Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

A tdh finisher who has can use 3 abilities in a row, which seems detrimental to being a finisher as you want all that damage as a single hit at the end of a chain.
Freya seems to have the same issue as Lenneth, but she has a gigantic 3000% 1hit finisher for a limit break, with an equally gigantic 40 limit cost. If youre using her you're probably bringing along someone with entrust.

This is numerically incorrect. at max level she gets an LB modifier. it is actually 4500%, 1 hit. and with a free materia slot (due to not needing MAG%), she can put something like Squall STMR for another modifier and getting 6150% LB all delivered in one hit. Ether Strike is pretty much true to game, it gives zero fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Yeah, I never really understood why Freya would keep requesting scrub archers and brawlers when she could just nuke everything herself.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Daily: Rainbow! Finally! Give me my 100% bonus unit!

....Marie. Urgh. I mean she's a great elemental protection unit, but I have a lot of sources for that (Ayaka, Zargabaath, Rikku, GL Sakura). She's not redundant, but it's a bit of a blah pull.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Ayaka has elemental protection?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Daily today was a rainbow, Basch? Balthier?? Nah, it was Lorren! I need her TMR so I'm not too bummed about that

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Skyridge posted:

No.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ayaka

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was it mediocre rainbow day? I got Olive #3. Oh boy, Ayaka's back on a banner, I get another chance! Wait! It's a 4 rainbow banner? Fuuuuuuck

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Lord help me, I'm going to have a hard time not burning all my tickets chasing Ayaka again.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

It's 2 separate banners, but you'd still be crazy to chase the rainbow. You have even less chance of pulling her than you did before the 3% rate up.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

ApplesandOranges posted:

....Marie. Urgh. I mean she's a great elemental protection unit, but I have a lot of sources for that (Ayaka, Zargabaath, Rikku, GL Sakura). She's not redundant, but it's a bit of a blah pull.

Rainbow Robe is really nice.

werdnam posted:

Lord help me, I'm going to have a hard time not burning all my tickets chasing Ayaka again.

I’d consider chasing the rainbow of the DV banner and take whatever number of Desch consolation prizes I could get. But I think getting Ramza #2 when I don’t have a use for Ramza #1 (Roy) and don’t even have a use for Brave Suit #1 would be disappointing to say the least.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ghostnuke posted:

It's 2 separate banners, but you'd still be crazy to chase the rainbow. You have even less chance of pulling her than you did before the 3% rate up.

Is that true? Pre-rate up would be 0.5% (1% rainbow rate, 50/50 of the single on banner unit), and now should still be 0.5 (3% rainbow, 1% chance on banner, 50/50 for her). Plus, Rem is a solid unit. I have both and I'm pulling because I'd be happy with either for 7*.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 24, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think the banner after the upcoming Devs Choice banners (or maybe two after) should see the return of SOM characters, since it'll be close to the SOM Remake release on 2/15.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It would be nice to finally have a unit to put this stupid Siphon Delta materia on but I think I'd rather chase Basch. Good thing I'm out of tickets anyway.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Skyridge posted:

She'll usually run Carbuncle which has Bars. Well I could stick her with another Esper.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I already have one of VoD, Ayaka and Rem so getting any of them would be good for a 7*. Rem isn't particularly well rated in the japanese version but with 7* stats and her global ex improvements she would be rated a point or two higher which is par for the course for a support finisher. If she gets even stronger finisher capabilities as global ex 7* improvements then she could be top of the line for support finishers, specially on magic heavy comps.

I've given up on the phys attack wagon and I'm hitching myself entirely on magic, so I wont be rolling on the VoD banner at all. RIP all these units I'll never get to use unless I just happen to random pull them from a free 10+1 ticket or daily.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I keep having to reinstall the JP version since the banners just vanish and never come back. This includes the daily half-off banner and step-up banners. At one point I had no banners in either summon sections.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Office Thug posted:

I keep having to reinstall the JP version since the banners just vanish and never come back. This includes the daily half-off banner and step-up banners. At one point I had no banners in either summon sections.

When I had this problem it was fixed if I changed my time zone to Japan. That’s one of the reasons I stopped bothering to play on the JP client.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Verdict is that you can probably wait for CG Fina on the healer banner (Fina's banner has a great shared 5* in Kunshira and great TMRs from the rest), but the support banner is aces. Ramza and Darklord are both fine pulls that will remain meta-relevant for a long time, plus Tim, Desch and Crowe have great TMRs.

Varance fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 25, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey Gumi, just a suggestion but if you really like Rem you should give dagger boomerang scaling from SPR as well. Even if its just for 7* as the 101 passive from the TMR, it would solve one of her biggest problems, scaling do to horrid weapon choices.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Varance posted:

Verdict is that you can probably wait for CG Fina on the healer banner (Fina's banner has a great shared 5* in Kunshira and great TMRs from the rest), but the support banner is aces. Ramza and Darklord are both fine pulls, plus Tim, Desch and Crowe have great TMRs.

If Crowe’s TM hadn’t been nerfed to be unique I’d probably go in on that banner. But I have 5 of her and roughly a billion tims from going after DV the first time.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Wait, how will daily half price pulls work with two banners?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Regarding Crowe's TMR, I have 3 Patriotic Recalls already, and was thinking I'd get a fourth for my Wilhelm, but I see many builds out there with 3xPR plus one Crowe - is it that good to include?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cobalt60 posted:

Regarding Crowe's TMR, I have 3 Patriotic Recalls already, and was thinking I'd get a fourth for my Wilhelm, but I see many builds out there with 3xPR plus one Crowe - is it that good to include?

