Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I feel like this could use a little bit of clarification, along the lines of this:

Just making it as obvious as possible that 100% efficiency is the average weapon damage, and that it's only considering shots that connected.

Bold Robot posted:

...and yet at least 3 AI empires have that same blue primary color. The little border outlines are a huge improvement of course but it still seems nuts that something like unique primary colors for each nation is apparently not being added to the game.

I'd honestly prefer it if the political shading was much more transparent, with its opaqueness decreasing as a gradient the further it is from the border. This guy's Star Trek map is a pretty good example of what I mean:

https://hayter.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Star-Chart-82932428

I think it would also help with clarity if each border was a combination of the nation's primary and secondary colors, like in CK2.

With more emphasis on a two color border and less emphasis on single color ownership shading I think that you could cut down on the "giant block of color" phenomenon that keeps on popping up. The other benefit is that it makes seeing the neat animated clouds and nebula much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There was a poorly worded joke here. I genocided it.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 25, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Nessus posted:

Stellaris - Wow, people really hate it when you commit genocide

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

What I would like out of the war goal system would be the ability to choose my war goals when I get caught up in a defensive war.
Good news!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

THE loving MOON posted:

Turns out a girl I just started talking to is really into Stellaris and 4X's in general and APOCALYPSE REALLY CAN COME SOON ENOUGH FFFFFFFFF. PLEASE

Be up front about your urges to purge

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one who renames conquered cities and planets to humiliating stuff.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

Playing them as Authoritarian slave-owners with the syncretic start rules even more. Then again, maybe that's just me obliviously walking into the nazi furry fandom.

EDIT: The only proper way to play furries in Stellaris:

The best part is now if you encounter AI fanatic purifiers with that portrait...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE BAR posted:

Seriously, why isn't white a colour you can pick? Instead we get a ton of muddy off-colours? What?

Wouldn't that make it really hard to see the stars within an empire when zoomed out like in that picture?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
All the hyperlanes disappeared from my mapview in my game. Any way to turn them back on?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There should be a toggle in the bottom right with all the other map toggles.

Did you check that?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

THE loving MOON posted:

Turns out a girl I just started talking to is really into Stellaris and 4X's in general and APOCALYPSE REALLY CAN COME SOON ENOUGH FFFFFFFFF. PLEASE

Most of the chicks I know that play Stellaris came over from RTS games like Sins, it's not actually that rare. But more to the point it's really offputting that all the responses to this post just immediately jumped to and revolved around a sexual focus?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Will Apocalypse be priced like Levithians or like Utopia?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Hiveminded posted:

Most of the chicks I know that play Stellaris came over from RTS games like Sins, it's not actually that rare. But more to the point it's really offputting that all the responses to this post just immediately jumped to and revolved around a sexual focus?

That's because jokes about meaningful conversations and enjoyable public outings aren't nearly as funny.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IAmTheRad posted:

Will Apocalypse be priced like Levithians or like Utopia?

Whichever of those was $20, because this is $20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hiveminded posted:

He's obviously trying to bang her or he wouldn't have opened that way. Are you serious with this post?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Nevets posted:

That's because jokes about meaningful conversations and enjoyable public outings aren't nearly as funny.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He's obviously trying to bang her or he wouldn't have opened that way. Are you serious with this post?

Yeah obviously the original post was about his interest in her but there's a difference between acknowledging it in a graceful way and launching into weird attempts at humour involving niche fetishes and sexual slavery.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Hiveminded posted:

Yeah obviously the original post was about his interest in her but there's a difference between acknowledging it in a graceful way and launching into weird attempts at humour involving niche fetishes and sexual slavery.

Clean jokes only at Something Awful dot com please

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Hiveminded posted:

I'm pretty sure the jokes were about how ridiculous it would be if behaviour in Stellaris translated into relationships. Given that the thread is about Stellaris, this seems fair.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

ConfusedUs posted:

There should be a toggle in the bottom right with all the other map toggles.

Did you check that?

Never even realized they were there. Thanks

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Clean jokes only at Something Awful dot com please

Aethernet posted:

I'm pretty sure the jokes were about how ridiculous it would be if behaviour in Stellaris translated into relationships. Given that the thread is about Stellaris, this seems fair.

