Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

On the note of clearing personal thresholds, just got Bismark down. It wasn't clean, "no damage ramp-up" means "no damage grace period" too, but did it in 46 seconds with only two people dead. Just Hydra and Golem (and holy/dark after that) to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DeadButDelicious posted:

Wow, thanks for the explanation, I'm still at the stage where I'm chaining realm dungeons to up my stamina and pulling on non-newcomer banners with the mythril I get, and had been struggling to find a source that just spelled it out like that. Much appreciated, you're good goons. :)

Start saving mythril for the next FFT banner coming in about a month. It's going to have some insane god-tier relics on it.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

On that note, when is God Wall coming? That's Wall + Proshellga + Haste, right?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

bilperkins2 posted:

Anniversary banners in March.

Quina's USB will appear around then too, which is Shout + Proshellga.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

bilperkins2 posted:

Next fest. Roughly 2 months.

Redditors are starting to get salty and staging email writing chains to get Dena to implement features that were present in the JP version but not global (namely daily missions right now).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Any reason they haven’t? All they neeed to do is translate stuff, right?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

This is really handy but it does skip one of the things I'm most interested in: choosing which passives to inherit. Is there a good guide for that anywhere? Considering it sounds like you want to use a fully leveled 3* magicite as inheritance fodder for the passive, I definitely don't want to mess that part up.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Avalerion posted:

Any reason they haven’t? All they neeed to do is translate stuff, right?

DeNA being a mess and probably HQ trying to wring a low-end, low-resource cashcow with a skeleton crew for all its worth. Basically, the usual.

This said, the shitstorm going on the subreddit annoys me because of the sheer level of self-entitlement embellished in a lot of the complaints, which mostly sparked from feeling unspecial over the Christmas haul comparison between JP and Global.

Parasol Waddle Dee fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 24, 2018

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

After going Arc Burst/11 for my first draw on OK banner, I scrounged up another 50 mythril and thought long and hard about chasing relics.

Then I pulled.

loving jackpot! Magic team is now going to be a quick murder squad.

Never not pull.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
M an.. that atlus guy is tough.(like moms)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Benthalus posted:

After going Arc Burst/11 for my first draw on OK banner, I scrounged up another 50 mythril and thought long and hard about chasing relics.

Then I pulled.

Never not pull.

christ and i thought the guy who got both onion knight ultras plus some other detritus was lucky

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Benthalus posted:

Then I pulled.

Never not pull.

I pulled twice on that banner and got two five-star relics (Arc and Refia). I just feel even more cheated now.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Benthalus posted:

Then I pulled.

Never not pull.

That's pretty much the same as my haul except it took me 200 mythril to do it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Anyone here finish a 4* yet? I haven't started one, but I think I'll try Kraken first since my lightning team is probably my strongest. I think I'll be forced to dive someone soon though.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Anyone here finish a 4* yet? I haven't started one, but I think I'll try Kraken first since my lightning team is probably my strongest. I think I'll be forced to dive someone soon though.

I gave 4* Ice a whirl and wiped after 2 turns, these bosses don't play around. Seems like you need last stand and/or a healing burst ready to go right away. It's great that they return stamina on these fights, I like experimenting in between daily orb grinding.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I somehow managed to guilt my girlfriend into buying the Dream Relic Draw pull for me since I wasn't going to do it myself and oh god I regret everything

Never loving pull.

(Well at least I have Lightning LMR now, but...)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

I gave 4* Ice a whirl and wiped after 2 turns, these bosses don't play around. Seems like you need last stand and/or a healing burst ready to go right away. It's great that they return stamina on these fights, I like experimenting in between daily orb grinding.

Yeah I just tried Kraken and pretty much the same thing. Seems like it's the thing to start off with two healers.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
So are we supposed to inherit buff 3*s or wait until we have some 4*s?

I still haven't beaten Shadow Dragon :negative:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I still haven't beaten Shadow Dragon yet. I'm pretty sure I have the holy stuff to do so but I can't seem to use them right I guess

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good enough.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I had Marilith down to about 20% and then she hit me with a 5.5k AOE savage firaga through wall + shellga :/

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I had Marilith down to about 20% and then she hit me with a 5.5k AOE savage firaga through wall + shellga :/

Savage Firaga is piercing.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Bruceski posted:

This cannot be stressed enough. I got overwhelmed too first time I came in here and folks were talking about everything.

--Magicites are literally the last thing you need to worry about, after clearing Nightmare fights.
--Nightmares are kinda gimmick fights, but still require a good set of skills and character access, and being able to beat 140-difficulty bosses to get to them.
--140-difficulty bosses are going to seem impossible at first, just focus on events (normal events with low-level parts, not this Crystal Tower out now) and story missions and such. Cid's beginner quests to craft skills are a good place to start, some are out of date but mythril is mythril and it gives you some of the big utility skills.

You can coast for quite a while off Roaming Warriors if you grab one with a strong overstrike or a DPS USB/BSB and use it to hammer bosses, so don't be afraid to push past your comfort zone in events. All you lose for failure is stamina, and while that can sting at low levels when your max is low even the most expensive stuff is only a few hours. The rewards for pushing further in events are worth it; for us getting a new skill or accessory may be something we stick in the bank and forget about because it's the same or worse than other stuff, but for you a free 5-star ability or the stats on even a bad accessory can be huge. Also, that first time you clear a personal threshold feels GREAT.

