Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Volkerball posted:

I'm expecting a country strong tackle that had his leg amputated because of a bear attack that happened three weeks before the draft.

imagine the feel good storyline on his recovery and redemption!

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

warcrimes posted:

It's that time of year where Raider goons and fans convince themselves a MLB is worth a high first round pick and that Big Red is gonna pull the trigger on him.

As someone that has read at least 3 mock drafts, I believe that we will draft Roquan Smith.

Does Gruden have more control over draft picks or is the structure still the same?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Uterine Lineup posted:

As someone that has read at least 3 mock drafts, I believe that we will draft Roquan Smith.

Does Gruden have more control over draft picks or is the structure still the same?

From what I've read/heard RM has always been collaborative with the coach on draft picks. Probably more so with Gruden. With Guenther as DC, this is my way-too-early-to-form-an-opinion choice that is probably the biggest upgrade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZmaTKEXIQ

e: Vita Vea

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 22, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Chiefs are the only team that beat both of the teams playing in the Superbowl this year.

:sigh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Again.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs need to spend their entire cap and draft on getting a new front seven. Chris Jones, Justin Houston and Reggie Ragland should stay but I don’t mind replacing the rest.

KCs biggest 2 problems this year were a soft run D and a nonexistent pass rush

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think if they get a first back from someone it should be

1. Corner
2. Linebacker
3. Defensive line.
4. Defensive end
5. Cameron Erving Sucks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

From what I've read/heard RM has always been collaborative with the coach on draft picks. Probably more so with Gruden. With Guenther as DC, this is my way-too-early-to-form-an-opinion choice that is probably the biggest upgrade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZmaTKEXIQ

e: Vita Vea

I really want Vea or Payne for the Chargers

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm still silently sacrificing children and virgins alike in the hopes that the Browns really do draft Josh Allen first. Kirk would be cool but I want to watch a QB grow up. Plus, it's cheaper so we can spend money elsewhere.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

I think if they get a first back from someone it should be

1. Corner
2. Linebacker
3. Defensive line.
4. Defensive end
5. Cameron Erving Sucks

My list is just DE/DT/OLB. As many of them as possible. The Eagles DL rotation has like 5 players better than any single Chiefs DL, it’s the weakest group by far and makes it impossible for our secondary to do anything. No one along the DL can get a double team besides Houston, and no one can beat a single man besides once again Houston and occasionally Chris Jones.

It doesn’t help at all that our DC is a senile dipshit who refuses to stunt/twist DL or even consistently use Houston as a pass rusher , but looks like we are stuck with him again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd say the offseason is long in regards to Sutton and in regards to the DL I feel like effective players can be taken outside the first pick. The good corners go quick though, that's why if we get a first for Smith my preference is to draft corner with it.

You know, a guy who can tackle. Carlton Davis is my dream selection.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

I really want Vea or Payne for the Chargers

Payne is a stud, too.

I guess my top 5 needs for the Raiders are:

1. Interior D-lineman. Someone who can push the pocket.
2. CB. Raiders are likely losing their top 3 CBs. I expect an FA signing and a high pick rookie. 1st/2nd round.
3. OT. Penn has been a pro bowler for us but is getting old. Time to groom his replacement
4. LB. This could move up if Bowman doesn't re-sign. We have some young guys that shined at times but got injured. I'd like to see what a good coach can do with Cory James, Marquel Lee and Morrow.
5. RB. Oakland needs a heavy load RB for when Lynch retires, which could be now or next year for sure.

I have no problem if say, a Minkah Fitzpatrick or Soquan Barkley falls and the Raiders grab one of these guys instead. I'm firmly in the draft talent over need if a stud falls.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'd agree with Pron that the Chiefs just need front 7 help any way they can get it. Draft, FA, whatever. Peters is a stud and while the rest of the secondary isn't top shelf, i'd wager they would look a lot better with a front that could actually get after the QB and stop the run. Berry is also coming back from injury and that also helps a ton.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man I hope Berry doesn't come back slower.