Clever dirty jokes are cool, weird unfunny tangents that try to spin mechanics/content/whatever in stellaris into sexualised relationship humour -- because everyone in a thread is bored as gently caress and some goon posted about his strategy crush -- are weird and unfunny. Like it's one thing to be low-hanging with the material on hand ("haha you steal workers in civ wouldn't that be great to make jokes about?"), it's another to fail at making something even vaguely funny and instead just freakish ("haha what if you steal her workers as like sex slaves wink wink"). But maybe I'm just a dumb prude.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

hobbesmaster posted:

The best part is now if you encounter AI fanatic purifiers with that portrait...

:shobon:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

You're a prude, I think. There was only 1 joke that looked awkward but no one hits everytime. Also lol that you never once complained about genocide, the most common joke in this thread. Well, maybe you will when the game is out in a week.

don't hurt me

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Make sure you have compatible ethics or you're going to have a bad time.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Honestly I'm not sure what I'm after at this point. It was just really exciting to me because I rarely run into people with similar niche interests. Also I don't really think all the sex jokes are weird, it is kinda weird that there's so many of them though.

Anywho, that democracy game I started is probably gonna end up with me dominating everything, as predicted. So maybe I can wait on Apocalypse a bit lol.

edit: weird that there was such a response, it was just kind of throw away statement because I was kinda geeking out a bit

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 25, 2018

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think we should purge all posters in this thread, except me because I'm obviously superior

This is wondeful :allears:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Alliance against 3 Dong Horse imo

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Hiveminded posted:

weird and unfunny

I agree to the extent that there is at least one person in this thread making weird and unfunny posts.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I kinda agree with Hiveminded tbh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's a good strategy for doing Rogue Servitors?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Artificer posted:

Alliance against 3 Dong Horse imo

Federations never win, sir and/or ma'am

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's a good strategy for doing Rogue Servitors?

Quarantine your biotrophies to specific planets, and then once you can shove them all away on the biggest, least useful planets you've got. Keep biotrophy planets at a certain ratio with your working planets to maintain your morale, and shuffle pops around to make sure they keep breeding so the organic population demographics keep up with your robot building.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are habitats a good place for biotrophy storage?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are habitats a good place for biotrophy storage?

They are expensive and small. You'll need more space than habitats alone, at the very least. Plus habitats will take some time to get going as well, and in the interim you'll still need biotrophies to keep up with your robo populations.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You're a prude, I think. There was only 1 joke that looked awkward but no one hits everytime. Also lol that you never once complained about genocide, the most common joke in this thread. Well, maybe you will when the game is out in a week.

don't hurt me

Genocide is good because it gets rid of weirdos (ie everyone i dont like), and the best part is that no one is left to disagree with correct (ie my own) opinions.

Bold Robot posted:

I agree to the extent that there is at least one person in this thread making weird and unfunny posts.

I guess we're all in good company then :ironicat:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm gonna retract my previous statements and say that this should be a safe zone for everyone except weird aliens that I don't like. I'm looking at you, snailiens.

I am definitely not going to miss Warp when 2.0 drops. I started a hyperlane only game as spiritualists and it's just sooo much easier to hold territory. I really do wonder how much the new system will affect my fast expand strategy, especially with that pirate update. e: poo poo, I guess I'm only allowed one Avatar? My first one went bye bye. :(

e: I cannot wait for the dang border fix. I really hate blob expansion with hyperlanes only

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 25, 2018

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/956222763848658945

So now that the HoI4 team is close to announcing the release of their next expansion Wiz has to make sure Stellaris steals their thunder? Maybe the release date really is next week...

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

ConfusedUs posted:

Whichever of those was $20, because this is $20

So Utopia expansion price.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hiveminded posted:

("haha what if you steal her workers as like sex slaves wink wink")
:stonk: it was supposed to be a cunnilingus joke. It's gone now.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Will this finally involve a way to see what your strike craft did? Damage to enemy ships, enemy strike crafts shot down and so on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Some friends bought Stellaris off the Humble Bundle; i'm not sure i should encourage them to play now or wait until Cherryh. That the host's DLCs are available in multiplayer was a big plus for them. Very clever @Paradox considering its mostly a SP game...

• Locked thread