Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Avirosb posted:

Counterpoint: Sharks love to eat the rich.

Nature’s guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Lpzie posted:

God bless America!!!

Ban this sick filth

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

TheKingslayer posted:

This sounds as dumb as smashing Keurigs to me.

It's dumb, but if there's anything that we've learned in the past year it's that Trump is extremely receptive to dumb things. I want to see him melt down over sharks solely because people are doing this just to annoy him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheKingslayer posted:

This sounds as dumb as smashing Keurigs to me.

Donating to shark charities actually accomplished something though.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

My name is Donald j Trump, welcome to jackass!

The next stunt is called the President of the USA!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

nooneofconsequence posted:

people like sharks

I'm afraid of them

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I lol for our dead gay democracy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we petition the Australian government to send Trump an aquarium full of sharks as a white house pet?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Outrail posted:

Can we petition the Australian government to send Trump an aquarium full of sharks as a white house pet?

with laserbeams on their friggin head?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kumo posted:

The Bourgeoisie will always require Technocrats, class traitors, and the Proletariat to some degree. They need members of the underclasses to protect, cook, clean and serve them. Some C Suite exec is not going to do janitorial duty and robots cannot, as yet, do everything a person can.
http://marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm

Depending on how you want to think about it, it was funny or inevitable or symbolic that the robotic takeover did not start at MIT, NASA, Microsoft or Ford. It started at a Burger-G restaurant in Cary, NC on May 17. It seemed like such a simple thing at the time, but May 17 marked a pivotal moment in human history.

Kumo posted:

The push into automation is going to displace a lot of people, who will then be blamed for being lazy and the Republicans will cut federal and state food, housing & medical aid in response to the increased demand. If no reforms are enacted to address the crisis, then in despair & desperation, our people will turn on one another, be seduced by charlatans and mislead to blame people weaker than themselves, or simply give up and turn to substance abuse to cope and out of necessity.

The switchover to robots was proceeding with remarkable speed, and for some reason it seemed like no one had really thought about the effects of the transition. All of these people being replaced by the robots needed some form of income to survive, but the job pool was shrinking. The American "service economy" was what replaced the "factory economy", and America now had about half of its workers wrapped up in low-paying service sector jobs. These were the jobs perfectly suited for the new robots. The question was, what would happen to the half of the population being displaced from their service sector jobs?

It was a funny experience. Manna informed me on Friday afternoon that I was to be fired. But the Manna network also knew that my bank account was close to zero and there was no way I would be able to make the next rent payment. The Manna network also knew that there were no job prospects for me, since it knew the employment status of everyone. Like most people, nearly everything I owned was leased. I wouldn't be able to make the payments on any of that either. I was unmarried and all of my relatives were in Terrafoam already. Manna knew that. No one I knew in the city had offered to take me on as a guest, so that was out and Manna knew it.

:smith:

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Power Khan posted:

Basically Elysium with rising sea levels, several hundred million people being displaced and no happy ending.

Basically yes, but probably some Children of Men thrown in the mix too.

If you take the premise that hundreds of millions of people may be displaced by rising sea levels along the seashores (or just global climate change in general), then it follows that they will be probably be forced to move inland or to other countries. So you have transplant populations emigrating/immigrating and probably without adequate food, fuel, water, medical care, money, jobs, shelter, etc. The inland communities or foreign countries might even start out being understanding, but they have a saturation limit of their ability to provide for the newcomers and their own, like say Germany's agreement to set limits for refugees last year or evinced by this Depression era photograph:

It then might provide fertile ground for natavism & nationalism to take root, some sort of "strong borders" policies, and perhaps even ceding into totalitarian control as a means of controlling the influx of foreign populations. Citizens might even go so far as to tolerate giving away their rights out of fears of competition, disease, xenophobia and a diminution of the intangible ideas of what it means to be a particular citizen of that particular place.

There *might be* an eventual happy ending though.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kumo posted:

Basically yes, but probably some Children of Men thrown in the mix too.

If you take the premise that hundreds of millions of people may be displaced by rising sea levels along the seashores (or just global climate change in general), then it follows that they will be probably be forced to move inland or to other countries. So you have transplant populations emigrating/immigrating and probably without adequate food, fuel, water, medical care, money, jobs, shelter, etc. The inland communities or foreign countries might even start out being understanding, but they have a saturation limit of their ability to provide for the newcomers and their own, like say Germany's agreement to set limits for refugees last year or evinced by this Depression era photograph:

It then might provide fertile ground for natavism & nationalism to take root, some sort of "strong borders" policies, and perhaps even ceding into totalitarian control as a means of controlling the influx of foreign populations. Citizens might even go so far as to tolerate giving away their rights out of fears of competition, disease, xenophobia and a diminution of the intangible ideas of what it means to be a particular citizen of that particular place.

Like the migrant camps for Syrians except cheap buildings built by Elon's robots.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol that made in America, American jobs etc, domald j turnip has a foreign born wife. Though I guess he did give a $130k wage to one specific american.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Spectral Debt posted:

...and MEXICO will pay for it!!! :))

They've been paying for it ever since the drug war was a thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/americas/mexico-murders-2017/index.html

quote:

Mexico reports highest murder rate on record

(CNN) - Soaring levels of drug-related violence made 2017 Mexico's most murderous year on record, according to government statistics released Sunday.

There were 25,339 homicides in Mexico last year, a 23% jump from 2016 and the highest number since at least 1997, the year the government began tracking the data. Overall, murders in Mexico had been declining in recent years, reaching a low of 15,520 in 2014. But officials say a surge in drug-related crime reversed that trend.

