Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't see any whimis symbols on it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Just the thing for a hot day. Sharp, sweet, fruity tang, with an aftertaste of kidney failure and brain damage.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Just the thing for a hot day. Sharp, sweet, fruity tang, with an aftertaste of kidney failure and brain damage.

Sounds like monster energy drink

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

I posted this in CA, but it should probably go here too. This is actually a real item:

Yeah that is 100% something that a little kid would look at and go "like daddy's big cans of beer!" and decide to taste. Baaaad move.

MrOnBicycle posted:

Looks too good not to drink tbh.

The worst part is that if it's a can of ethylene glycol, it will taste pleasantly sweet and slightly fruity. Then you'll die when your liver converts it into formaldehyde.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
So my plan to mix it with everclear is secretly brilliant?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Door Frame posted:

Christ, are you saying I now have to feed my radiator Jello shots with this stuff?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
While that looks yummy as heck, I prefer Neustadt 10W30.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I'm thinking that GM grape or cherry gear oil.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Darchangel posted:

I'm thinking that GM grape or cherry gear oil.

I was going to post a picture of watermelon fuel additive, but imgur refuses to upload.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The Door Frame posted:

Actually, yes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bring back the Chrysler turbine. Ran on tequila.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

I was going to post a picture of watermelon fuel additive, but imgur refuses to upload.

I've found at time that I have to save the image to my local machine, then upload, because Imgur is being a jackass.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Bring back the Chrysler turbine. Ran on tequila.

Early rotaries run on anything burnable that fits through the carburetor, including kerosene, so I've read.
EFI on later ones can probably be tuned for anything that you can squeeze through an injector. Carb was more forgiving.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sagebrush posted:

The worst part is that if it's a can of ethylene glycol, it will taste pleasantly sweet and slightly fruity. Then you'll die when your liver converts it into formaldehyde.

Nah, that's menthanol, goes to formaldehyde and then to formic acid. Ethylene glycol goes to glycoaldehyde, then glycolic acid, then oxalic acid.

Treatment's the same for both of them: pure ethanol, baby!

The Door Frame posted:

Exactly.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

The worst part is that if it's a can of ethylene glycol, it will taste pleasantly sweet and slightly fruity.

Don't most coolants include some horrific bitterants now? Last time I managed to get a drop of it in my mouth, that poo poo was foul.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOwnCalculus posted:

Don't most coolants include some horrific bitterants now? Last time I managed to get a drop of it in my mouth, that poo poo was foul.

Dunno about bitterants but a lot of newer ones are also based on propylene glycol rather than ethylene glycol, so they don't have the cloyingly sweet taste/odor to begin with. It's also not horrifically toxic unless you basically chug it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've dealt with coolant changes on all three cars in the past couple of months - Prestone Green in the C10, Zerex G05 in the WJ, and Honda Blue in the CR-V - so I don't even recall which one it was that gave me a taste.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

At work today:

"Hey can you see why my heater isn't firing up?"

:thunk:

The gas was on when I got up there btw.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Isn’t it almost certainly propylene glycol, and drinking a can of it would basically have no major negative effect?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

ExplodingSims posted:

At work today:

Glad that's not inside... jesus.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

AlternateAccount posted:

Isn’t it almost certainly propylene glycol, and drinking a can of it would basically have no major negative effect?

Propylene glycol is GRAS, so it's not toxic, but drinking 500mL of it will probably make you poo poo your pants. Also, PG is extremely sweet. It's used in cough syrup, candy, wine coolers, and all kinds of stuff because it's so sweet

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice
A fan went out on my sim2 Italian designed projector. So I think to myself this should be pretty easy to pull the fans and put in new ones.
Pull the cover and realize that the fans are basically buried way the gently caress under everything because its the most likely component to die. Call up the manufacture and they specifically state

:nyd: "don't take it apart, even our trained techs have problems putting them back together and getting them to work!"

Anyways, I start pulling screws out and I get to this point and I just can't believe it.

That one loving screw made me take out the PCB and that was still a bitch because that screw at the far end is blocked by the post.
Its just one failure after another for manufacuting, hell I counted about 6 different screw sizes when they could have gotten away with just two.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Not embedding because big, but yet another rolling mill losing its poo poo, coupled with someone being asleep at the emergency stop switch.

https://gfycat.com/PoliteOpulentChrysomelid

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Not embedding because big, but yet another rolling mill losing its poo poo, coupled with someone being asleep at the emergency stop switch.

Ghostbusters sequel makers take note

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

Sounds like monster energy drink
Nah, the brain damage is before drinking it in that case.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

stgdz posted:

A fan went out on my sim2 Italian designed projector. So I think to myself this should be pretty easy to pull the fans and put in new ones.
Pull the cover and realize that the fans are basically buried way the gently caress under everything because its the most likely component to die. Call up the manufacture and they specifically state

:nyd: "don't take it apart, even our trained techs have problems putting them back together and getting them to work!"

Anyways, I start pulling screws out and I get to this point and I just can't believe it.

That one loving screw made me take out the PCB and that was still a bitch because that screw at the far end is blocked by the post.
Its just one failure after another for manufacuting, hell I counted about 6 different screw sizes when they could have gotten away with just two.

:italy:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Is that molten metal?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Is that molten metal?

Not molten, just hot enough that it is malleable enough to work pretty easily. That why you end up with that arch swaying at the end. Also why you have a big pile rather than a spreading pool killing everyone.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams, but it can get them hot enough that they behave like taffy.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Holy poo poo.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

ExplodingSims posted:

At work today:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :stare:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :supaburn:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The part that gets me is the guy who removes his hard hat when he starts running. Yeah guy, take off the thing that might help prevent superheated metal from literally melting your brain case.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Midniter posted:

The part that gets me is the guy who removes his hard hat when he starts running. Yeah guy, take off the thing that might help prevent superheated metal from literally melting your brain case.
In fairness, it'll probably do sweet gently caress-all if you're hit in the noggin by multiple tons of metal at four-figure temperatures.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The Door Frame posted:

Propylene glycol is GRAS, so it's not toxic, but drinking 500mL of it will probably make you poo poo your pants. Also, PG is extremely sweet. It's used in cough syrup, candy, wine coolers, and all kinds of stuff because it's so sweet

You can also vape that poo poo.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

At work today:

We had to disable and condemn one piece of our client's kitchen equipment because it was leaking egregiously. No problem though! Just use the kitchen exhaust-hood to vent the gas and continue to use it.

Our tech was alerted to it because it was audibly hissing. This was in a high end restaurant, too.
Oh, they also asked us to never dispatch that technician to them again.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Wally Joyner posted:

We had to disable and condemn one piece of our client's kitchen equipment because it was leaking egregiously. No problem though! Just use the kitchen exhaust-hood to vent the gas and continue to use it.

Our tech was alerted to it because it was audibly hissing. This was in a high end restaurant, too.

High end restaurants are actually some of the worst clients to work for. You'd think they'd really care about keeping their equipment up to par, since, you know, you're selling like $200 meals.
Nope. We did service for a multi-million dollar restaurant group, and all of them were the worst. One place in particular stood out though.

The building was an old Howard Johnson's from the '40s. The kitchen had no AC. They were a steakhouse, and they had a very large, open grill in the back where they did all the cooking. It was regularly over 120* in there with that thing going. I have no idea how the self-contained ref. units in there worked.

One of our techs went to go work on a unit, and pulled the evap cover. He was greeted with a shower of cockroaches. Another tech went there and had a rat run across the kitchen in front of him. Well, not so much run, as amble slowly since it had gorged itself on potatoes. They never closed the walk in cooler doors there either, so those were regularly running at 50* or so.

Also, we stopped doing service for that group because they racked up like $50,000 worth of bills that they just decided to go "nah" on.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I used to work at a high end restaurant that is owned by one of the billionaire opiate kingpins of the US. Cheap-rear end is being nice about how everything surrounding that place was.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 26, 2018

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ExplodingSims posted:

High end restaurants are actually some of the worst clients to work for. You'd think they'd really care about keeping their equipment up to par, since, you know, you're selling like $200 meals.
Nope. We did service for a multi-million dollar restaurant group, and all of them were the worst. One place in particular stood out though.

The building was an old Howard Johnson's from the '40s. The kitchen had no AC. They were a steakhouse, and they had a very large, open grill in the back where they did all the cooking. It was regularly over 120* in there with that thing going. I have no idea how the self-contained ref. units in there worked.

One of our techs went to go work on a unit, and pulled the evap cover. He was greeted with a shower of cockroaches. Another tech went there and had a rat run across the kitchen in front of him. Well, not so much run, as amble slowly since it had gorged itself on potatoes. They never closed the walk in cooler doors there either, so those were regularly running at 50* or so.

Also, we stopped doing service for that group because they racked up like $50,000 worth of bills that they just decided to go "nah" on.

There's a high-end steakhouse in my city that's been in continuous operation since 1941.

I've been thinking about it for a special occasion but now you're making me have second thoughts :ohdear:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Never think about back of house operations in a restaurant. Even if it's clean, it's usually disgusting, I've never worked anywhere that's been fully stocked on sanitizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Wally Joyner posted:

If it were me in charge, I'd send that tech every time thereafter, if he were willing to do it. "Oh, sorry, he's the only guy available. I could pull someone else for a 50% upcharge."

ExplodingSims posted:

WTF, man. I don't get that poo poo at all.

Also, Jesus Christ that roller misfeed. How do you even clean that up? Lots of cutting torches, I assume. At least the workers did the only thing they could do - run! Especially the guy who was working at the left where the big pile of spaghetti ended up.