month that I play just to show my appreciation.

I got banned quite recently for a week for saying "Traps aren't gay" just to understand what the community is like since it's such a popular term and always lights up the chat in every game in a funny way.

I got instantly banned and thought that this is just a 5 minutes timeout which is very understandable! I do understand if there are specific rulesets and guidelines in the community but I did not even consider for a second that it would be one of the biggest instant punishments without a warning that video games have!

I tried contacting customer support and I was given negative response twice, and got suggested to have this discussed in the forums if I wish. Once I did I got my ban EXTENDED! Whaaaaaaaat?

https://i.imgur.com/O00mnky.png
https://i.imgur.com/ZFNMQms.png

I tried contacting the moderator but he / she simply left the conversation and didn't reply.

I understand that this could be in some way a controversial topic in the game or there is some weird politics around it but I am quite well behaved player. I have been in online communities actively for 12+ years and always share positive vibes. I have never got any bans in any online game for anything, not even a chat restriction in League of Legends during 5000+ hours.

The situation is sort of unreal because upon researching it furthermore it has existed for such a long time. How does this even exist? How many people have flat out left the game because of getting the ban and never coming back? Or how many people have lost the trust because of such an unjustified slap in the face?

You can't possibly play this game without chat because of how trading / fissures / clans / co operation works in this game. This is probably one of the biggest losses of revenue that Warframe has. Or am I really missing something very obvious?

They flat out didn't even respond the me on the customer support ticket related to my ban extension. I have never ever seen anything like this.

https://i.imgur.com/0SBzMnD.png

TL;DR: Good game, insanely horrible customer support that abuses their power and bullies you when you're trying to look for help.

Thanks!

AS WELL

quote:

Actually, the community is getting steadily worse over time. There's been a significant increase in the number of people trolling in actual missions over the past couple of months.

Have fun getting team killed by void lasers and not being able to report anyone over it because the developers decided the game needed at least 3 report options for "someone hurt muh feelins" and none for ACTUAL GRIEFING.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

"I'm mad that DE banned me for being a huge shitlord even though I threw a bunch of money at them"

Is this review helpful? No.
Is this review funny? Yes, very.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I think I'm getting way more into the vibe of this game than when I last gave it a try. Figuring out that I should be crafting new weapons and switching them up all the time has made everything seem way fresher, and I find myself excited to clear planet missions now instead of counting the number of steps to the junction and groaning.

Game fun

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

"I'm mad that DE banned me for being a huge shitlord even though I threw a bunch of money at them"

Is this review helpful? No.
Is this review funny? Yes, very.

It's very helpful, it shows that the GMs are doing their jobs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Indecisive posted:

well good thing I'm not gonna be playing much the next 3 days, 72 hours time to build a warframe :eyepop:

I'm still gathering bricks for Nezha. :mad:

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Oh yes! Fukken plague kripath riven. Get in!

My kripath polearm is my go to melee weapon so, gently caress yes.

2nd reroll has it on +155% range, +105% channeling efficiency and -22% damage to corpus

I need all the kuva. All of it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

You can bullet jump without twirling?

Yeah, when I'm moving across the ground it always twirls but sometimes going vertical is a roll animation and I can't quite figure out what causes it and which one is better(if there is a difference) but I'll play around with what people said earlier.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If you jump while sliding, but not holding the crouch button (releasing it does not make you stop sliding) you do a cool jump but not a bullet jump, IIRC. Notable in the fact it does no splash of damage around you I think?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

SSNeoman posted:

MEANWHILE, ON THE STEAM REVIEW PAGE

AS WELL

Actually it's pretty dumb that the words "trap" and "gay" can get you automatically chat banned.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it is ethically correct to make a manchild post indignant walls of text because he can't spam his tired, boring 4chan memes

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

looks like a good shoot to me

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

turn off the TV posted:

Actually it's pretty dumb that the words "trap" and "gay" can get you automatically chat banned.

Just lol if you think he's giving anything close to the full story of his ban.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kokoro Wish posted:

Just lol if you think he's giving anything close to the full story of his ban.

I know that he's not because that same story got posted on reddit a few days ago, except at the time the guy posted it got a three day ban, and said it because his friend told him he'd give him a maiming strike if he did.

