Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

big nipples big life posted:

So wait, if Squadron 42 is like the tutorial for SC and your progress carries over, how do they reconcile having a female avatar in SC?

To the CIG intern reading the thread. Could you please casually mention this to Chris while he's drinking his morning coffee?

Extra points if a video of the reaction somehow gets to youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Polygon is also a non factor though.

e: A community manager for Blizzard or EA having written the Book of Loaf probably wouldn't rate a front page on IGN or Gamespot so one for a kickstarter non game in an extremely niche genre is definitely not going to.

If the CEO or something had written it different story but not a community manager.

um no. The community manager (nintendo) that was masquerading as a high priced call girl was all over the news so I see this as no different. And when there is a windmill to tilt at the games media is all over it. Especially misogynistic, racist, diatribes.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

intardnation posted:

The community manager (nintendo) that was masquerading as a high priced call girl was all over the news so I see this as no different.

How many people in this thread knew about this story before this post?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

AbstractNapper posted:

To the CIG intern reading the thread. Could you please casually mention this to Chris while he's drinking his morning coffee?

Extra points if a video of the reaction somehow gets to youtube.

Well in nantucket you can harpoon female whales I think it would be a great Idea!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

the ones that were her clients and then the ones that wished they were her clients and me

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

Ballsy guy

only on the surface

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It will involve some mocapped surgery.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

his nibs posted:

only on the surface

The devils in the detail

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So wait, if Squadron 42 is like the tutorial for SC and your progress carries over, how do they reconcile having a female avatar in SC?

lol if you think any of those CHUDS have given even a seconds worth of thought to something that will mainly affect ladies.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
When people respond to Surface's alts:
https://i.imgur.com/EA7V90J.mp4

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

lol if you think any of those CHUDS have given even a seconds worth of thought to something that will mainly affect ladies.

I know they haven't but I just wanted to ask for lols.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dementropy posted:

Responses from Reddit:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dementropy posted:

Responses from Reddit:

The sanctity of Sausage Citizen must be protected from the corruptions of the weaker sex.

Oh well. Elite has females player characters. I guess Chris will just have to cede that particular victory to David Braben, OBE.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the gently caress is wrong with these people?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

thatguy posted:

When people respond to Surface's alts:
https://i.imgur.com/EA7V90J.mp4

cat before being deskeletonized

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Meridian posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with these people?

Everything

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

G0RF posted:

The sanctity of Sausage Citizen must be protected from the corruptions of the weaker sex.

Oh well. Elite has females player characters. I guess Chris will just have to cede that particular victory to David Braben, OBE.

The irony as they have one of the most militant lock stepped and heavily guarded safe places ever known to a gaming community. These people need to be sterilized.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DapperDon posted:

The irony as they have one of the most militant lock stepped and heavily guarded safe places ever known to a gaming community. These people need to be sterilized.
Pretty sure their community is sterilized if you know what I mean

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy gold digging females tricking honest hard working citizens into mating with them for their papers.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 26, 2018

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Spiderdrake posted:

Pretty sure their community is sterilized if you know what I mean

I most certainly do. Small favors and all that.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Best post of this thread YET!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

It was big news in the small news of gaming sites, with Kotaku and Polygon putting in their pieces. But it wouldn’t likely have been if she’d been community manager for an indie studio. But I suspect a lot of gamers don’t give a crap about daily industry scuttlebutt and don’t read that stuff. Given the politicization of gaming (and culture more broadly), I’d not either but for the fact that the industry has always been interesting to me.

DapperDon posted:

I think their repulsion of and to the fairer sex has at least reduced their reproductive risks. (Or so I hope.)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 26, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

There's no way that's what Croberts was actually intending, but it explains every line of Old Man dialogue. Of course he's convinced he's right and the engineer who just checked his fighter is wrong, the poor kid is probably trained on quantum drives and knows nothing about fighters. Of course he doesn't give a gently caress who you are, he doesn't give a gently caress about anything now, he's just filling in time until he can retire on full pension.

I kinda want a game based on that character now. A grizzled fighter jock, pissed off at still being a lieutenant despite being in his 60s, forced to save the galaxy one more time because everyone around him is a fresh-out-of-the-academy kid.

Yes.

Also it makes sense for the engineer guy too. They’re on a ship that has a fighter compliment of like, 2 ships and maybe one spare? That engineer probably isn’t exactly the best fighter engineer in the world. If the ace fighter pilot tells you something, you’ll probably instantly second guess yourself because hell, you work on destroyer engines not fighter jet engines mostly.

If you wrap your mind around the fact that everybody is totally out of their element, everything starts to make more sense.

Hamill: Ace pilot assigned basically alone to a destroyer and your wingman is some kid fresh out of school. You’re going to be real loving pissed and probably upset at whoever did that to you.

Engineer guy: works on big ship systems, knows next to loving nothing about the basically useless fighters they keep inside a converted cargo bay.

You: Staying frosty.

The best parts will be the briefing rooms where you know there will be like 12 pilots in there, but nobody will ever comment on the fact the ship can only launch 2 fighters.

Also all the big wig commanders aboard a poo poo tier destroyer instead of being aboard a bigger ship with a giant convoy you can command.

I hope the script is salty and grim and everybody is sad because this makes perfect sense, but not for any of the reasons CR thinks they should be salty. :cheers:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

$5-$10 USD.

