Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I know it would be impossible but I'd like to see a list of all the big companies that aren't giving their employees anything after the tax cuts (like mine).

Not only is the very large company i work for not giving us anything, they've cut merit increases company wide. MAGA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“Nazis are bad but so are a lot of other people”
*pull back, it’s three editors around a screening room*
“Forty-six takes, and THAT was the best one!”

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gettin drunk on cheap beer atm, many such cases

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer
Hey gang get this. Donald Jingle-Balls Trump is president.

just lol. :hmbol:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Coral Reefer posted:

Hey gang get this. Donald Jingle-Balls Trump is president.

just lol. :hmbol:

Donald Trump? The alltard?!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/mradamtaylor/st...agenumber%3D155

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Attitude Indicator posted:

You are kind of dumb. Better mental health treatment would be good, but the quick fix here would keep thousands of people alive. Why not done?

Also, for everyone currently worried about the us’ disturbing turn towards fasciscm i’d like to remind them that america has had a running concentration camp for 15 years now lol.

i didnt say dont do it, you retard

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

communism bitch posted:

The thing that gets me about america is that you guys obviously have a loving sick, broken society. Stable, healthy people do not wake up one fine day and think"I'm going to massacre every living person I see with an AR15 today because I love my gun so much. It's not about the guns.
I get the gun control argument as just a simple, practical answer to stopping kids being lit up in their nurseries on a daily basis, but surely somebody in the gun control debate in America is mentioning that you'd still have all these broken, psychotic people?
Those people would still be massively hosed up; they just wouldn't have guns. That seems like such a typically american response to a systemic social issue - a quick fix that does nothing to address the underlying causes.

And you still get spree killings in places with lowish rates of gun ownership like China and Japan! Ut's just they go berserk with knives and slice people up on the subway.

lol?

We're just not praying hard enough.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

"Make them stop being mean to me!" :qq:
The fourteen year old girl comparison continues to be apt.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

communism bitch posted:

surely somebody in the gun control debate in America is mentioning that you'd still have all these broken, psychotic people?

tons of people are saying this your ideas are not new

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

At last we have Trumps one weakness: protests.

Surely there is some way that can be exploited.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Inept posted:

tons of people are saying this your ideas are not new

well I'm not american (thank god) so im asking from the perspective of an outsider, where all we ever seem to hear is screeching between democrats and the gop/NRA, making it sound like a purely political issue where the actual health and social implications are rarely mentioned.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Avirosb posted:

New challenge: Make Trump sound coherent via editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSuregWhlWk

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow can't believe they just admit to wiretapping him from some bunker, or that they think calling him would accomplish something.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Are president is a 14 year old girl.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DrPlump posted:

Wow can't believe they just admit to wiretapping him from some bunker, or that they think calling him would accomplish something.

Your mom listening on the other line while your friend calls your home isn't wiretapping.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

"Hello......I'm..... Donald J....... Trump. This is.......a great..... day. Good....bye."

It takes 9 hours of footage to get that.

Hello. Smithers.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Avirosb posted:

New challenge: Make Trump sound coherent via editing.

https://youtu.be/ZrNrleD2ZFs

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

SniperWoreConverse posted:

the first year I moved in 8 houses on my street burned down. The remaining ones all have someone living in them or the owners were compelled by the city to seal off all doors and windows on the first floor. Usually they'll use huge chunks of plywood. Someone robbed almost all the gutters and metal in the neighborhood a while ago. They stole my flowers and pear tree out of my god damned yard. They stole a gutter off my loving house and would have stole siding but luckily mine's vinyl. They stole my loving trash can. It was plastic and had one broken wheel.

There's a guy a block over who fuckin made out bigtime, he's got a nice brick he was able to get into good condition and because almost all the other houses on that block are gone he basically has a feudal estate it's loving sweet. I have assholes on all sides and have constant strife about my grape vines and berry bushes. All the local ecology I've been working on for the last seven years, with birds and squirrels and mantises and butterflies and plants and poo poo, is continually ruined by cocksukers who relentlessly gently caress with my yard while I'm at work. There's a 50' dead as gently caress boxwood tree ready to cave in and fall off my neighbor's property and directly into my house. I hope it lands directly on my balls.

I really enjoyed this post, thank you

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Wow it's almost like the president constantly runs his mouth but says absolutely nothing like some rear end in a top hat snake oil salesman.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

But you see, we don't need the EU! We've got the best ally and trade partner we can get right across the Atlantic!

lol

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
The nonchalance of boys who are sure of a dinner, and would disdain as much as a lord to do or say aught to conciliate one, is the healthy attitude of human nature. A boy is in the parlour what the pit is in the playhouse; independent, irresponsible, looking out from his corner on such people and facts as pass by, he tries and sentences them on their merits, in the swift, summary way of boys, as good, bad, interesting, silly, eloquent, troublesome. He cumbers himself never about consequences, about interests: he gives an independent, genuine verdict. You must court him: he does not court you. But the man is, as it were, clapped into jail by his consciousness. As soon as he has once acted or spoken with eclat, he is a committed person, watched by the sympathy or the hatred of hundreds, whose affections must now enter into his account. There is no Lethe Web Site for this. Ah, that he could pass again into his neutrality! Who can thus avoid all pledges, and having observed, observe again from the same unaffected, unbiased, unbribable, unaffrighted innocence, must always be formidable. He would utter opinions on all passing affairs, which being seen to be not private, but necessary, would sink like darts into the ear of men, and put them in fear.

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world.Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. Society is a joint-stock company, in which the members agree, for the better securing of his bread to each shareholder, to surrender the liberty and culture of the eater. The virtue in most request is conformity. Self-reliance is its aversion. It loves not realities and creators, but names and customs.

Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. I remember an answer which when quite young I was prompted to make to a valued adviser, who was wont to importune me with the dear old doctrines of the church. On my saying, What have I to do with the sacredness of traditions, if I live wholly from within? my friend suggested,--"But these impulses may be from below, not from above." I replied, "They do not seem to me to be such; but if I am the Devil's child, I will live then from the Devil." No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it. A man is to carry himself in the presence of all opposition, as if every thing were titular and ephemeral but he. I am ashamed to think how easily we capitulate to badges and names, to large societies and dead institutions. Every decent and well-spoken individual affects and sways me more than is right. I ought to go upright and vital, and speak the rude truth in all ways. If malice and vanity wear the coat of philanthropy, shall that pass? If an angry bigot assumes this bountiful cause of Abolition, and comes to me with his last news from Barbadoes, why should I not say to him, 'Go love thy infant; love thy wood-chopper: be good-natured and modest: have that grace; and never varnish your hard, uncharitable ambition with this incredible tenderness for black folk a thousand miles off. Thy love afar is spite at home.' Rough and graceless would be such greeting, but truth is handsomer than the affectation of love. Your goodness must have some edge to it,--else it is none. The doctrine of hatred must be preached as the counteraction of the doctrine of love when that pules and whines. I shun father and mother and wife and brother, when my genius calls me. I would write on the lintels of the door-post, Whim. I hope it is somewhat better than whim at last, but we cannot spend the day in explanation. Expect me not to show cause why I seek or why I exclude company. Then, again, do not tell me, as a good man did to-day, of my obligation to put all poor men in good situations. Are they my poor? I tell thee, thou foolish philanthropist, that I grudge the dollar, the dime, the cent, I give to such men as do not belong to me and to whom I do not belong. There is a class of persons to whom by all spiritual affinity I am bought and sold; for them I will go to prison, if need be; but your miscellaneous popular charities; the education at college of fools; the building of meeting-houses to the vain end to which many now stand; alms to sots; and the thousandfold Relief Societies;--though I confess with shame I sometimes succumb and give the dollar, it is a wicked Dollar which by and by I shall have the manhood to withhold.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson, from Self-Reliance

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So did that retard Nunes ever release his super ultra mega top secret memo he wrote in crayon that says all of Secret President Hillary's crimes using the FBI? Because conservative media hasn't shut the gently caress up about it in a week and are still on this stupid thing.

"Release the Memo!" :tinfoil:

"Um, isn't you party in control and you can just release the memo yourself?" :thunk:

..."RELEASE THE MEMO!" :byodood:

Heffer
May 1, 2003

old beast lunatic posted:

Wow it's almost like the president constantly runs his mouth but says absolutely nothing like some rear end in a top hat snake oil salesman.

I don't understand why people go to his rallies. It's basically white noise. Do they just listen without understanding, waiting for buzz words to give them an emotional spike?

Nevermind. My heart knows now.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder if you could make a lisp-like joke programming language that made fun of trumps parenthetical tweets. like, brainfuck but with 'SAD!' and (LABEL_NAME) instead of + and -

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Heffer posted:

I don't understand why people go to his rallies. It's basically white noise. Do they just listen without understanding, waiting for buzz words to give them an emotional spike?

It's basic cult leader poo poo. You tune out 99% of it, but then you hear something like "The coal mines are opening back up people, jobs for days. Clean coal!" and if you're a coal miner that sounds good. You forget all the dumb poo poo and just leave thinking that Trump was speaking directly to you.

And let's not kid ourselves, Trump's base is basically a cult right now. They don't listen to facts, they defend EVERYTHING Trump does, and they would most likely drink poison Flavor-Aid if Trump said it would stop immigration or something.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Heffer posted:

HE TALKS LIKE I DO, YAY

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Big Beef City posted:

Somewhere in WI I want you to know a good poster is struggling to die.

please do not assume my quality as a poster

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/realDonaIdTrimp/status/955981540923604992

parody acct

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

So did that retard Nunes ever release his super ultra mega top secret memo he wrote in crayon that says all of Secret President Hillary's crimes using the FBI? Because conservative media hasn't shut the gently caress up about it in a week and are still on this stupid thing.

