Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

$5-$10 USD.

* NOT DLC, NOT PRICE GOUGING. 100% PURE FIDELITY GAMEPLAY

in stock

God help me I'm pretty sure I bought some of that poo poo with the 10k UEC they gave us all :suicide:

e: taxxeman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

$5-$10 USD.

* NOT DLC, NOT PRICE GOUGING. 100% PURE FIDELITY GAMEPLAY

in stock

Still selling that IKEA™ lamp, it seems.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Sooo... it's Tacoma.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

BluesShaman posted:

Sooo... it's Tacoma.

yes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

AbsoluteLlama posted:

Yeah I was using the open source engine. I can agree in rating them about the same. I just personally enjoyed TIE Fighter more. Freespace has more interesting mechanics in some ways (but it's also a few years newer). Diaspora is already on my short list to play (still having fun with TIE Fighter!).

Can we stop talking about bad games like Star Citizen? Anybody here play good truckin' games like ETS2 that are actually fun instead of tedious and broken? Could mod all the textures to be space-y and it'd already be better than Star Citizen.

Yeah, I think it's a case of what it comes down to more. I'm just a weird person who divorces how much I enjoy something from whether I think it's good or not. :v:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

God help me I'm pretty sure I bought some of that poo poo with the 10k UEC they gave us all :suicide:

"I'll buy the upgrade bench that'll be useful!"

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

With my brotherral code you could have buy 15k UEC of it. You and your dog and cat would be happier, stronger and more fertile.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Think different, think pledge.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

We are the 'verse
We are the commandos
So let's start rubbing

Legal
Jan 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

The Streetroller case is not one of them.

We need to talk.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Zzr posted:

We are the 'verse
We are the commandos
So let's start rubbing

Krapwerk

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Legal posted:

We need to talk.

I'm sure making a declaration on Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizen: Trouble With Dreams is going to be the best way to go about that.

Dumb and boring.

Legal
Jan 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

I'm sure making a declaration on Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizen: Trouble With Dreams is going to be the best way to go about that.

Dumb and boring.

I didn't ask you.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Somebody please make it stop

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Legal posted:

I didn't ask you.

It was pro bono.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Whos the thumb next to Jack Skellington?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Legal posted:

I didn't ask you.

You asked my alt and another of my alt answered you. If you can't keep the count of them, get a SA refund.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

what the gently caress coffee machines cost 90k

I don't even think the RSI monstrosity cost that? even like 3-4 holer expresso machines you're hardpressed to spend more than 30k on one?

I know it's just repetition, but I hate it that people on reddit are so divorced from the truth that they just say whatever the gently caress sounds good.

e: also Sandi looks like she has 8 fingers on each hand in that shot. can she do anythign naturally?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Zzr posted:

You asked my alt and another of my alt answered you. If you can't keep the count of them, get a SA refund.

Please don't doxx me.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

If you want a list or need any legal advice, just send a pm to my principal account, D_Smart. I'm well-informed in any future and present lawsuits against CIG/RSI/15others.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Meridian posted:

Please don't doxx me.

Self-doxx is no doxx.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

[removed]

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sandi is looking rough these days.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Meridian posted:

It was pro bono.

You have a hatebono

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Jeffrey McArthur passed away on Friday in Exton PA, aged 61.

An avid gamer and geek through and through, Jeffrey was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer in December 2015 and came to our attention early in 2016 when he made a video asking if he "was too stupid to play Star Citizen", which resulted in him facing abuse from some of the more toxic members of the SC fanbase.

After undergoing surgery and chemotherapy, a CT scan in July 2016 showed his cancer to be gone, and he continued working and making many videos on his hobbies, gaming, computers, and Dungeons & Dragons.

In August this year, another CT scan showed his colon cancer had returned and spread, eventually metastasizing to his stomach. With a prognosis of only a 50% chance of surviving to the end of the year, Jeffrey decided not to undergo chemotherapy again, chosing to enjoy what time he had left to live without suffering the side effects that chemo had on his senses.

Jeffrey faced his death with immense grace and dignity, and I am very grateful to him for sharing his story with us along the way.

Rest in peace, Jeffrey.

Jeffrey's tribute to his late wife Jeannine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VmFNM97DRs

Jeffrey's video about the cancer returning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBhQe_qSavI

Jeffrey's last video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYWQ86QQ-0Q

I had watched his last video and I knew he wouldn't last more than a week or two.

Seriously disturbing and upsetting. gently caress cancer.

