Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

R. Guyovich posted:

let's go down a loop of infinite recursion where i say calling out callout people makes you the bigger caller-out and we never, ever stop.

Whom watches the watchmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Whom watches the watchmen

*whomst

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sa has no history with the kind of terrible people a constant callout culture that exists only online produces *shoves helldump into the archives*

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
helldump was good though

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

yeah wait now i'm pro callout

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
helldump like lf was good for a time

and then fell of a loving cliff and were mercy killed

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

R. Guyovich posted:

let's go down a loop of infinite recursion where i say calling out callout people makes you the bigger caller-out and we never, ever stop.

Let he who has not started a secret sexy group DM throw the first stone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

helldump like lf was good for a time

and then fell of a loving cliff and were mercy killed

helldump provided a valuable service by purging all pedos from adtrw forever, thus making it the only bearable anime forum on the entire internet

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

*walking down the aisle of the University of Illinois function room, my spurs jangling*

Fetonte you yeller-bellied varmint... I’m callin’ you out!!!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If my application to be on the CRB is accepted, I will be the for real DSA cop. (It won't though.)

I believe in abolishing the police and reforming them as a completely different institution, the sheriffs of sucking you off.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

If my application to be on the CRB is accepted, I will be the for real DSA cop. (It won't though.)

I believe in abolishing the police and reforming them as a completely different institution, the sheriffs of sucking you off.

"this blowjob is sub-par, i expect better from an officer of the law"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I hope you get on the Copyright Royalty Board

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The Crown Royal Bottle is an extremely selective institution

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Cops R Bad

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phi230 posted:

Cops R Bad

nice try cop

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It appears that local does a whole lot of good stuff but national is a giant dumpster fire thus anarchists were right

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It appears that local does a whole lot of good stuff but national is a giant dumpster fire thus anarchists were right

until the anarchists decide your chapter is bad and start wrecking

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Forgot to post this after the weekend:

I'm an official DSA member now. I could be added to TX on the OP, but I also don't want to give the DSA a bad name lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ace of Baes posted:

until the anarchists decide your chapter is bad and start wrecking

I was referring to anarchists in the sense of decentralized planning of democratic groups but sure, we can talk about spooky anarchist cookbook poo poo too

Pretty much read the bread book

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
you don't read bread you fuckin dork you eat it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Frijolero posted:

I'm an official DSA member now. I could be added to TX on the OP, but I also don't want to give the DSA a bad name lol

You can't be the worst DSA member from Texas, don't worry about it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Phi230 posted:

you don't read bread you fuckin dork you eat it

I'm doing keto so I stay away from the bread book

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im from tx and im probably worse

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm doing keto so I stay away from the bread book

just focus on eating the rich and you should stay in keto mode :buddy:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the rich are too fat for a keto diet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phi230 posted:

what about the ones who are always training for marathons and such in between being a high powered lawyer or something

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

full of raw water

please cook the rich completely to an internal temperature of at least 145F before eating

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

im from tx and im probably worse

how do you do fellow camarada

So I went to a pre-meeting and canvassing with Austin DSA on Sunday. I gotta say, it was really swell. It was well organized, the objectives were clear. The people were normal human beings. I'm excited and happy to be doing something politically after doing other not-very-well-organized political stuff.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I know techbros suck and get a proper amount of poo poo from the left crowd, that it's almost all libertarians, but I just wanted to say I'm proud of our SA IT folks. When talking about how lovely in the industry can be to people, I made a "Join the DSA today" joke and the reaction was more than positive - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653857&pagenumber=1016#post480621466

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Michigan DSA member here

Technically my local chapter is still just an organizing committee, but we're on the way to being official.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
It's pretty neat seeing how many organizing committees are still growing into full-fledged chapters, really reminds me of how many leftward currents there really are :) I'm curious, what have you found to be the biggest roadblocks?

ALSO someone's mentioned tech and the left in the same post and obliged me to shill for mention the Tech Workers Coalition, an excellent group for the many many people who are working in or around tech and don't think they're startup CEOs in waiting, populated heavily with DSA members among others. I hate writing code enough that I don't ever post in the computer touching subforum sadly.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So what's the DSA gonna do now that The democrats are officially fighting every attempt to reform it?

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/956217958644068352

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

apokaladle posted:

ALSO someone's mentioned tech and the left in the same post and obliged me to shill for mention the Tech Workers Coalition, an excellent group for the many many people who are working in or around tech and don't think they're startup CEOs in waiting, populated heavily with DSA members among others. I hate writing code enough that I don't ever post in the computer touching subforum sadly.

this is neat!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

apokaladle posted:

Thanks for this, will check it out.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Phi230 posted:

They're basically made of fat & stimulants. Grind em up, run hot water thru em and it's like butter coffee. Perfect for keto :colbert:

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Frijolero posted:

nice! welcome to cop dsa :cop:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
You could add me to the list as someone in a Missouri chapter (the less big one)

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Al-Saqr posted:

So what's the DSA gonna do now that The democrats are officially fighting every attempt to reform it?

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/956217958644068352

We'll do the same thing we've been doing, really. If we can use their ballot access, great. If they give us money without making compromising demands, even better. If not, gently caress 'em, we're running anyway.

Pittsburgh DSA is systematically dismantling one of the state's more annoying political families; they're all Dems and they hate us so much, it's great.

e: it's worth noting that they can't really stop us from running for office on their ticket. They can withhold funds and endorsements, but they're doing that anyway. The guy who took down the GOP Whip in Virginia got his funding cut off when he didn't agree to a slate of policy demands, but he won anyway because grassroots mass organizing is our whole... thing.

Goon Danton has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Jan 24, 2018

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/screenslaver/status/956271259083395072

https://twitter.com/screenslaver/status/956272673687875586

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/956271070344024065

Interesting question. I can’t really think of someone currently in power. Only those I’d like to be.

edit: drat. beaten.