Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just look at the hoopla around Damian dying - if there's a serious plot twist that DC doesn't treat with that level of marketing and fanfare, it's definitely a fake out. Especially for Batman characters because DC knows they can milk stuff like that. See also: Tim "dying" in Detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd be impressed of editorial gave Priest the ok to massively change a major character in a random issue of Deathstroke.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Between that and the Terra poo poo though I don't want to catch up on Priest Deathstroke any more, though

If Priest is gonna spend his time on a book settling weird scores or reinterpreting canon in lovely loving ways I don't need then yeah I'm done with the book. Especially considering it's fuckin' Deathstroke, one of DC's worst ever characters loving ever.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 23, 2018

SMP
May 5, 2009

I just read the first three volumes of his Deathstroke and really liked it so hearing all this is a bit disappointing.

e: Priest actually made me like Deathstroke.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We were just talking about yellow Batman emblems and look what pops up in the new Doomsday Clock.

Love it. Hopefully they need to incorporate it before we catch up to Doomsday's 'one year in the future' thing. Det #1000 would be a bit late.

edit: It also included the perfect image to pull out when you have an unpopular positive opinion to express on a comic

... like Doomsday Clock for instance. Handy, that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 24, 2018

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: It also included the perfect image to pull out when you have an unpopular positive opinion to express on a comic

... like Doomsday Clock for instance. Handy, that.

...is that Stewart Lee? Why?

edit: I mean he's famously a friend of Alan Moore so is it just 'we need a comedian to get bottled in the face this issue so we'll get one of that twat's mates'?

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 24, 2018

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Stewart Lee is a comic reader, he often talks of being younger and buying Marvel comics.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Spoilers for Doomsday Clock #3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr3dBOB7nXI&t=202s

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Unkempt posted:

...is that Stewart Lee? Why?

edit: I mean he's famously a friend of Alan Moore so is it just 'we need a comedian to get bottled in the face this issue so we'll get one of that twat's mates'?

no that's clearly disgraced war criminal Ratko Mladić, who has let himself go

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't realize the new Raven mini was going to be 12 issues long.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Roth posted:

I didn't realize the new Raven mini was going to be 12 issues long.

I guess people were clamoring for more after the last Raven mini. Or maybe it's because the Teen Titans movie and tv shows are coming out.

I like Raven it's just hard to imagine her holding her own for twelve issues.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anybody else get a Milk Wars milk carton from their shop?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Could you post a picture?

edit: Gary Frank confirmed that his Batman suit will be used in regular comics going forward.
https://twitter.com/1moreGaryFrank/status/956141845293207552

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jan 25, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: Gary Frank confirmed that his Batman suit will be used in regular comics going forward.

Dang, that's a lovely suit.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Weird they're using the Burton '89 Batman logo and not Returns.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/956528184501161984

Oh boy.

And speaking of, while previous issues of DC were entertaining enough, issue 3 kind of drove off a cliff.

Comedian's return is stupid and contrived even by comic book standards, the story still makes zero sense within the context of what we know of the current DCU, Batman's behavior doesn't mesh well either with what we saw during the Button, the new Rorschach's identity is underwhelming and makes it feel like it was just put because is Rorschach. I don't know, everything just feels poorly handled and the news of the book going bi-monthly killed a lot of my interest in the series

Mime continues to be the best part of the book though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Anybody else get a Milk Wars milk carton from their shop?

We got one!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh my god.
https://twitter.com/NicKlein/status/956594590911467520

Reminder: (with Brain inside Robotman's body)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Now I have to get that special.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This is just shameful but I have to appreciate dcs troll game

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/956708628727287808

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Wow even Brian Keene posting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

This is just shameful but I have to appreciate dcs troll game

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/956708628727287808

drat.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It's kinda weird that for years it was so goddamn easy to dunk on DC.

Weird how much the tides have turned.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

It's kinda weird that for years it was so goddamn easy to dunk on DC.

Weird how much the tides have turned.

In five years give or take, it will probably switch again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

SCOTT SNYDER Taking Over JUSTICE LEAGUE Following NO JUSTICE Weekly Series

Justice League: No Justice will be written by Scott Snyder, Josh Williamson, and James Tynion IV with art from Frances Manapul, and will run weekly in May. In No Justice, Brainiac arrives on Earth with a warning for DC's heroes about an impending threat that can only be stopped if the Justice League joins forces with some of DC's worst villains.