It's still really dumb to automatically kick people for specific words. You can get chat bans for mentioning AGayGuyPlays or for asking how to get a kinetic siphon trap blueprint.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 24, 2018

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is this on the global channel? We were talking about "newbie trap" frames a day or two ago in guild chat without issue.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

boho posted:

Is this on the global channel? We were talking about "newbie trap" frames a day or two ago in guild chat without issue.
I'm pretty sure chat ban is just from public channels, but I don't know for sure. I've somehow never gotten chat banned despite trolling relentlessly in every game I've ever played.

The ban wasn't automatic. A person approved his ban because he said something that would incite lots of hot takes on sexuality. On top of that, he said something that somehow manages to insult and slur two separate groups at the same time in three words. I mean yeah, I remember 4chan kids saying that a decade ago. Grow up, 30 something yearold man-child steam reviewer.

Newbie trap has nothing to do with what he was talking about and isn't something they'd ban for. He's also super wrong that chat is important for the game. You can just play warframe and ignore chat without issue. Especially now with warframe.market and similar sites.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 24, 2018

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Does anyone honestly think someone who would say something like that does it to 'light up chat in a funny way'? Who would find that funny anyway?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

boho posted:

Yeah it's only on region chat, and from the sounds of it it isn't a global chat ban unless you're a total shitter. They don't police clan/party chat afaik.

Khorne posted:

Newbie trap has nothing to do with what he was talking about and isn't something they'd ban for.

Apparently it would be in region chat, but it would just be an autoban because of filtered words.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 24, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Finally got to Jupiter hunting neural sensors so I can cook a Banshee. Managed to get one from a locker (or something. Didn't notice a new breakable type) on the first mission. Then panicked as I remembered if I failed, I'd not get it.

On a related note, any opinions on if it's better to give Rescue targets a weapon or not?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you give them a gun they might be tempted to use it, which would preclude their running toward extraction.

Sortie defense targets, though? Go for it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Depends on the sidearm too, some become rapid fire no ammo doom cannons. Not sure if they still keep mods in the hands of rescues.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Does anyone honestly think someone who would say something like that does it to 'light up chat in a funny way'? Who would find that funny anyway?

Indeed. Our masturbating statute is way classier :gizz: :dong: :flaccid: :boobeer:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

CODChimera posted:

Who would find that funny anyway?

Goons

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Whoa whoa back up, what's this about power throw Wukong turning into a suicide bomber? I need to know about this.

CODChimera posted:

I'm a huge child, but it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

NORTH-HALL posted:

Oh yes! Fukken plague kripath riven. Get in!

My kripath polearm is my go to melee weapon so, gently caress yes.

2nd reroll has it on +155% range, +105% channeling efficiency and -22% damage to corpus

I need all the kuva. All of it.

Speaking of needing all of the kuva, when was the last time they had a double resource drop weekend? Because got-drat, I'm going to farm the gently caress out of it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The only time I got a chat ban was for typing in ALL CAPS in trade for a dumb gimmick. 24 hours for that one.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Raptor1033 posted:

Depends on the sidearm too, some become rapid fire no ammo doom cannons. Not sure if they still keep mods in the hands of rescues.

I'm pretty sure they do; I distinctly remember putting my juiced-up Aklato in a rescuee's hands and seeing them two-shot a level 45 warden, and that's not something that'll happen without mods.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Raptor1033 posted:

They keep mods. You can give a rescue target or sortie defense guy a hikou prime with fire rate mods and concealed explosives for a fun time.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've never tried giving the rescue my sidearm then using mesa's 4. Does it work as expected or does stupid fuckery ensue?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So I finally got to and finished the Second Dream questline.

:stare:

Motherfuckers legit gave me a character creation screen like 65 hours into the game goddamn this is a level of brilliant I didn't expect.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Yep! The actual game is weird, janky and sometimes a touch asinine at points, but when they decide to make something memorable, DE doesn't half-rear end it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You're loving dead, kiddo.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

cinci zoo sniper posted:

These words may come back to bite you.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Sergeant sure talks a lot of poo poo for someone that spends more time than not as a pulverized mound of dude sludge :v:

I'd love to see him get a Corrupted Vor / Mutalist Alad V style variant where he's been rewarded for his blind loyalty and unjustified enthusiasm by being (repeatedly) reassembled with cloned flesh and robotics, giving us something like a giant Moa or Ambulas with some human features and a loud mouth :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

When they finally get around to reworking the phobos boss fight, it should be some corpus e-sports wanna-be piloting something. And then all his lines get replaced with sick burns. His 360 noscope is an instant down.

turn off the TV posted:

These words may come back to bite you.

I chuckled.