Also holy poo poo that he was 61... I was thinking more like around 50. Jesus Christ I'm almost 50. :(

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

SoftNum posted:

what the gently caress coffee machines cost 90k

I don't even think the RSI monstrosity cost that? even like 3-4 holer expresso machines you're hardpressed to spend more than 30k on one?

I know it's just repetition, but I hate it that people on reddit are so divorced from the truth that they just say whatever the gently caress sounds good.

e: also Sandi looks like she has 8 fingers on each hand in that shot. can she do anythign naturally?

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 25, 2018

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
In Steam news, this looks p good

https://store.steampowered.com/app/776740

Edit: PLEASE make sure to turn up the volume

Toops fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 25, 2018

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

AbsoluteLlama posted:

Can we stop talking about bad games like Star Citizen? Anybody here play good truckin' games like ETS2 that are actually fun instead of tedious and broken? Could mod all the textures to be space-y and it'd already be better than Star Citizen.

Funny you should mention. Just the other day I got much too high, and the next day I discovered that some fiend had hacked into my Steam account and purchased American Truck Simulator. Perhaps it was even YOU that did the deed, AbsoluteLlama!

Anyway, haven’t played it much, but I do find it strangely satisfying and almost therapeutic. That, plus that fact that the game plus six pieces of DLC cost fourteen bucks, and it’s an actual game that exists which you can play nets it four out of five Parps.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

trucutru posted:

One feet on ice? Yeah, he would break it. Jumping and landing butt-first? Nope, the force would be distributed over too large an area.

Plus you'd have to allow for the laws of elastic potential energy F = kx, where x is the displacement and k is the spring constant.
So there could be a very good chance that the neighbours garden shed may suddenly disappear.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I played some of Angels Fall First and that is absolutely a space game with ground and space and vehicles combat. It was even playable, unlike any game Derek Smart has ever released! I had.... "fun" which seems impossible to think of!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

So I played some of Angels Fall First and that is absolutely a space game with ground and space and vehicles combat. It was even playable, unlike any game Derek Smart has ever released! I had.... "fun" which seems impossible to think of!

My schedule is absolutely slammed right at present but once I have a little breathing room to consider playing video games Angels Fall First is a title I plan to explore. I was a tremendous fan of Planetside 2 back in the day and am really looking forward to the possibility of scratching that itch.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dusty Lens posted:

My schedule is absolutely slammed right at present but once I have a little breathing room to consider playing video games Angels Fall First is a title I plan to explore. I was a tremendous fan of Planetside 2 back in the day and am really looking forward to the possibility of scratching that itch.

It feels like a dated Planetside 2, at least on the ground maps. The space maps are pretty chaotic and fun with the size difference of ships available.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

It feels like a dated Planetside 2, at least on the ground maps. The space maps are pretty chaotic and fun with the size difference of ships available.

The Battlefront 2 meets Planetside mess in space is where I figured the unique fun is at. Planetside 2 has been refining their ground game for so long that I doubt anyone will be catching up anytime soon even if that brand of gameplay was popular at the moment.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

[removed]

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"Still got lots of time" is not how I would characterise development four years past when the director said it would be ridiculous not to end by while the company is being taken to big boy court over multiple breaches of its engine licensing.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
If there's one thing CiG has shown time and time again, it's that if there's a problem in games that the industry has basically solved, they re-invent it and arrive at a solution that's 10 times worse in every way and call it break through tech.

Seperate players who want only PvE from players who want PvP? Nah, we're going to put a slider on that poo poo and make what should be a binary black and white thing into a weird ambiguous bunch of greyness.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Rudager posted:

If there's one thing CiG has shown time and time again, it's that if there's a problem in games that the industry has basically solved, they re-invent it and arrive at a solution that's 10 times worse in every way and call it break through tech.

Seperate players who want only PvE from players who want PvP? Nah, we're going to put a slider on that poo poo and make what should be a binary black and white thing into a weird ambiguous bunch of greyness.

Star Citizen : Greyness Awaits.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
So I think I've found Star Citizen's Achilles heel. The secret hex that will tilt their stumbles from crisis to crisis, accelerating them into an ultimate flaming dumpster dive.

It's Britishness:

• Chris Roberts is the nexus of everything that's wrong with Star Citizen. Chris Roberts was raised in Manchester.

• SQ42's pursuit of UK tax breaks has helped catalyse the potentially-crippling Crytek lawsuit.

• Elite Dangerous looks like it might, just might, become the expansively dull space job simulator that SC aspires to be, stealing their thunder and long-term aspirations.

• Derek Smart was raised in Watford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JulesTheHoolz/status/956393278718423040