Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I'm the second ghost post

this fixed it for me. back to one invisible post the way it's meant to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Is this...is this a Trump alien!?
e:This is weird in all the right ways
The best fanfic ever

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 25, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Need the sound of the scooter for my ringtone

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Duchovny is having so much fun with this lunacy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Where they taking Reggie?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

what just happened

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So who the gently caress was that guy in the courtyard who met with Mulder?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Polygynous posted:

what just happened

Perfection.

I actually got bummed when the preview for next week came on and it was more William poo poo.

At this point, the X-Files should turn into a parody of itself, it's much better that way.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Polygynous posted:

what just happened

Darin Morgan wrote an episode of television where he got shot in the head.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Sepinwall interviewed Darin Morgan about tonight's episode

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
6-for-6

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Not counting Blood?

(I guess, technically it's just a script credit rather than a full blown writing credit.)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Not counting Blood?

(I guess, technically it's just a script credit rather than a full blown writing credit.)

Yeah, he's got a 'story by' on that and it's a great episode, but leave some glory for everyone else.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hey, wait just a drat minute.

Video of the Soy Bomb incident absolutely exists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0k7rKsCiLg

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Darin got me when he commited a literal death of the author there :v:

I still think Were-monster was better though. This one works as a great farewell, however.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I actually think I liked this better than Were-Monster, though obviously both are great and top-tier for the series as a whole. There was just so much going on here in so many directions and I loved each and every one of them. Big tip of the hat to Morgan for actually tying this in with references in prior episodes so well, too.

Best part, I watched this with my girlfriend who has never been too interested in watching Twilight Zone, but she let me put on two episodes immediately after, so hopefully I made a convert.

Wasn't a picture of Reggie shown in some FBI memo earlier this season? Or is that just me suffering from the Mengele Effect?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I initially put this below Were-monster, but I've been thinking more and more about the episode and it might be my favorite.

The Trump stuff is hilarious but also kind of terrifying since, as they stated several times, we really are in a world where truth means different things to different people.

I'm going to have to let this one stir in my brain a bit; there's a LOT going on. Nostalgia, lies and truth, and the whole fact that conspiracies today are 100% crazier than they were during the X-files initial run. Great stuff for sure, and I loved the ending so much.

This whole season has been knocking it out of the park. If it ends, at least it's going out with a really strong season.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I can't believe Darin got away with that poster :allears:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

I initially put this below Were-monster, but I've been thinking more and more about the episode and it might be my favorite.

The Trump stuff is hilarious but also kind of terrifying since, as they stated several times, we really are in a world where truth means different things to different people.

Yes this whole episode was brilliant. We're seeing it play out right now in real time.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 25, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chairman Capone posted:

Wasn't a picture of Reggie shown in some FBI memo earlier this season? Or is that just me suffering from the Mengele Effect?

It was in the episode with Langley's ghost.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ignis posted:

I can't believe Darin got away with that poster :allears:

That's a real poster. That slogan was on tons of buttons and placards.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Goddamn that episode was great. Darin Morgan got those sweet rear end purple lights hanging around and actually made a legit nice looking piece of TV. Not to mention funny as hell.

I also loved the montage as a little nod to Carters insane montage from the beginning of season 10. Very good. Tremendous episode. Bigly

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

This would have been the perfect series finale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I ain’t watching any more so that’s what it is to me.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

"Were-monster" and this episode should have made up the entirety of Seasons 10 and 11.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Binary Logic posted:

Need the sound of the scooter for my ringtone

It was The Jetsons car sound, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWswvLPdE0

Open Source Idiom posted:

She's a principal part, and they're typically given one or two word descriptors that relate to their role on the show, like "Creepy Man" or "Eager Customer".

My favourite credit of all time was "Handjob Girl" but I can't remember what film that was from at the moment (it was a "real" film though).

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 25, 2018

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It was The Jetsons car sound, but I wouldn't be surprised if the sound sample they actually used came from Futurama.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I like that the last couple of years have been so loving bonkers that it got Darin Morgan to sympathize with Mulder.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
DARIN MORGAN RULES

that was the perfect ode to conspiracies, just like the weremonster was the perfect ode to motws

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
True Fact: I am enjoying season 11.

The last episode was hilarious!

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

Darin Morgan please write all future episodes forever thank you bless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm 17 minutes in and so far this fricking owns

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yup, this episode was great. Need more like this and last week's, kick the mytharc to the curb.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

So Morgan is rightly lauded for writing some of the best episodes of anything ever, but apart from the X Files, he hasn't really done much, even in this age of endless great TV. What's up with that?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Junkenstein posted:

So Morgan is rightly lauded for writing some of the best episodes of anything ever, but apart from the X Files, he hasn't really done much, even in this age of endless great TV. What's up with that?

I've got a bunch of theories, but as far as I know nothing's come out about him.

He was a producer on the first half of Fringe's first season, never submitted a script, and then vanished from the show. He penned a pair of scripts for a kid's show (Tower Prep) that aren't his usual fair -- they're actually kind of mediocre. And he worked on Intruders with his brother, his sister-in-law and his brother's long term writing partner, but in a largely collaborative fashion that meant his individual contributions were subsumed into the whole.

(Like most, if not all, Morgan/Wong collaborations, Intruders is totally worth watching. It's got James Frain and Millie Bob Brown, and veers between being uncomfortably weird and weirdly hilarious. Something of a minor gem.)

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup, this episode was great. Need more like this and last week's, kick the mytharc to the curb.

Every time a friend starts watching X-Files, I tell them to let me know at what point they start hating the Conspiracy episodes. I've watched the series too many times to be objective, and already know it leads nowhere.

This wasn't as good as Were-Monster in my opinion but I still laughed really loving hard when the revised intro sequence came on, and all the revised history bits were twice as sweet since Carter just did that unironically in My Struggle III. I could have watched a whole hour of them. Then Skinner steals the whole episode with one line.
I have to wonder how Carter really feels about the episode. Like, as a (albeit very latecoming) superfan I can't not laugh at the episode busting the balls of a show that often gets so far up its own rear end it can see daylight, but Carter's the one who pushed it there... but at the same time the show's always taken time out to be deliberately goofy.

On another note, is Lone Gunmen worth buying? Am I correct in assuming it's basically "like the X-Files but every episode is one of the more tongue-in-cheek ones" or what?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

On another note, is Lone Gunmen worth buying? Am I correct in assuming it's basically "like the X-Files but every episode is one of the more tongue-in-cheek ones" or what?

If only. It's pretty bad, but I do remember that the Tango episode was fun. But do check out the two seasons of Millennium if you want something similar to some of the darker X-Files. (With two more Darin Morgan episodes in season 2.)

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 26, 2018

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
That last one was loving great.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The guy on the Witness protection screen looked familiar. Anyone know if he's from the series before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I just finished this weeks episode. :perfect:

• Locked thread