It's good in a general sense - if you just stack a single defensive stat, there's somewhat diminishing returns on the value of the mitigation it gives. It's nothing as complex as MMO style diminishing returns where you literally get less contribution to mitigation value per point the higher the number already is. FFBE has a simple division formula. But 30% of base stats when you're already 600+ def is less relative damage reduction than 30% base spr.

600 def to 650 def is an 8% overall stat increase

400 spr to 450 spr is 12.5%

From a literal (relative) damage reduction perspective, the numbers are basically the same - armor gives 8% reduction of an already smaller number, while spr gives 11%~ reduction

Ultimately it's not a big deal, and if you're also using a magic cover tank then stack those Patriotic Recalls to the ceiling.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Wait, how will daily half price pulls work with two banners?

Daily will probably be FFXII.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah, whenever they have a weird "our pick" banner they usually just keep the previous new banner as the daily.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Updated the pull list with TMRs and STMRs, if you're a whale who likes to be ready for the future:

Varance fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 25, 2018

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hey Gumi, just a suggestion but if you really like Rem you should give dagger boomerang scaling from SPR as well. Even if its just for 7* as the 101 passive from the TMR, it would solve one of her biggest problems, scaling do to horrid weapon choices.

Most of the workarounds I see are bowie knife/(source of dual wield + defender's daggers) and a rod or sword. You can get her stats pretty high if you give her a mateus malice or fry needle and let her enhanced passives kick in.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i wont abide this poo poo talking of marie as a mediocre rainbow. there will very likely never be a time you will be stoked to see her pop out of a rainbow crystal and she's not a party mainstay but whenever you need something marie does she is the best unit in the game at it and it's not even remotely close. enhanced love you all is the best fire and forget elemental buff in the game with a five turn duration and a decent heal tacked on.

enhanced reflect will probably have some use and you can probably use it with the -aja spells to do some stupid poo poo but that's kind of niche. but i bet it's better than you would assume.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Looks like they're adding a Gacha rate display to the global client, so there's that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
surprise buttsex early maintenance again

Well played Gumi

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

surprise buttsex early maintenance again

Well played Gumi

They did put it in yesterday's news, even providing pre-emptive compensation because it was going to be a long one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

They did put it in yesterday's news, even providing pre-emptive compensation because it was going to be a long one.

I never actually got the message in game for it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I never actually got the message in game for it.

Same here. Went into orbs and energy full.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I also didn't get the in game message but the discord was all over it so I was prepared. (Join the discord)

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
I got the in-game message, but it didn't have the "NEW" icon. It appeared as a previously read message. I only looked because I thought it was odd there wasn't also a maintenance message and then I saw one dated for yesterday but read.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Gumi finally drops a fairly big update and their server hasn't imploded after coming back online. Progress.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Game is back and holy poo poo they put up the summon rates :stare:

Edit: Well it's really barebones unlike the JP version that also gives on/off-banner rates and poo poo, but it's still something. Now we know that the free 4* guaranteed summons from 10+1 pulls have a 5% chance of going rainbow.

Edit 2: Also the Entite boss was buffed. Awesome.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 25, 2018

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The update removed the +30% atk/mag from RoL, but they quickly pushed a fix. Restart FFBE and it will download the fix. That might have been the cause of the Entite appearing stronger.

I've switched to an evasion Noctis as my friend unit since I didn't know how fast they would fix it. The game is running slower for me right now, so I'm going to stick with this since escaping the non-bonus trash mobs and killing the Entite is faster with Noctis than T.Terra.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

WKN
Soleil
i.Nichol
Ayaka
Orlandeau
-----
A2
Marie
Rikku
Ace
T.Terra

Phase 1 (100%-59%):
- WKN + iNichol for mitigation and full party cover against the physical counter. Cid and A2 chain to trigger the phase shift at 59% HP (only took 2 turns)

Phase 2 (59%-29%):
- This is a prep phase and for getting missions out of the way. Swap out one of the DPS for Marie for LYA buff or Ayaka. Swap out iNichol every 2 turns for Ayaka, Rikku (Diablo for dark damage access) for LB building, or T.Terra to Maduins into Chaos Wave Awakened. Kill the Left Arm first to make the main body phys immune, but magic vulnerable during Phase 3. Make sure Reraise is up on everyone before the threshold.

Phase 3 (29%-dead):
- It's a DPS race against massive AOE phys/mag genocide spam. Make sure you bring a dualcast dispeller (Ayaka has dispelga and Marie had Carbuncle/Dispel access) because he self buffs every turn. I swapped in TTerra for 2x awakened Chaos Wave and dualcast Ultima after her death. TTerra got the finishing blow with Ultima with Ace contributing Tri Beam beforehand. Almost everyone died multiple times over the course of 3 turns - iNichol was permadead. WKN never died with Steel up. :c00l:

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

ApplesandOranges posted:

Marie has been a staple of my trials, but partly that's because I am still using Tillith so I need to turn her Prism Heal into a heal that keeps parties alive, and Marie's drat near 3K per turn regen from Love You All+2 takes care of that. Her Lovely Guard +2 status protection + 40% spr/def is better than nothing too and has been very useful in certain situations. Since she's fairly flexible to gear and does not have actions she has to take every single turn, she makes a great Rikku's Pouch and Pod-153 user. And, as someone else pointed out, Rainbow Robe is amazing.

I got Ramza enhanced and have his Spr over 400 but his Hero's Rime is still only feeding about 1800 HP/turn of regen. I usually didn't have her Spr even to 400 and I was getting at least 2600 to about 3K HP regen from her. Combined with her elemental protections, really good unit IMO

• Locked thread