Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

adamantium|wang posted:

tterrible more like vterrible

:vince:

EDIT: UGH FINE DAD

Lord_Hambrose fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Excellent post for the top of the new page

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
So how does one get into the Slack channel?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

tallkidwithglasses posted:

:argh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

Truer words were never spoken.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

adamantium|wang posted:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Aesaar posted:

Take the knot, then kiss your life goodbye.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Uh. Duh.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aesaar posted:

Whats your email?

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

BULBASAUR posted:

Whats your email?
ghostwind1@hotmail.com

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sent!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:rip:

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
Awesome, thanks.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Here's my murder:

Gota thank Iijt and Keith who advised me to try different hues. This latest batch I painted in different colors entirely to give the group a non-uniform feel. Really happy with the results, especially my new weathering and highlighting method. I think these are probably the best things I've painted to date, especially the eyes. Finally nailed that satisfying glow effect.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got a MkIV Ironclad in yesterday and it's a great kit. Goes together easily, I had minimal cleanup to do, etc. It also includes two hunter-killer missiles that mount to the dreadnought's back, two things meant to represent frag launchers, and two torso-mounted heavy flamers. I've got an ASSAULT DRILL coming from some ebay seller at some point too. Since I'm not about to paint this guy any time soon, I want to make molds of the missiles and launchers if I can so I can stick them on other dreadnoughts. Same with the Ironclad shoulder pads. I think they add some nice bulk to the weapon mounts.

BULBASAUR posted:

Here's my murder:

Gota thank Iijt and Keith who advised me to try different hues. This latest batch I painted in different colors entirely to give the group a non-uniform feel. Really happy with the results, especially my new weathering and highlighting method. I think these are probably the best things I've painted to date, especially the eyes. Finally nailed that satisfying glow effect.

These are great. I'm looking forward to the next 278.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

Here's my murder:

Goddamn those look great. I can't wait to see all 180 (read 300) together. Have you considered doing each clump with a different secondary color (like swapping the red/orange) to indicate squad? I think that could look rad.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

What an unkind thing to say about Poochie.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Noice militia. I'm still deciding on what my toxx allies is going to be - thinking maybe militia after seeing the gorgeous new offerings from Anvil.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lord Twisted posted:

Noice militia. I'm still deciding on what my toxx allies is going to be - thinking maybe militia after seeing the gorgeous new offerings from Anvil.

That stuff is tempting me hard. Argh.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks dudebros. Next up I'm going to make some suicide bomber birds.

Broken Record Talk posted:

Goddamn those look great. I can't wait to see all 180 (read 300) together. Have you considered doing each clump with a different secondary color (like swapping the red/orange) to indicate squad? I think that could look rad.

That's a neat idea. What colors? I think I could do black and white pretty easily.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Some kind of command squad praetorian guard? Stripe/kill/honour marks across the white helms like LoTR Uruk Hai. Turquoise plumes?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Lord Twisted posted:

These are such great kits. I am considering doing some space Redcoats to help my Emperor's Children our with purging loyalists. I will always love Anvil for giving me the chain axes GW refuses to make at a reasonable price point for my World Eaters.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
nice cocks bulbasaur

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

That's a neat idea. What colors? I think I could do black and white pretty easily.

I think basically anything on the other end of the color wheel from the uniforms could work. In my head, I was thinking of a bright turquoise.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Pretty sure now I'm going to do a Praetorian militia force. I've ordered 5 test mans from Anvil. Would be 20 grenadiers with 2 rotor cannons (Lewis maxim guns!), 5 autocannons, 3 medics, 2 leman russ demolishers and a cheapo leader with the +1 leadership provenance

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The only thing I've been tempted by from Anvil are those colonials, and I'm feeling the urge real hard.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Nothing has summed anything up as perfectly as that Thousand Sons picture.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Round one of the 30k thread ZM tournament at the Las Vegas Open has just finished up.

Pics later

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

TTerrible posted:

Round one of the 30k thread ZM tournament at the Las Vegas Open has just finished up.

Pics later

I assume the color yellow (and/or assembly) beat your Imperial Fists in round one? :v:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Eh I took an early loss against Pops Death Guard.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

The 30k tables at LVO are pretty weird.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

pretty good zm board right there.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

Pics later

Who won?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Didn’t know so many people played Orbital Assault

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Between me and Safety Factor the dork angles managed to go 2-1!

Hencoe is some sort of 30k and bad decisions idiot-savant

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Myrmidons are super scary

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

No, I mean after you subtracted 2D3 victory points

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

I got to be good at something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Angelus pushed back. Next book is Malevolence.

:laffo: