Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo just put a ton of games on sale in the eShop, like 25-30% off.

This includes some first party titles like 1-2 Switch and Arms, as well as some high profile third party titles like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Doom, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, L.A. Noire, FIFA 18, and smaller indie titles like Overcooked, Worms WMD, Rive ultimate, and more.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Full list here, most seem to be on sale til 2/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I’m starting to get annoyed by how many good games I want to play and now this Celeste game comes out of nowhere. I still am trying to get through my 3DS backlog god drat it.:(

Wait for a sale seanimebaby

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Larrymer posted:

It's cardio where you're sitting in a seat. I'm not going for 200bpm. Just steady state cardio, not intervals or anything too nuts. Lifting I'd do separate obviously, this is just to get me through the boring monotony.

I hate doing cardio so if I can have anything to make it better I'll try it.

Just do sone fuckin for your cardio

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

goferchan posted:

Just finished the first chapter and this game owns, there's more exploration and branching paths going on than I thought -- even the secret rooms have secret rooms, that kind of thing. The art and the music are really lovely, too, and there's some really neat visual storytelling going on so far in the backgrounds. I'm about to binge on this game all day, probably

edit: 18/20 strawberries in chapter 1 btw..... anyone get em all their first time through?

I'm sold on it, I'm gonna pick it up as soon as my switch is charged.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Real hurthling! posted:

Just do sone fuckin for your cardio

I have a 4 month old baby, :lol: at that being a possible option

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Larrymer posted:

Me too exactly except but with lots of sex

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Real hurthling! posted:

It has xx just get it

I'm not familiar enough with the series to play it in Japanese and doing it with a translation guide is a hassle.

I did that with the Shonen Jump Fighters game, ugh.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I am actively annoyed that Spelunky 2 is a (probably timed) console exclusive for PS4. I played so much Spelunky on Vita. Bring the first one to Switch for the time being!

If you told me Nintendo would take the indie crown from Sony three years ago I would have thought you were crazy. But Sony seems to have dropped indie support like a rock after a while. Spelunky 2 on PS4 now seems downright weird.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

japtor posted:

I vaguely recall reading that the Downwell and Spelunky guys were doing some retro game compilation...course that was before the Downwell guy got hired by Nintendo so :iiam:

UFO50.

Derek Yu said on Twitter that the Downwell guy is out but the game is still happening.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

I am actively annoyed that Spelunky 2 is a (probably timed) console exclusive for PS4. I played so much Spelunky on Vita. Bring the first one to Switch for the time being!

If you told me Nintendo would take the indie crown from Sony three years ago I would have thought you were crazy. But Sony seems to have dropped indie support like a rock after a while. Spelunky 2 on PS4 now seems downright weird.

Sony doesnt need it anymore they hit critical mass and dont need to pay any but the biggest indie projects like spelunky for exclusive time.

In a few years when the switch store is awash in more games than anyone can play in 10 lifetimes indie devs will be talking about how nintendo used to be cool.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, it really does seem that the Switch is likely to kill off the Vita's niche as the indie game console.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also as long as the eshop gets a better interface and never gets as bad as Steam store, i'm good with it.

also bring back the DSi eshop music

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Definitely just do what I'm doing with PSN games now, which is to put all the games I want in a wishlist instead of buying it outright. You'll save a bunch over time, and it's goin to take you forever to get around to playing them all anyway.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Larrymer posted:

Anybody take their switch to a gym? I want to try mine on a stationary bike. Seems like an hour playing stardew valley would pass in an instant.

We've got (exactly) one of those bikes at work and I do like to putz around on it while playing Switch on my lunch breaks sometimes.

Though you gotta be careful what kind of game you bring. If it's too engrossing or consequential, you'll find your feet aren't moving. If it's some super chill or muscle-memory experience, it's all gravy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought people were going to be more hyped about that sale

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Can't acknowledge it if they want to post in a week about how Nintendo games never go on sale

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I looked. Nothing I was interested in. But I appreciated the heads up.

Definitely gonna buy Celeste when I get home.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

Sony doesnt need it anymore they hit critical mass and dont need to pay any but the biggest indie projects like spelunky for exclusive time.

In a few years when the switch store is awash in more games than anyone can play in 10 lifetimes indie devs will be talking about how nintendo used to be cool.