Many parts of western Mexico, including the states of Guerrero, Jalisco, Sinaloa and Baja California Sur, have been caught up in violence between competing drug cartels.

The country has also become -- outside of the world's war zones -- one of the most dangerous places for journalists.

Last year six journalists were killed in Mexico, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists, a US nonprofit. That was the highest number since at least 1992. Since that year more than 40 journalists have been killed in the country.

Security and crime hot election issues

In Guerrero -- the state where Acapulco is located -- murders rose to 2,316 last year, about the same as 2016, but up from 1,514 in 2014. In Sinaloa, the former turf of notorious, imprisoned drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, homicides in 2017 soared 39% over last year to 1,332.

In Baja California Sur, an area filled with popular tourist destinations such as Cabo San Lucas, the number of murders nearly tripled last year to 560.

Security and crime look set to be among the top issues in Mexico's presidential campaign season, which officially begins in March.

The election is July 1. President Enrique Peña Nieto can't run again due to term limits. He and his political party have been heavily criticized for their inability to tame drug-related crime.

His administration has also called on the United States to help more, arguing that Americans' demand for drugs is partly fueling the crime.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
i dont really care what happens in the mueller investigation but i would really wanna see them find some dirt on trump if for nothing else than to see sarah sanders go fkn mental trying to defend it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ruddiger posted:

They've been paying for it ever since the drug war was a thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/americas/mexico-murders-2017/index.html

arguing that Americans' demand for drugs is partly fueling the crime.

:lol:

Content

1/ Michael Flynn didn't tell the White House about his 2017 interview with the FBI. Flynn met privately with FBI investigators a year ago today to discuss his communications with Russia's ambassador. The meeting took place without a lawyer present and without the knowledge of the president or top White House officials. (NBC News)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/flynn-kept-fbi-interview-concealed-white-house-trump-n840491

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I too live to see press ogre's eyes roll back into her head in opposite directions as she stokes out trying to rationalize Trump.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't really watch press conferences. Do we like her more or less than Spicey?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

dems now frantically trying to find a shark they can run as hillary's vp

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

tote up a bags posted:

im with left shark!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Over There posted:

I don't really watch press conferences. Do we like her more or less than Spicey?

Ogre, Less entertaining, more sexiness.

Got a question, what are these?
9:00 AM Pool Call Time In-Town Travel Pool Call Time
https://factba.se/topic/calendar

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Over There posted:

way less, the funny thing about spicer was that somewhere deep in there you got the sense there was still a human soul which, however mangled and surpressed, loves truth and justice and righteousness, and that's why it was funny to watch him lie, because you could see that it was causing him pain. sarah sanders got kissed by a dementor a long time ago.t here's no there there

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tote up a bags posted:

surely someone who speaks shark will be good enough to get them excited

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

cda posted:

way less, the funny thing about spicer was that somewhere deep in there you got the sense there was still a human soul which, however mangled and surpressed, loves truth and justice and righteousness, and that's why it was funny to watch him lie, because you could see that it was causing him pain. sarah sanders got kissed by a dementor a long time ago.t here's no there there

I thought Dementors had standards?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Counterpoint: Sharks love to eat the rich.

We may have found the Progressive party's mascot animal.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Son of Rodney posted:

*tries to light fart on fire but shits all over the camera*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Donate directly to that shark who recently ate the hedge fund manager

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
brb, filling a keurig with chum and dropping it in the ocean

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kumo posted:

That's a lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

cda posted:

please do not compare jose to dementors you may get writ up on charges of mod sass

also for the people who read some posts of poverty from me I do not literally live in Detroit it's just a similar region. And I wouldn't consider myself impoverished, it seems like no matter how bad it gets it can get substantially worse

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If you trick SHS into telling the truth she turns into a beautiful princess

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sarah gazed upon the orb, but she was not ready. Its power overwhelmed her, and the merciless orb will twist the eyes of those it deems unworthy

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

cda posted:

Shuck responds to questions in effortless, brazen prevarication with the bored indifference of an old ranch hand who's been castrating bulls for 40 years and has lost more than one apprentice to a swift kick in the face.

Spicey sometimes looked like he was a pin prick away from painting the white house press room in gum and viscerae.

Clitch fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 24, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
She lies as effortlessly as one might breathe and in fact this may be how she does.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Son of Rodney posted:

More like https://youtu.be/_w5D4QJbLW8

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

Disney gives their employees a grand each and starbucks says they are gonna raise their minimum from 6.90 to...??? walmart also says something about raising their pay.
(only to the actual starbucks store employees not the kiosk type stores)

trump is a great man my co-worker says while paying more taxes because we live in nyc.

nevermind the minimum wage going up nationwide kinda forcing their hand because people have better options from stores not owned by monsters.

Here's a lol
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/956239846544236544

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
And this great wall will really be something, believe me. There will be no way to get across, and let me tell you - they're doing a great job. They showed me the drawings, and the concrete. what are you gonna do? Theres no ladder, and once you get up, youre in trouble. what are you gonna do? Maybe a rope, but there will be cameras.
                                                                                                                                                   /

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAk6jL1N8xA

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Clitch posted:

Shuck responds to questions in effortless, brazen prevarication with the bored indifference of an old ranch hand who's been castrating bulls for 40 years and has lost more than one apprentice to a swift kick in the face.

Spicey sometimes looked like he was a pin prick away from painting the white house press room in gum and viscerae.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Wow, there was a time long ago when a president could answer a question with consideration and eloquency. It was the before-times. They are long gone.