Justin Houston had 22 sacks with Bob Sutton once. We can't blame it all on him. We need players.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah if you give Bob Sutton a ton of good players he'll manage a good defense. When Houston had 22 sacks was when Hali was still playing 16 games at a high level, and our DL had younger-and-better versions of Jaye Howard, Dontari Poe and Allen Bailey. Howard in particular had a great 2014 season and I was kinda hoping he'd break out after it. This year's DL just sucked.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Basically no one in the Chiefs defensive front improved at all from 2016 to 2017, most of them actually regressed. The lone exception is Ragland and he was playing out of scheme in 2016

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

warcrimes posted:

Payne is a stud, too.

2. CB. Raiders are likely losing their top 3 CBs. I expect an FA signing and a high pick rookie. 1st/2nd round.
3. OT. Penn has been a pro bowler for us but is getting old. Time to groom his replacement
4. LB. This could move up if Bowman doesn't re-sign. We have some young guys that shined at times but got injured. I'd like to see what a good coach can do with Cory James, Marquel Lee and Morrow.
5. RB. Oakland needs a heavy load RB for when Lynch retires, which could be now or next year for sure.

I have no problem if say, a Minkah Fitzpatrick or Soquan Barkley falls and the Raiders grab one of these guys instead. I'm firmly in the draft talent over need if a stud falls.

Isn't Sharpe supposed to be hopefully/maybe taking over for Penn eventually? I can't remember how he did when he got a bunch of snaps at the end of the year. I don't remember anything horrible so it couldn't have been that bad.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Black Sunshine posted:

Isn't Sharpe supposed to be hopefully/maybe taking over for Penn eventually? I can't remember how he did when he got a bunch of snaps at the end of the year. I don't remember anything horrible so it couldn't have been that bad.

Sharpe got abused a bit in one game but otherwise was solid. With everything that was going on, I almost can't judge anyone's performance on offense. I should probably switch RB and OT, though. Good point.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/mattverderame/status/950833114078736384

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

Payne is a stud, too.

Why did Oakland never try and resign Perry Riley?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Check out the end zone view:

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/950834501504131077

And one second after the snap

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/950834982976655360

Although this is only one play, we could find a bunch of the same goddamned thing that happened the entire season if we wanted to. And Sutton is not getting fired because....

e: Haha, God bless Terrance Mitchell doing whatever he's doing trying to get past the left tackle there

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 25, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Terez A. Paylor

@TerezPaylor

I talked to Andy Reid today, and yes folks, the Chiefs are retaining defensive coordinator Bob Sutton:

quote:

“There’s nothing going on there,” Reid said, when asked directly if Sutton will return as defensive coordinator. “I know everybody has their opinion on everything, just like they did when they wanted me to bench Alex. That turned out pretty good.

“So (replacing Sutton) is not where I’m at or have ever been. I don’t listen to any of that. I do what I think is right for the Kansas City Chiefs.”

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I barely know what the actual term Dime means but I'm pretty sure I could spend the offseason studying defense and do better than Bob Sutton.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Werthers is gonna be the undoing of Andy Reid in KC.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

Why did Oakland never try and resign Perry Riley?

injuries.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/956909059029991425

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
One Brian Callahan plz

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/958530700755521541

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How does Andy keep loving snyder? First McNabb, now Smith? I hope we get Andy in on the super bowl parade :3:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I stared real hard at that tweet to make sure it came from the real Ian Rapoport

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Kendall Fuller is pretty drat good. This is a great trade

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Kendall Fuller is pretty drat good. This is a great trade

It's a big win for the drat Chefs

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I wouldn't be upset if we picked up Kirk Cousins. Elway I know you follow this thread, please take note.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Happy trade fleece day!

I spent 45 minutes laying on the stretching mat at the gym staring at my phone in utter amazement.

Fuller is real real real good and more valuable than a first round pick. gently caress I am so happy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm happy Alex Smith is out of the drat AFC.

Mahomes might be better (time will tell) but if he is, if rather get beaten the way he plays than bullshit Alex Smith dink and dunk boring football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Now let's just hope Cousins stays away from Denver.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wouldn't worry about it because according to the N/V thread Kirk Cousins is bad :grin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

I wouldn't worry about it because according to the N/V thread Kirk Cousins is bad :grin:

He is.

Just not compared to what's in Denver

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rams Chiefs in Mexico next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted: