Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Of all my options to lethally subdue a dangerous opponent, surely the least lethal will be most effective.

Has Banner ever had like, his throat slashed and managed to Hulk out and heal before it killed him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think he's been surprised by gunshot to the face and hulked out before he died. He's really loving hard to kill.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yep, Banner now has Peter's tendency to get knocked out.

mind the walrus posted:

Of all my options to lethally subdue a dangerous opponent, surely the least lethal will be most effective.

Has Banner ever had like, his throat slashed and managed to Hulk out and heal before it killed him?

The movie version said he tried to shoot himself but Hulk spits out the bullet afterwards.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Basically it's the Hulk wont let him die.

That's in the regular comics. In newspaper-land who knows.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MJ looks pretty happy about Conners new arm (and tail).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So far the colorist has managed to keep track of the color Connor's and Banner's pants, let's see how long that will last.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

The movie version said he tried to shoot himself but Hulk spits out the bullet afterwards.
Those were direct lifts from an early 00s miniseries by Azzarello entitled "Banner."

I mean like, the Wendigo or whomever slashes Banner in a fatal way, and he Hulks out before he has time to bleed out.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That is... one of the worst drawn Hulks I have ever seen. For a moment I wasn't sure if that topmost panel was a recolored racist caricature or what.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

While all this happens, Spider-Man watches, quipping with the closest nurse.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That is... one of the worst drawn Hulks I have ever seen. For a moment I wasn't sure if that topmost panel was a recolored racist caricature or what.

Looks like Corben who can be hit or miss

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Corben's an acquired taste

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think there was that Peter David written "final" Hulk issue where the Earth millions of years in the future has become an inhospitable wasteland populated only by giant cockroaches and the Hulk. Every so often Banner gets to come out and wish for death, but every time it looks like he might die the Hulk will return.

At the very end, Banner suffers a lethal heart attack but as he starts to collapse to the ground he changes back to the Hulk, who just grunts and walks away with a final line something along the lines of,"And now there would only be the Hulk."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I remember it. "Hulk: The End" I believe it's called.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Okay, I just had an idea and it's stupid enough to be real so I'm gonna go ahead and make a call.

Bruce Banner needs gamma radiation to turn into the hulk. They're going to blast him with an x-ray machine set to 11 to make him transform.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

look out, they're crashing into the SLAMM

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dr. Bruce Banner died in his sleep while sailing through the air.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Newspaper-verse is composed entirely of heroes with advanced cases of CTE

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
That is some wonky perspective

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the way he jumped is just going to add his weight and force to when banner's head hits the wall.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How are there still bystanders running away in-frame, you'd think they'd have cleared the building by now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still love that the original reason for Banner deciding he had no choice but to turn into the Hulk was because Spidey was down for the count. But Spider-Man was already up and chatting to the Doctor before Bruce even tried and failed to become the Hulk, and now he's apparently so fine that he's catching him in mid-air to save him.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The week and weekend artists are arguing over who's going to save the day.
"We need The Hulk!"
"Nuh-Uh, Spider-Man can cover this"
"NUH-UH"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jerusalem posted:

I still love that the original reason for Banner deciding he had no choice but to turn into the Hulk was because Spidey was down for the count. But Spider-Man was already up and chatting to the Doctor before Bruce even tried and failed to become the Hulk, and now he's apparently so fine that he's catching him in mid-air to save him.

He was trying to be nice and not mention Peter's absolute incompetence when dealing with, well, everything.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem posted:

Look, he's got Peter Parker blood in him now, it's only natural for him to get a little dumber.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it looks like spidey threw banner into the wall. good job?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

How are there still bystanders running away in-frame, you'd think they'd have cleared the building by now.

It's Miami. A methhead on PCP and bath salts throws people through walls on a daily basis. You can see Becky and Cheryl still at their desk working on charts a week after Lizard started his rampage.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the way he jumped is just going to add his weight and force to when banner's head hits the wall.

As one of my brother's college homework papers said, "note: Peter Parker was a chemistry whiz, not physics." He got to calculate Gewn Stacy's death.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Come on and SLAMMM

Banner into the SLAMMM

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spider-Man is very insistent that Banner converts to Islamm.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Banner is a wanted criminal, it's normal to throw him into the slammer if you catch him.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Please let this clumsy rescue attempt be what brings out the Hulk, now furious at Spider-Man.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Well, to be fair, that did happen almost a week ago by this panel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

welp they're both dead

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

In the words of a much better hero: gravity is a harsh mistress.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

roman the accuser body slams spidey into the rocks? he's fine

tiny baby man bruce banner falls on him? they're both dead

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh god that fuckin pose

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oh nooo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Mary Jane is becoming progressively more purple. Did SHE get a hulk blood transfusion?!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's so nice of Spidey to throw Banner to the side before passing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mary Jane: Oh no Spider-Man has fallen an-
Spider-Man gets up and starts chatting to the Doctor
Mary Jane: -d it looks like it's up to me to fight the Lizard!