I finally beat my first 140, the boss to get the level III memory crystal in the onion event. I had zero water SSB's or anything so had to just use hand of the crystals with a roaming warrior to finish him off but before then I just chipped him down with my lovely random collection of earth bullshit. I think I'm going to level onion knight to 99 as my first one but I'm not sure what the best way to farm him up is. Do I just have to wait for the weekend XP dungeon and save all my stamina potions for it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

I think the best advice is to not worry about inheriting passive abilities at all for now, because they take a ton of investment for marginal returns. Stat inheritance is fine though, since you can just throw your garbage 1* and 2* magicites into it.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Washout posted:

I think I'm going to level onion knight to 99 as my first one but I'm not sure what the best way to farm him up is. Do I just have to wait for the weekend XP dungeon and save all my stamina potions for it?

That or egg him up. There's also a daily XP dungeon, which is still good, but not as good as Sunday.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

iamsosmrt posted:

Beat Marilith at 38.5 once I realized two healers were the way to go. Rosa spamming Benediction while Eiko kept Last Stand at ready saved my drat rear end. Those fuckers do not play around and want you dead.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Good enough.

A little slower but a lot safer. And I managed to master it too.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

I still haven't beaten Shadow Dragon :negative:

What do you have for holy? No Raines BSB? He was my ticket to a painfree sub-30 but almost a guaranteed clear at the least. Get it done so you can experience the fun of getting humbled by 4* with the rest of us.

Elephant Ambush posted:

A little slower but a lot safer. And I managed to master it too.

Is your Papa LD'ed?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Washout posted:

I finally beat my first 140, the boss to get the level III memory crystal in the onion event. I had zero water SSB's or anything so had to just use hand of the crystals with a roaming warrior to finish him off but before then I just chipped him down with my lovely random collection of earth bullshit. I think I'm going to level onion knight to 99 as my first one but I'm not sure what the best way to farm him up is. Do I just have to wait for the weekend XP dungeon and save all my stamina potions for it?

There's no better character to use growth eggs on than the Onion Knight. you can get them from events, easy raids, exp dungeons, newcomer dungeons and the like.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

iamsosmrt posted:

What do you have for holy? No Raines BSB? He was my ticket to a painfree sub-30 but almost a guaranteed clear at the least. Get it done so you can experience the fun of getting humbled by 4* with the rest of us.

My holy is still just a dived Raines w/ BSB and Beatrix and Agrias EnHoly SSBs. I guess I also have Raines SSB for an imperil.

I didn't think a Holy team was possible with this scant setup and I was waiting for the Orlandeau banner!

e: I guess I also have Hope BSB and CoD BSB1, but those don't seem good enough.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 25, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think Power and Magic Breakdown are actually worth using on Tiamat, since they overwrite her Absorb Strength/Magic buffs. So they're effectively a 23-24% damage reduction.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

So what is the general path of progression for a new player? Am I suppose to keep busting up realm dungeons and save mythril until I get some good pulls?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

The Moon Monster posted:

There's no better character to use growth eggs on than the Onion Knight. you can get them from events, easy raids, exp dungeons, newcomer dungeons and the like.

I ate all the eggs making my USB havers usable already. But I'm going to start farming for more now.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Vitamean posted:

So what is the general path of progression for a new player? Am I suppose to keep busting up realm dungeons and save mythril until I get some good pulls?

Check with someone before pulling anything anywhere. I think you should save up 150 mithril for the FFT event that's coming soon. Maybe spend 50 on the OK banner right now but save everything else for that because it has a bunch of new powerful relics that you really want to draw. Problem is, it's pretty tough to get OK to level 99 to make him into a god so it's just not worth spending a ton trying to get his relics for a total newbie right now.

Washout fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 25, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vitamean posted:

Yeah, and also do as much of the weekly events as you can.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Is your Papa LD'ed?

Everyone on that team is LD except Yuna. :c00l:

They're all kitted out too. Papalymo has Ley Lines and BSB and LMR, Y'sthola has Asylum, Terra has USB and OSB and LMR, Edge has SSB2 and LMR. I have his USB too but obviously it's not that useful in this fight.

Terra's trance and double cast are devastating in this fight but I got really bad double cast RNG on my first clear. I also forgot to reset wall at the 30 second mark because I've gotten used to not having to do it anymore due to sub 30s lol.

I'm not sure if I can sub 30 this rear end in a top hat yet but I can definitely get that time down through practice and luck.

edit: Oh yeah. PROTIP: Equip elemental resist accessories on as many characters as you can in these 4* magicite fights. They mitigate a lot of damage. Also bring 2 healers.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 25, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah I just tried Kraken and pretty much the same thing. Seems like it's the thing to start off with two healers.

I did Kraken at 42s with a single healer (dived Eiko):

But yeah, you practically need a Mako Might on them since all of them use a fairly strong attack on turn 1 or 2 - none except Tiamat will kill you outright though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Washout posted:

Check with someone before pulling anything anywhere. I think you should save up 150 mithril for the FFT event that's coming soon.

Plus the fest a month or so after that.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I personally feel that a very new player should spread pulls across more banners instead of putting 3+ pulls into the same one, just because realm synergy is also super important. Us old-timers have no trouble getting at least native 5* in the hands of everyone on any team imaginable across every realm so have forgotten what it's like to have to rely on combined 3*++'s or worse.

One 11-draw each on the Water banner, III and FFT is probably going to go a lot further than 3 11-draws on FFT. Again, just my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for the help and detailed info. Appreciate it!

• Locked thread