Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/956331241367834625

And then, to no one's surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/SallyBundockBBC/status/956523778661650433?s=17

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

How is it that dating sites/apps are the one form of social media that's actually serious about banning nazis?

actual skin in the game...

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

lol?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Jikes posted:

What are the odds that Donnie Boy will do the smart thing and

lol

he can't help himself, he thinks he's the smartest, bestest person and they all work for him. I suppose there's a chance he might recognize the danger and listen to his attorneys if they brought their A game that day, but I honestly don't think he has the self-restraint or patience to keep it up.

But we're talking about a guy who loses attention in morning briefings to such an extent they made color maps with his name on it to get him to focus. He can't give a speech half the time without going off book. He won't shut up about himself in talks with the British Prime Minister. Mueller & Co. might readily use that.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Letter to the editor today in my paper

quote:

I had a surprising health care epiphany

Several months ago I was diagnosed with a serious illness and, although I consider myself financially comfortable and have medical insurance, I couldn’t stop from wondering if this illness was going to become too much of a burden for me and my family. Suddenly, on the way to the hospital I had a moral epiphany: Shouldn’t all human beings in this great country be entitled to some level of medical care?

Yes, I confess, I voted for Trump and want little government intrusion into my life. Please God in heaven help me; on this issue of health care did it take a life threatening disease to make me side with the Democrats?

All it took was having something bad happening to me to make me realize that maybe we should try taking care of everyone.

Click the link to see exactly who you expect to see.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

pretty fun that in his dementia brain the last person he hates is Hillary Clinton and he will go on and on about her until he dies. Also that oath thing was really weird, he sounded so angry

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Nocheez posted:

All it took was having something bad happening to me to make me realize that maybe we should try taking care of everyone.

Here's a gem from that page

quote:

Must we use such divisive language?
I keep hearing talk about “people of color.” I understand it refers to those who are not white. But when did white stop being a color? I think referring to groups of people by color promotes divisiveness, not diversity.

RODGER PARKER, HUNTERSVILLE

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Nocheez posted:

Every name on that page could have been auto generated from a "stereotypical white shithead" name database

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nocheez posted:

This tweet will never stop being relevant
https://twitter.com/cavalorn/status/654934442549620736?lang=en

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

He's probably saying to himself "Wait, this isn't a rally in support of Betsy?!"

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

This man looks very excited to be there

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

mono posted:

This is a man who misses his teleprompter.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

McNutty posted:

Every name on that page could have been auto generated from a "stereotypical white shithead" name database

Dear Editor:

Recently, the local Old Country Buffet closed. Many of my friends and I would attend after Church on Sundays, and it was always very busy. So I don't understand why it closed.

In its place, they built yet another ethnic restaurant, this time a Korean restaurant. Our neighborhood has no Asians I've ever seen, so I don't understand this?

Trump won our county by a wide margin, so why are they fighting the will of the people on this? Please bring back Old Country Buffet. I would also like to see you get some more conservative voices in your Opinions page. We Christians are being persecuted and nobody listens to us any more! I don't care to hear the opinion of some of your more "liberal" staff members, such as the man who suggested Universal Health Care. Perhaps you should check his paperwork, he doesn't seem very American to me.

Thanks,

Elaine Bigsby

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mono posted:

I love where May admitted that she can't talk to Trump over the phone because he never lets her get a word in.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

I;m thinking about thos Big Macs

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CommieGIR posted:

I love where May admitted that she can't talk to Trump over the phone because he never lets her get a word in.

In his defense, I wouldn't either.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dissapointed Owl posted:

In his defense, I wouldn't either.

Me neither, but I doubt Trump is doing anything other than talking about his latest McDonald's meal rather than filling the empty space with cultivation of diplomatic ties.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

He says peace and all I can hear is piss.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

The more I think about it and what Schumer said on the topic on Rachel Maddow's interview, the more I think the actual Dem strategy is to let it implode and let DACA recipients start getting deported to make everybody really sorry for voting R.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/schumer-undaunted-by-shutdown-s-shortcomings-on-daca-goals-1144170051889

I can see how they might think it'd be effective to do this but it also takes about 800k future D voters and says gently caress You and Everyone Who Looks Like You

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

CommieGIR posted:

Me neither, but I doubt Trump is doing anything other than talking about his latest McDonald's meal rather than filling the empty space with cultivation of diplomatic ties.

Nobody does diplomatic ties better than me, Donald Trump the president. I've got huge ties. See this red one? Huge. Yuuuuge. Hillary never wore ties. Can you imagine? Thank God she's not here she'd totally botch this. I use mine as a napkin to wipe big Mac sauce of my face. Do you have those here? Eric where's Eric? Come on up here get us a couple of big Macs for my friend here. What you say your name was? Which country is that from? Do they have Mc Donald's there? It was named after me. The president. Can you believe it?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

The Archaic posted:

Nobody does diplomatic ties better than me, Donald Trump the president. I've got huge ties. See this red one? Huge. Yuuuuge. Hillary never wore ties. Can you imagine? Thank God she's not here she'd totally botch this. I use mine as a napkin to wipe big Mac sauce of my face. Do you have those here? Eric where's Eric? Come on up here get us a couple of big Macs for my friend here. What you say your name was? Which country is that from? Do they have Mc Donald's there? It was named after me. The president. Can you believe it?

