Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Not sure what I am watching yet. Probably Futureman or Runaways. I caught a couple episodes of Futureman while in Panama and liked it. Also, it weird seeing Netflix and Hulu originals on TV down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Anybody got any great ideas to kill a migraine hangover? I can't seem to shake mine and I'd like to eat today

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Marijuana

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That used to be the answer, but sadly can't anymore.

Incidentally, gently caress anyone and everyone that helps keep that poo poo illegal god drat

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

I don't like pho but I like making a big batch of "sumo pot" which is kind of the same thing and freezing it and I want to try and make my own kombucha.

It's interesting to read the different discussions regarding the judge's behaviour in her statement after sentencing in the Nasser case.

As I've always understood it, or at least perceived it. The judge in their capacity exists to ensure justice is done fairly and efficiently until the verdict is found and then it is quite literally their job to pass judgement. In terms of their statement to the guilty following the trial theyre a representative of the state or in Australia "the crown" and most definitely within their rights to make comment on the heinousness of the crimes and their sense of righteousness in sentencing.

In broader terms isn't that why judge's are always supposed to be experienced, wise and capable and hence meant to make those kinds of statements as in representing society's willingness to punish wrong doing, deter potential criminals and seek retribution for the victims etc?

At least in the Australian system punishment for offenses is based off three things.

Rehabilitation
Deterrence
Retribution

I've never seen it as an effort to have a monopoly on violence because they don't. There's laws that very much protect your right to be violent under certain circumstances.

You're a former prison colony, of course the state could never have a monopoly on violence

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Anybody got any great ideas to kill a migraine hangover? I can't seem to shake mine and I'd like to eat today

Hello my speciality. Lights off. Sounds off. Caffeine, 800 MG ibuprofen, hot shower. Steam up the bathroom and stand under that hot rear end water.

E: lots of water. Also a nice warm mug of chicken broth.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tomorrow's interview is loving with me so of course the lady I'm trying to get with wants to hang tonight after I cancel on my bowling team. Just leave me alone until after I move on Sunday world I got too much poo poo going on!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

You're a former prison colony, of course the state could never have a monopoly on violence

Your country was settled by "waste people" and you elected Donald loving Trump.

You can't ever look down on a colony founded by people fighting the man after that fam.

Is this carbon something show with Robocop/dude from house of cards going to be any good? I keep seeing trailers for it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

Not sure what I am watching yet. Probably Futureman or Runaways. I caught a couple episodes of Futureman while in Panama and liked it. Also, it weird seeing Netflix and Hulu originals on TV down there.

If you haven't seen it go watch Party Down right now

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tomorrow's interview is loving with me so of course the lady I'm trying to get with wants to hang tonight after I cancel on my bowling team. Just leave me alone until after I move on Sunday world I got too much poo poo going on!!!!

Getting laid will relax you.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

I really enjoyed the new Dirk Gently series, but it’s also pretty drat weird, takes a few episodes to get going, and may not be to everyone’s taste.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Thaddius the Large posted:

I really enjoyed the new Dirk Gently series, but it’s also pretty drat weird, takes a few episodes to get going, and may not be to everyone’s taste.

How does that compare to the books?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Your country was settled by "waste people" and you elected Donald loving Trump.

You can't ever look down on a colony founded by people fighting the man after that fam.

Is this carbon something show with Robocop/dude from house of cards going to be any good? I keep seeing trailers for it.

God dammit, Donald Trump has made it so I can't even poo poo on Australia anymore without getting an immediate and deserved clap back. The Brits still have a worse historical legacy, right?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

The Brits still have a worse historical legacy, right?

Probably just because they've had more time to work on it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

catastrophe imo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

catastrophe imo

But enough about Case Keenum

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Probably just because they've had more time to work on it.

And we're part of it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

I mean, yeah he's done a lot of dumb stuff but tldr. But at least he got banned from Bumble:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bumble_app/status/956255339195912192

Update:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/956297659991588864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

lol eat poo poo

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 25, 2018

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

How does that compare to the books?

As with most Adams adaptations, they’re almost entirely unrelated, beyond a few passing references Dirk makes to some incident with Thor. Still, it captures a certain surreal, frenetic energy that works really well for me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

God dammit, Donald Trump has made it so I can't even poo poo on Australia anymore without getting an immediate and deserved clap back. The Brits still have a worse historical legacy, right?

Yeah but they stopped having crazy people as their head of state a few hundred years ago.

Well... relatively.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Wait he still has a verified account?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Double update

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/katienotopoulos/jack-posobiec-bumble?utm_term=.cpoPZOLpL&__twitter_impression=true

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Thaddius the Large posted:

As with most Adams adaptations, they’re almost entirely unrelated, beyond a few passing references Dirk makes to some incident with Thor. Still, it captures a certain surreal, frenetic energy that works really well for me.

Fair enough

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm a little surprise Thome was first ballot, I thought he was only an SAS sweetheart thanks to The Dugout

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

I'm a little surprise Thome was first ballot, I thought he was only an SAS sweetheart thanks to The Dugout

Ok I don't follow baseball, but it blows my mind that he is only just now eligible. I remember him from when I was in elementary school.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flikken posted:

Ok I don't follow baseball, but it blows my mind that he is only just now eligible. I remember him from when I was in elementary school.

Yeah, he played for 22 years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This was the "espn covers ron jaworski reporting colin kaepernick is a top five qb" of right wing conspiracies

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/956336767384408069

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I guess 600 home runs and for whatever reason escaping being associated with steroids baselessly like Bagwell was gets you in first ballot?

I think he's deserving of course, but he did only make 5 all star games (which seems insane that it was that low).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm guessing those photos aren't from any publicly accessible social media account so the only explanation is someone hacked his phone

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

god dammit i just got cancelled for work tonight

ive got like 8 cups of coffee in me

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

god dammit i just got cancelled for work tonight

ive got like 8 cups of coffee in me

go and game in peace my son

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hit the gym & get swole. Then go to sleep.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/956338223709544448

Hot Diggity! posted:

go and game in peace my son

yeah time to play some dota i guess

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hit the gym & get swole. Then go to sleep.

already worked out today. 10 minute front squat emom up to 345

then

7 rounds
30 seconds Assault Bike Calories
30 seconds rest
30 seconds Front Squat 135
30 seconds rest
30 seconds Strict Pullup
30 seconds rest

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Intruder posted:

Chipper managed only one WS title with the best three man rotation in baseball history, he sucked

:colbert:

yes

larry sucks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

say what you want about chipper and that hooter's girl, but he made an honest woman of her and put a ring on it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/956345049792606209

can't wait for the next penn state-michigan state football game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/956345049792606209

can't wait for the next penn state-michigan state football game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
holey moley

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01/man-convicted-for-renting-out-diseased-human-heads-cut-with-chainsaws/#p3

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Excedrin Migraine works pretty well for dispelling headaches IMO. It has caffeine which one goon already recommended.

FizFashizzle posted:

already worked out today. 10 minute front squat emom up to 345

then

7 rounds
30 seconds Assault Bike Calories
30 seconds rest
30 seconds Front Squat 135
30 seconds rest
30 seconds Strict Pullup
30 seconds rest

Fiz (or other goons) what exercises can I do to get better at pullups in addition to just doing pullups. I am a little baby when it comes to pullups to the point that I don't feel like I'm actually getting better at them by doing them.

E: Also today was my last day in our old office building and now that I'll be working in our corporate HQ I have to look like I'm actually doing work, RIP me

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Since they state that you rent the head, you have to send it back? How many uses can a head get before you have to toss it?