* NOT DLC, NOT PRICE GOUGING. 100% PURE FIDELITY GAMEPLAY

in stock

I sure hope they don’t run out of Thorshu Greys before I can buy one of the orange little buggers! :ohdear:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Galnet Audio is real and it makes the whole game so much more immersive.

A female / male computer voice just reading the news.

Simple and wonderful.

Star Citizen, what do?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

G0RF posted:

I think their repulsion of and to the fairer sex has at least reduced their reproductive risks. (Or so I hope.)

I am going with the theory that Star Citizen is actually a form of psychological grooming to condition these Incels into becoming space nazi eunuchs that are devout in their worship of Chris Roberts.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/867731394788720640

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen, what do?

"Um, er, This is StarNet um News. Coming from, um, the verse to your um, ah, no matter where you are.
Now here is the, um, news.
Today near, um, Odin, Commander KirkSisko420Hitler stole another Commander's ship, by um somehow appearing in the cockpit seat."

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus christ, what kind of relationship must a guy like that have with his mother?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
I have a few ideas.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd love to see this - Star Citizen to turn into a leprous splotch on the internet's underside, just wheezing and gasping along year after year, offering poo poo-tier non-gameplay to the internet's worst denizens. "I'M HAVING FUN MORE THAN I EVER HAVE" spouts Batgirl and Lethality until the end of time in a space-based voluntary internet quarantine zone.

I wonder what would cut Chris' ego more - SC's outright cessation of existence, or SC's inevitable destiny as complete poo poo coming to fulfillment.

Uh...

Good news, friend... consider me your wish fairy because this loving wish is loving granted. :devil:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Martman posted:

I can't even imagine the IQ required to like both Star Citizen AND Rick & Morty.

Rick and morty is a drat good show.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's also an idiot edgelord honeypot.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Moxxis Endowment posted:

jesus christ, what kind of relationship must a guy like that have with his mother?

I dunno, but I bet it is an awkward moment when she gets a card with a jpeg in it for Mother's Day.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

Quavers' Snacksized Review: Why Sleeping Dogs is better than Star Citizen
  1. SD is a third-person action game.
    SC is not a game.
  2. SD released, had updates, and a definitive edition.
    SC is gonna get CryRekt.
  3. SD happily plays at 60FPS on High settings with my RX570 and lovely Phenom II.
    SC, well... :lol:
  4. SD's controls are easy to pickup and learn.
    SC's controls have a steep learning curve, and can annoying change between patches.
  5. SD detected my controller straight away.
    SC needs manual controller binding.
  6. SD had a starter-mission bug with my controller, so I quickly swapped to KB+M and carried on.
    SC needs yet more manual KB+M binding.
  7. SD's graphics are good, with defined and recognisable characters and a variety of colourful, atmospheric environments.
    SC's graphics are spectacularly detailed but they're either black or grey or brown, and very bland.
  8. SD's motion captured movement is fluid throughout player actions.
    SC is just janky.
  9. SD has smooth transitions between story cutscenes and gameplay, which all helps the interesting story play out.
    SC doesn't have any story so is uninteresting.
  10. SD's made-up language "Mandarin" is fully voiced with a striking subtitled charset, and feels like a real form of communication.
    SC supposedly has made-up languages: they look and sound like bollocks, yet aren't even in the game.
  11. SD has East-Asian looking characters with ninja-like skills.
    SC oddly has turtle-looking East Asians with no ninja skills, but they aren't in the game anyway.
  12. SD's melee combat is quick, with an easy-to-learn variety of unlockable attacks, counters, combos, and some use the environmental to dramatic effect.
    SC has a broken melee attack.
  13. SD has you playing an undercover cop whose sister was killed, and you're in a Police-authorised war against gang lords..
    SC spawns random, faceless, janky pirate space ships.
  14. Your SD character is a fighting badass, but he may or may not be a dick.
    SC has zero character depth.
  15. SD's first boss-like baddie brags that years ago, your now-dead sister gave him his first blowjob.
    SC doesn't have any proper baddies, let alone bosses, nor creepy sex stories from any timeframe, but its fans want STDs and furries.
  16. SD's combat has you regularly taking on 4-8 enemies simultaneously, and nicely balances exciting, challenging and rewarding.
    SC's combat is usually against 1-2 enemies, drearily plodding, and feels like luck gives you the win, not skill.
  17. SD has gender equality.
    SC is a penis party for middle-aged incels.
  18. SD's free-roaming areas have dozens of unique NPCs going about their day, chatting, playing, sometimes bickering.
    SC has a few broken NPCs that walk into/through walls or float in the air.
  19. SD allows you to hand in missions to NPCs while covered in blood, cos your gang rules the area - absolute badasses.
    SC's missions have you carrying boxes from brown world to grey station, and if your game doesn't crash the mission NPC ignores you.
My screenshot, titled "Subsumption! Atmosphere! Immersion! A living universe!"

To be continued when I've had more time to play, sorry...

Counterpoint: Both games let you buy yummy noodles

Although Sleeping Dogs also has eggrolls and dumplings, so it edges ahead by a nose

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

like there was zero loving shown of the actual, real RTS poo poo gameplay

even the demo was all 3rd person hack n slash with cool things

goddamn, gently caress you tim lol

This was super disappointing. The intro was so cool. Then I got to the first rts section and got upset. I think I gave up entirely mid way through number 3. It just wasn’t good.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/GUX9nOS.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Has star citizen started selling construction equipment to develop those land claims yet?