"Um, isn't you party in control and you can just release the memo yourself?" :thunk:

"They" should release the memo and then an hour later release the piss tape.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Jared is hard at work on the opioid crisis. Maybe he enjoyed watching The Wire

quote:

Philadelphia, with the highest opioid death rate of any major American city, this week announced plans to encourage the opening of sites where people can inject drugs under medical supervision.

And though the precise locations of Philadelphia sites have not been established, the city could be the first in America to open an officially sanctioned safe-injection site.

E: lol

quote:

Police commissioner Richard Ross stepped up to the podium to say that he still has questions about how such sites would operate, and how his officers would police the areas around them.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

communism bitch posted:

well I'm not american (thank god) so im asking from the perspective of an outsider, where all we ever seem to hear is screeching between democrats and the gop/NRA, making it sound like a purely political issue where the actual health and social implications are rarely mentioned.

But there's no nuance in US politics now. Anything that may perceivably lower gun violence and deaths is instinctively shouted down as anti-gun. Some time ago I watched a short film on the Gun Shop Project, which is this ongoing project sponsored by some mental health organisations that gave basic, free mental health training to participating gun store owners and employees. And the whole premise was super simple: if you see someone coming into a gun store looking depressed or down, ask them if they are okay, offer a cup of coffee and a few minutes to talk, and maybe give them a card to free counseling services. You know basic human decency and compassion that may just save someone from suicide or prevent an impulsive act of violence. But nope, the video was down voted massively, and all the comments were people screaming about how the liberals and the NWO and UN blue helmets are coming to take our guns and imprisoning gun owners in mental institutions.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
...and MEXICO will pay for it!!! :))

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Shanghaied posted:

But there's no nuance in US politics now. Anything that may perceivably lower gun violence and deaths is instinctively shouted down as anti-gun. Some time ago I watched a short film on the Gun Shop Project, which is this ongoing project sponsored by some mental health organisations that gave basic, free mental health training to participating gun store owners and employees. And the whole premise was super simple: if you see someone coming into a gun store looking depressed or down, ask them if they are okay, offer a cup of coffee and a few minutes to talk, and maybe give them a card to free counseling services. You know basic human decency and compassion that may just save someone from suicide or prevent an impulsive act of violence. But nope, the video was down voted massively, and all the comments were people screaming about how the liberals and the NWO and UN blue helmets are coming to take our guns and imprisoning gun owners in mental institutions.

Anyone who wants a gun for anything but sport is already mental and should be banned from society and/or arrested imo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

poisonpill posted:

"Well, with that FBI probe finally dying down, it looks like we'll all be able to take that vacation to Florida after all!"
"Hey, wait! Someone just tweeted that the original investigator was fired to stop him from looking into 'the whole Russia thing!'"
*Everyone turns to Donnie*

*credits roll*

https://youtu.be/gyZDZCGQJf8

Cacafuego posted:

Jared is hard at work on the opioid crisis. Maybe he enjoyed watching The Wire

E: lol

Ross, you cocksucker, I got to give it to you, a brilliant idea. Insane and illegal, but stone fuckin' brilliant nonetheless. After all my puttin' my foot up people's asses to get the numbers down, he comes along and in one stroke, gets a 14 fuckin' percent decrease. Fuckin' shame it's gonna end our careers, but still.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jel Shaker posted:

Anyone who wants a gun for anything but sport is already mental and should be banned from society and/or arrested imo

This completely. Why the gently caress are you fantasizing about defending yourself in the first place?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I've shot guns since I was 16 and have owned guns for 10 years now. I can unequivocally say gun owners are their own worst enemies. Some of the dumbest people I've ever met. And we're in Canada where you have to pass a somewhat competent licensing course.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Jel Shaker posted:

"But but but I need guns to defend myself against government tyranny!", says man whose car is plastered with "Support our troops!", "My country, right or wrong!", "Thin Blue Line" stickers.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

TulliusCicero posted:

This completely. Why the gently caress are you fantasizing about defending yourself in the first place?

Lots of white people are incredibly scared (mostly of minorities) and even paranoid; the steady diet of Fox and Breitbart and the like has long since whipped such fears and paranoia into a frothing torrent of batshit insanity.

It reminds me a bit of the "stranger danger" thing in the 80s/90s. My friends and I spent a lot of our early childhoods convinced that there were slews of kidnappers waiting around every corner for the chance to grab us, even though it was and still is rare for children to be kidnapped by total strangers.

e: Oh, yeah, and the whole "gubmint!" thing. Which always makes me :lol: because lots of gun fans vote Republican, and they love to regularly bloat the military to gargantuan proportions, militarize the police, etc. So if the government ever did decide to show up on your doorstep and take away your freedoms, it would actually just be some dude at a computer would drop you dead with a fancy drone before you got a chance to use your collection of automatic rifles.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

TulliusCicero posted:

you don't have to be in control of anything. all congressmen are by design allowed to say whatever they want whenever they want without fear of repercussion. at any point any of the congressmen could have read the memo into the public record. the fact that they haven't is telling