Yeah, it's the exact same thing PS4 did when it launched. You use indie games to bolster your lineup when your system comes out, that's when Sony had multiple E3 conferences with huge indie time so you saw crazy poo poo like Octodad getting main stage presence and once things got rolling it all got relegated to pre-show. Nintendo will probably still do NINDIES directs though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh, I missed your post, but now I'm thinking about getting Mario + Rabbids. IDK, it's on my "eventually" list but I wanted to get some other ones first...

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Is the sale US only? I was going to pick up Doom but looks like it's still the full €60 here.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
If you can game while exercising either your exercise is too easy so you can focus on the game or the game you're playing sucks cause it's not interesting enough to focus on. Stick with catching up on your TV shows (Hulu on Switch!) unless you have a busted leg and can only pedal the equivalent of 5mph or something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh, I missed your post, but now I'm thinking about getting Mario + Rabbids. IDK, it's on my "eventually" list but I wanted to get some other ones first...

Its the least good aaa switch exclusive ive bought so far but its still fun before it gets tired as hell by the end

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a good sale but dude I just bought a game two nights ago, and then another a few nights before that. Lay off!

It really is a pretty solid sale, good for Nintendo. Switch owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mario + Rabbids is apparently the #1 console game in Japan now.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Larrymer posted:

Greetings fellow sexless parent of a 4-month old!

are you my wife

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You can do the fuq guys. The baby sleeps at night right or did you mess that up too?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What is the point of doing a reversible cover if both of them have that chick crosseyed?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

teh_Broseph posted:

If you can game while exercising either your exercise is too easy so you can focus on the game or the game you're playing sucks cause it's not interesting enough to focus on. Stick with catching up on your TV shows (Hulu on Switch!) unless you have a busted leg and can only pedal the equivalent of 5mph or something.

He specifically said it was non-interval cardio.
I can cycle and play Zelda no problem.

Maybe you could be less judgy of how people exercise.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

teh_Broseph posted:

I think you'll find that your exercise is too easy if you can focus on a TV show.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

teh_Broseph posted:

I played a lot of shovel Knight on an exercise bike

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I think you'll find that your exercise is too easy if you can focus on a TV show.

Pretty much, guys. Even on non interval, if your physical discomfort (not pain!) Is at a level where you can focus on tv/other stuff, do yourself a favor and ramp it up a bit.

Not gym-shaming, any work out is better than none but you already dragged yourself there. Why not make the most of your time in achieving long term results? Fitness comes from challenging yourself at a pace that is appropriate to your current physical state, and you are not challenging yourself enough if you're having leisurely workouts

As much as I love it, cardio burns calories much much slower than you'd think, hence why you need to go hard at it :/

Anyways that's my two cents in this fitnezz derail

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 25, 2018

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I need those season passes to go on sale

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's bullshit, the fittest I ever got was from 45 minutes of light walking 5 times a week. Did far more than training and running 5-10k ever did. Just do something you can do consistently that won't give you any repeated stress injuries.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mario+Rabbids is the best game on the switch, full stop.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is it okay to listen to music while working out? Need the Nintendo Switch thread's "heavyweight" opinion here

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

goferchan posted:

Just finished the first chapter and this game owns, there's more exploration and branching paths going on than I thought -- even the secret rooms have secret rooms, that kind of thing. The art and the music are really lovely, too, and there's some really neat visual storytelling going on so far in the backgrounds. I'm about to binge on this game all day, probably

edit: 18/20 strawberries in chapter 1 btw..... anyone get em all their first time through?
nice job, I got 19/20, I totally thought I'd miss a million. Died almost 100 times tho

Def gonna go over these levels in details later, I have no idea where the last one or the Big Collectable might have been. There was even a thing in the first chapter that was really clearly tied to a secret that I had no idea how to interact with.

Celeste is v. cool

e: god it totally rules that they give you a general idea of where all the collectables are

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't believe you. I walk everywhere lol (no car, it's kinda nice), walking doesn't do poo poo unless you're super unfit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MMF Freeway posted:

Is it okay to listen to music while working out? Need the Nintendo Switch thread's "heavyweight" opinion here

No, because there are no music apps on the switch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Bend at the knees when taking your switch in and out of the oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the power of walking.

This guy didn't play Nintendo Switch during his 2200 mile walk!

• Locked thread