If you want to do this gimmick you have to stop doing discrete sentences and using all those terminal punctuations. Like, everything should be commas.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CommieGIR posted:

In his defense, so would I.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don’t think you’re using the saying correctly.

Krinkle posted:

Do you.... think that selling ice to an eskimo is an easy thing to do?

That’s what I get for late night postin’ :classiclol: trump couldn’t sell water to a dying man. When I think of good businessmen, I think of Brian Dennehy in Tommy Boy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Look at this great crowd here.
Deevohs.
Very international.
You know, it's very important to be international that's something I've always said. Extremely national. You know I got more international votes than anyone in history? It's true.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

The more I think about it and what Schumer said on the topic on Rachel Maddow's interview, the more I think the actual Dem strategy is to let it implode and let DACA recipients start getting deported to make everybody really sorry for voting R.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/schumer-undaunted-by-shutdown-s-shortcomings-on-daca-goals-1144170051889

I can see how they might think it'd be effective to do this but it also takes about 800k future D voters and says gently caress You and Everyone Who Looks Like You

You might be right, but I think there's an important caveat- The Democrats don't have any good options.

https://twitter.com/Popi2u/status/955920578405421056

The House Republicans, especially the Freedom Caucus, are rejecting any DACA agreement in thrall to their natavist base. The Democrats don't have the votes in the House, and Senate Democrats can only do so much because they also lack the votes in their chamber as well. You'd think Republicans, especially those with a pro-business, libertarian bent or ties to the Chamber of Commerce or the Cato Institute, would want cheap labor or to encourage skilled immigrants; or failing that recognize the sense of supporting something that has 87% support among Americans, or even just out of some simple morality (they were kids when they were brought here, what kind of person are you if in favor of abandoning children?)

But the Republicans taught their base that any action on immigration is "amnesty" and their racist, xenophobic base would be outraged, and they might lose votes so nothing gets done.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Thank Christ for Steve Scalise's mangled cock.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

"Negotiators have already agreed to a massive boost to the Pentagon’s budget. While the figures are still in flux, multiple sources say Congress would raise military spending by at least $70 billion above the caps for fiscal 2018 and $80 billion in fiscal 2019...That huge increase, much more than the White House’s most recent budget request, would deliver assurance to the GOP’s long-suffering defense hawks who have grudgingly voted for four short-term funding bills this fiscal year alone."

Ah. The long-suffering defense hawks.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mono posted:

gently caress, is he turning into Angela Merkel?

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Kumo posted:

You might be right, but I think there's an important caveat- The Democrats don't have any good options.

https://twitter.com/Popi2u/status/955920578405421056

The House Republicans, especially the Freedom Caucus, are rejecting any DACA agreement in thrall to their natavist base. The Democrats don't have the votes in the House, and Senate Democrats can only do so much because they also lack the votes in their chamber as well. You'd think Republicans, especially those with a pro-business, libertarian bent or ties to the Chamber of Commerce or the Cato Institute, would want cheap labor or to encourage skilled immigrants; or failing that recognize the sense of supporting something that has 87% support among Americans, or even just out of some simple morality (they were kids when they were brought here, what kind of person are you if in favor of abandoning children?)

But the Republicans taught their base that any action on immigration is "amnesty" and their racist, xenophobic base would be outraged, and they might lose votes so nothing gets done.

Gee, kinda seems like maybe they shouldn't have ended the shutdown then. Do you get tired of being an apologist?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

Look at this great crowd here.
Deevohs.
Very international.
You know, it's very important to be international that's something I've always said. Extremely national. You know I got more international votes than anyone in history? It's true.

Maybe he thought it was a Devo concert?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dav-ohse. Wow, this is a great place, great time. Beautiful city you have here, did you know that? I'm here today to let everyone know just how spectacular America is doing, really great stuff going on there. Here, too, with me here.

Lots of skiing, and I suppose in a way you could say I'm skiing across the US. Making great mountains of wealth from the stock market, over 8 trillion dollars added to the US. Great. Wow, that's all most can say. Nobody's ever done this, added wealth like that. 400 million jobs added. Less homeless blacks than ever before. Whites too, but.... that's not quite... I mean. Obviously one is not the same as the other.

Someone asked about the shooting in..... Ala..Ken.... yes, it is Kentucky. Awful stuff, terrible stuff. So many lost lives and our thoughts and prayers are with them. Moving on, jobs are back. We're hoping to get those injured kids in a coal mine soon, with a shovel in their hand. Clean coal, beautiful stuff!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The neo-nazis are going to have to make their own dating site.

What should they name it?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

FuturePastNow posted:

"swasticum" could be a pretty good nazi tinder.

I also always liked the sound of "Vril." Nazi marketing itt.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 25, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FuturePastNow posted:

Ovn

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Thousand Frau Reich

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FuturePastNow posted:

Datechau
Plenty of jews
You're alt-right, I'm alt-right, we're alt-right together
A final (dating) solution

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

old beast lunatic posted:

Thank Christ for Steve Scalise's mangled cock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FuturePastNow posted:

Swipe white