Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Universal Studios in both Orlando and Hollywood have a Simpsons area and ride that were both created post-movie think the general public, especially foreigners still like the idea of The Simpsons but probably don’t actively watch. They put it on as background noise and don’t play close enough attention to realize how bad it sucks. I believe that this is how the show is still profitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Would you guys be satisfied if modern Simpsons was the same quality as the film?

It’s not just the bad writing and tired acting that makes the show bad. Visually it also looks really lovely and sanitized since they went all digital.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Iron Crowned posted:

Is there even demand for Simpsons merchandise anymore?

I remember it was all over in the early 90's, but the last time I saw anything was at least 12 years ago.

I think the funko pops and Lego sets did pretty well. The sort of people who watched classic Simpsons are old enough to pay hundreds for this crap.

Also, around Father’s Day and Christmas you get a poo poo-ton of Homer socks, tshirts, bottle openers, beer glasses etc for the Dad market. That must still make a lot of money.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Iron Crowned posted:

Is there even demand for Simpsons merchandise anymore?

I remember it was all over in the early 90's, but the last time I saw anything was at least 12 years ago.

There is a pretty decent amount of bootleg Simpsons merch on instagram. They usually have some good shirts and other stuff. Like I bought some frank grimes pencils recently, and a stone cutters enamel pin.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The_Rob posted:

There is a pretty decent amount of bootleg Simpsons merch on instagram. They usually have some good shirts and other stuff. Like I bought some frank grimes pencils recently, and a stone cutters enamel pin.

I can’t imagine the amount of bootleg steamed hams merch there must be by now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got my friend a Nuke The Whales enamel pin for Christmas.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I see stuff like Simpsons lego sets and apparel all the time but it doesn't take anywhere near as much shelf space as it used to.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
The Simpsons was official allowed to broadcast in China about 2 years ago from whatever seasons was the newest at the time, and with it came an influx of official Simpsons merch in shops. Last I was in Shanghai I saw many people in various Simpsons clothing so I guess this is a new source of profits for Fox.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
bootleg enamel pins?! BUT THATS THE SWEETEST PLUM!

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Jose posted:

he says won't and i have always thought that

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can’t imagine the amount of bootleg steamed hams merch there must be by now.

Ye gods! My shirts are ruined!

But what if... I was to buy bootleg Chinese merchandise and disguise it as my officially licensed brand

Heh heh heh, cunningly capitalistic Seymour

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

You'll love this. I made a rant at Lisa inspired by how Quagmire rants at Brian the dog. XD So here we go!

LISA: All I done was try to be nice to you and you still don't like me. How can you not like me? =(

ME:....Okay, I'll tell ya. You are the worst human being I know! Every time I try to have fun watch your show with your family in it, you constantly ruin it with your bitching and moaning. In fact all of your dialogues are mostly bitching and moaning. Plus your voice is just ear rape to me, I'm sorry but it is. Sure Homer Simpson and Bart maybe idiots, I understand that but when they try to do something thoughtful and nice to you, this is how you repay them? And to add insult to their injury and such, you act all bitchy and ungrateful to them and being such a killjoy! And seriously I know you're surrounded by idiots, so am I. But you, you're too unrealistic even for a cartoon character! I mean every time there's another kid who is your age who seems "smarter than you", did you act all mature about it like you're supposed to? Noooo! You just freak out, act all annoying and childish about it. You're NEVER EVER gonna be the only smart person in the world, okay?! You NEED a reality check more than I ever do!

And what really bothers me is that you lack self-esteem and self-sufficiency, you always take the fun out of everything like the time you took the fun out of baseball which is why Bart and everyone is mad at you. Ya know I maybe an autistic child who likes to have fun all the time but at I'm least I'm intelligent too. Humor can be a sign of intelligence too. I'm sorry you don't realize that! I don't give everyone books about math or metric system or other complicated crap. Because not everything is about it. You seem like a right-brainer but you're mostly a left-brainer! You're just a spoiled brat who acts like a number cruncher even though you have an "artistic side". God you're pretentious! ~>=C

And you delude yourself on going to college when in reality you can never make it especially for your age.

And you never have ANY explanation why you were smart! I mean sure, you're "gifted". But children are gifted out of curiosity. For instance, Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory wants to become a scientist. You NEVER had an explanation on why you're so smart. And I don't wanna hear sarcastic voice "I'm only 8 years old". Lisa, I don't give A CRAP IF YOU'RE 8!!! Some 8 year olds don't act like you so do NOT even go there!

And I think what I hate most about you. Is when you're a member of PETA instead of ASPCA and spreading all your vegan nazi bullshit and saying things like "Fur is murder" and the fact you're a tree hugger. Yes I didn't like the rainforest clearings but what I learned last time is that sometimes some trees and animals need to make a sacrifice of themselves by becoming boards and meat. It is THE FACTS OF LIFE!! And other things that is annoying is that you try to over-analyze logic when they talk about God's work or when you bitch about circuses still abuses animals.
Well what have YOU done to help?! I work down at the Botanical Gardens trimming dead roses for everyone to enjoy and breathe natural oxygen at, Lisa. Never seen you down there! You wanna help? Grab some garden tools!

And by the way, trying to attend college and being the only smart kid around doesn't make you Jesus Christ. Oh wait! You don't believe in Jesus Christ!
Or any other religions for that matter except for Buddhism "because other religions are for idiots".

WELL WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TALK DOWN TO ANYONE?! ~>=E

You failed at being someone's lover many times but not as much of a failure as a babysitter. How's your brother of yours anyway?

But you know what? I could forgiven all of that...ALL OF IT.

If you weren't such a bore! That's the worst of it, Lisa.

You're just a BIG, sad, vegan bore. exhales

I excuse myself from dinner and says as I threw my napkin on the table

ME: Well see you, Lisa. Thanks for the loving salad bar. >_> she storms out

LISA: (*^︹^*)

END

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Huh?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Dongicus posted:

You'll love this. I made a rant at Lisa inspired by how Quagmire rants at Brian the dog. XD So here we go!

LISA: All I done was try to be nice to you and you still don't like me. How can you not like me? =(

ME:....Okay, I'll tell ya. You are the worst human being I know! Every time I try to have fun watch your show with your family in it, you constantly ruin it with your bitching and moaning. In fact all of your dialogues are mostly bitching and moaning. Plus your voice is just ear rape to me, I'm sorry but it is. Sure Homer Simpson and Bart maybe idiots, I understand that but when they try to do something thoughtful and nice to you, this is how you repay them? And to add insult to their injury and such, you act all bitchy and ungrateful to them and being such a killjoy! And seriously I know you're surrounded by idiots, so am I. But you, you're too unrealistic even for a cartoon character! I mean every time there's another kid who is your age who seems "smarter than you", did you act all mature about it like you're supposed to? Noooo! You just freak out, act all annoying and childish about it. You're NEVER EVER gonna be the only smart person in the world, okay?! You NEED a reality check more than I ever do!

And what really bothers me is that you lack self-esteem and self-sufficiency, you always take the fun out of everything like the time you took the fun out of baseball which is why Bart and everyone is mad at you. Ya know I maybe an autistic child who likes to have fun all the time but at I'm least I'm intelligent too. Humor can be a sign of intelligence too. I'm sorry you don't realize that! I don't give everyone books about math or metric system or other complicated crap. Because not everything is about it. You seem like a right-brainer but you're mostly a left-brainer! You're just a spoiled brat who acts like a number cruncher even though you have an "artistic side". God you're pretentious! ~>=C

And you delude yourself on going to college when in reality you can never make it especially for your age.

And you never have ANY explanation why you were smart! I mean sure, you're "gifted". But children are gifted out of curiosity. For instance, Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory wants to become a scientist. You NEVER had an explanation on why you're so smart. And I don't wanna hear sarcastic voice "I'm only 8 years old". Lisa, I don't give A CRAP IF YOU'RE 8!!! Some 8 year olds don't act like you so do NOT even go there!

And I think what I hate most about you. Is when you're a member of PETA instead of ASPCA and spreading all your vegan nazi bullshit and saying things like "Fur is murder" and the fact you're a tree hugger. Yes I didn't like the rainforest clearings but what I learned last time is that sometimes some trees and animals need to make a sacrifice of themselves by becoming boards and meat. It is THE FACTS OF LIFE!! And other things that is annoying is that you try to over-analyze logic when they talk about God's work or when you bitch about circuses still abuses animals.
Well what have YOU done to help?! I work down at the Botanical Gardens trimming dead roses for everyone to enjoy and breathe natural oxygen at, Lisa. Never seen you down there! You wanna help? Grab some garden tools!

And by the way, trying to attend college and being the only smart kid around doesn't make you Jesus Christ. Oh wait! You don't believe in Jesus Christ!
Or any other religions for that matter except for Buddhism "because other religions are for idiots".

You failed at being someone's lover many times but not as much of a failure as a babysitter. How's your brother of yours anyway?

END

source your quotes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Dongicus posted:

You'll love this.

Incorrect

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

thank you for the season 30 script dongicus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dongicus posted:

END

Yeah, I'm not going to read this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

that guys cool

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Dongicus posted:

END

The funniest part of this is that you spent 20 minutes writing it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's very obviously a quote from offsite my dudes

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Dongicus posted:

END

The concept of this had potential, but it failed at the execution.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pfft,

>_> it's just like new-gbs to shun effortposts :rolleyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dongicus posted:

Pfft,

>_> it's just like new-gbs to shun effortposts :rolleyes:

What's the term for rolling with the punches, but when no one actually reads your tl;dr?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I don't know, softbrain.

What do you call a 40 year old gbs guy who doesnt recognise an obvious copy/paste :D

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the answer is season 9 btw, topic locked.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i work with a grown man who really dislikes marge and i can't imagine being watching the simpsons and being so humorless...never mind.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i work with a grown man who really dislikes marge and i can't imagine being watching the simpsons and being so humorless...never mind.

Do you tell him to watch out for the shaq attack on the regular?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

didn't read all that but why listen to the family guy rapist character about anything

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tiberius Christ posted:

didn't read all that but why listen to the family guy rapist character about anything

Yeah, it’s really awkward when they try to humanize him. Same with the old pedophile character.

I’ve been watching the current season of Family Guy and it’s really not bad??

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dongicus posted:

You'll love this.

Won't!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, it’s really awkward when they try to humanize him. Same with the old pedophile character.

I’ve been watching the current season of Family Guy and it’s really not bad??

I mean it's not good, but it's no recent Simpsons season

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MissEchelon posted:

I mean it's not good, but it's no recent Simpsons season

It’s not good but it seems better than I remember the show being and it gets a few laughs. I don’t even bother watching newer Simpsons since it’ll depress me even if it’s just mediocre.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s not good but it seems better than I remember the show being and it gets a few laughs. I don’t even bother watching newer Simpsons since it’ll depress me even if it’s just mediocre.

it's alright dude I ain't judging, I watch new Family Guy and I agree

i wouldn't watch new simpsons

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Marge is adorable. What’s to dislike?

I bet he hates Peggy from King of the Hill too.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

My favorite Marge line is when she suggests bringing in a potato for show and tell, because she "just thinks they're neat"

It's like the purest most distilled mom dorkiness and I love it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love when she suggests to double the ransom for Bobo.

Edit: And home made Coca-Cola was great too.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Riptor posted:

My favorite Marge line is when she suggests bringing in a potato for show and tell, because she "just thinks they're neat"

It's like the purest most distilled mom dorkiness and I love it

It's also how she delivers the line, it's just so genuine :allears:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and the way she says 'space coyote?'

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Potatoes are pretty neat, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Surprised that they didn't do a second hand smoke episode to explain Marge's voice or a gag where she gets a vocal chord scraping to call back to the X-Files crossover and have a sultry voice for a few lines.

Then again that would take previous time away from the Crazy Cat Lady.