“We thought we knew the entire map of the DC cosmos,” said Snyder in a statement. “We thought we had explored all there was to explore. But now we know that all this time the Multiverse was nothing but a fishbowl, and now we’ve been dumped into the ocean, unleashing terrifying new threats, and wondrous new possibilities. Metal opened up channels of storytelling that Francis, James, Joshua and I are excited to explore in a big way. When we’re finished, fans will never look at the Justice League in the same way again.”

“I’m laying out the biggest action of my life,” added Manapul. “The Justice League realizes that they need to expand their reach to become something bigger than they have ever been before. If you thought my work for Justice League: Darkseid War was huge, I’m taking the League to the edge of the cosmos with No Justice. Anyone who has asked for Harley Quinn, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, Zatanna, the Atom, Raven, or Doctor Fate to be in their personal Justice League will stand up and cheer.”

After the conclusion of No Justice, Scott Snyder will take over writing duties on Justice League, while Tynion and Williamson will pen spin-off series, with more planned spin-offs from other as yet unnamed writers to follow. No artists or release dates have been named for Snyder's Justice League or its untitled spin-offs.

https://www.newsarama.com/38362-snyder-taking-over-justice-league-following-no-justice-weekly-series.html?utm_source=notification

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Snyder is basically dictating the meta-universe for the DCU now?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Neat, the team lineups are here.

Team Mystery will apparently be Martian Manhunter, Sinestro, Superman, Starfire, and Starro.

Team Entropy will be Lobo, Lex Luthor, Batman, Beast Boy, and Deathstroke.

Team Wonder will be Raven, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Wonder Woman, and Etrigan.

Team Wisdom will be Harley Quinn, Cyborg, The Atom, The Flash, and Robin.

Preview pics here.

I have a friend who'll be very glad to see Martian Manhunter back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So is this the new status quo or just a short term event?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

catlord posted:

Team Mystery will apparently be Martian Manhunter, Sinestro, Superman, Starfire, and Starro.

Preview pics here.

Team Mystery and Team Wonder make sense in composition as Team Space and Team Magic respectively. Team Entropy and Team Wisdom make less sense though. Team Entropy is meant to be the detective sort of team, but Beast Boy and Lobo being on it seem really out of place other than to round out the muscle. Teams Wisdom is the Science team so Harley and Robin also don't make too much sense being part of it other than also being a sort of "muscle." If the two odd characters were switch, Team Entropy would make more sense, but be way too over loaded with Batman characters as a result, while Beast Boy and Lobo also don't fit with the Science team so :shrug:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Sounds pretty cool. Lineups are a wee bit funky, but not the weirdest ones we've ever seen.

What's more curious is the lack of GLs on any team (and Sinestro doesn't count obvs). Ain't cosmic threats their whole ballpark?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Not really psyched to see two books by two creative teams I like swept aside for interlocking titles by Scott Snyder and his weed carriers but hey.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
JLA is ending. :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So is this the new status quo or just a short term event?

Superman and Starro sound like a permanent pairing to you?

e:

I bet these suits are just for the miniseries.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 27, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman and Starro sound like a permanent pairing to you?

Why not? Major Disaster was on the JLA/E for two years or more.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/957037064406601729

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's also not on it after four issues.

e: Three issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 27, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The way he frames it is dumb but having a stay at home mom who’s also a super hero is an idea I like.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bet if Tynion and Williamson are getting JL comics, that's the end of double shipping.

edit: Weird that Hawkman isn't there.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 27, 2018

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Why not? Major Disaster was on the JLA/E for two years or more.

Loved it. The thing with Faith was weird, but he was a great add to the League.

Also, Damian on the League. Hell yeah.

Batman's team is a little weird. Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, we're skewing towards baddies, which is okay. Lobo, in the JLA so yeah. Then Beast Boy.

So it's like a merging of the Teen Titans and Justice League. Superman's team reminds me of the Justice League of Aliens from Justice Leagues. Maybe it's just a trick to get all the aliens off of Earth.

Has Dr. Fate made a proper Rebirth appearance yet?

nofather fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

catlord posted:

Preview pics here.

YEAH I AM loving THRILLED