Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

What's going on in that picture

Jessie Spano is addicted to caffeine pills and has a breakdown. She was too excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflYjF90t7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Zesty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZiezIxCVU&t=6s

gently caress Voyager's writing. Over TEN MINUTES of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k

naem
May 29, 2011

Jeri Ryan didn't really watch Trek before she started on Voyager.

After she got the part, she sat down and watched an episode of Voyager and it was so bad that she literally started to cry.

:(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

she sat down and watched an episode of Voyager and it was so bad that she literally started to cry.

We've all been there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After she got the part, she sat down and watched an episode of Voyager and it was so bad that she literally started to cry.

Was it threshold?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Foreskin Problems posted:

Jessie Spano is addicted to caffeine pills and has a breakdown. She was too excited.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflYjF90t7c

that is so incredibly bad. Was it really supposed to be just caffeine?! (I suppose in those days the censors wouldn't have allowed anything harder.)

Is this really true? I don't think I've ever heard that before. If so, I commend her for doing such a good job with the role, especially considering the material.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the edgiest non college years episode of saved by the bell i can recall is the one that dealt with drunk driving where zach and slater are wearing togas and crashed into a telephone poll while driving lisa home.

they also had an episode that had a say no to drugs motivational speaker on campus and they found a roach in the bathroom so the gang has to solve the mystery of who is smoking weed at bayside. initially they blame the leather clad punk guy who smoked cigarettes in the bathroom, but he said "I might be dumb but I'm not that dumb," and it turned out it was the say no to drugs guy. luckily mr. baldar saves the day.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, it was originally scripted as speed but they were told they couldn't do that in a children's show, so they compromised on caffeine pills.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

nowadays kids taking speed is normal

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

well adderall at least. not the good stuff that led to bob dylan writing sad eyed lady of the lowlands

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
i couldnt have done undergrad w/o adderall

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if you needed adderall to get a degree then you lack discipline and i don't want you in my workforce mr.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

the adderall mostly helped me with my depression

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You're depressed? Definitely not getting a job.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't really give a poo poo about adderall to be honest but you know i knew a girl in gradschool who was prescribed it for depression. i guess it was because the root of her depression was feeling like she wasn't accomplishing as much as her peers or something?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in star trek there is no legitimate prescription for adderall. you have to go through quark to get orion mind crystals.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i don't really give a poo poo about adderall to be honest but you know i knew a girl in gradschool who was prescribed it for depression. i guess it was because the root of her depression was feeling like she wasn't accomplishing as much as her peers or something?

in really rare and hosed up cases of sadbrains your brains are so goddamn sad normal ssri's don't work so you gotta trick your brain into thinking its happy with amphetamines

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in star trek you just talk to some mind reader chick whose tits are always hanging out if you're sad

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In real life they don't even need to be mind readers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghostlight posted:

In real life they don't even need to be mind readers.

The mind reading lets her know how treatment is going. Depression fucks with your libido, so if her boobs make you horny you're cured!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BSG: Faith.

Jeez, Nana Visitor looks rough in this episode. She is playing a dying woman though.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nah, she's still a total fox.

Just one that has been caught in a trap for a week, gnawing at itself.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also, Baltar's pirate radio broadcasts consist entirely of misappropriated Shakespeare quotes, for some reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

shadow puppet of a posted:

Nah, she's still a total fox.

Just one that has been caught in a trap for a week, gnawing at itself.

That is the best horrific description I've ever read :stonklol:.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BSG Guess what's coming to dinner: Dammit Saul, it's my job to point out plotholes in this show, not you. There really isn't a good explanation why the cylons never called off attacks on the fleet before season 4 is there? I mean, if all it took was for Anders to make eye contact with a raider for them to be recognized, how the hell could a centurion or something not identify saul during his months of imprisonment on New Caprica?

Sine Qua None: Romo Lampkin might be the most ridiculously overwritten character in the entire show, but drat if the actor doesn't sell his psychobabble.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 27, 2018

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Arcsquad12 posted:

BSG Guess what's coming to dinner: Dammit Saul, it's my job to point out plotholes in this show, not you. There really isn't a good explanation why the cylons never called off attacks on the fleet before season 4 is there? I mean, if all it took was for Anders to make eye contact with a raider for them to be recognized, how the hell could a centurion or something not identify saul during his months of imprisonment on New Caprica?

Sine Qua None: Romo Lampkin might be the most ridiculously overwritten character in the entire show, but drat if the actor doesn't sell his psychobabble.

I kind of assumed it was tied to Deanna’s religious awakening. Maybe the centurions weren’t aware of the final 5’s identities until she was.

The real answer is, of course, that the writers hadn’t even thought of the five until that season.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BSG: The Hub.

Once again, the people running this show have no idea how time works. According to this episode, the events of the previous episode took place over two days. But that can't be right because Lampkin's cat had been dead for weeks, despite it showing up earlier in the previous episode.

This is a minor mistake, but so many of these minor mistakes are piling up that it is clear they have no idea what they're doing anymore.

EDIT: Lol, they actually played a scare chord when D'Anna told Roslin she was a Cylon.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 27, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also, Baltar's pirate radio broadcasts consist entirely of misappropriated Shakespeare quotes, for some reason.

Uhhh you mean Shakespeare consists entirely of misappropriated Baltar quotes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Uhhh you mean Shakespeare consists entirely of misappropriated Baltar quotes

All this has happened before and all this will happen again. Who's to say which came first?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Battlestar Galatica kind of sucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I couldn't get past the bloom of the first battlestar episode.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I think 33 is the first real BSG episode (after the miniseries)

if you don't like that one you don't like good TV.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MA-Horus posted:

I think 33 is the first real BSG episode (after the miniseries)

if you don't like that one you don't like good TV.

33 sets the tone for the series perfectly, it's a great first episode for the show. The miniseries caps off with everyone feeling hopeful and optimistic about setting forth into uncharted space. 33 starts with everyone haggard and exhausted because things are rapidly going to hell and the Colonial Fleet cannot catch a loving break.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I'm onto Revelations. My opinion of BSG is as follows: it started off as late seasons DS9, and ended as late seasons Voyager. There was a slight parabolic incline before falling off the chart entirely.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I'm onto Revelations. My opinion of BSG is as follows: it started off as late seasons DS9, and ended as late seasons Voyager. There was a slight parabolic incline before falling off the chart entirely.

Yeah the arc of the whole show is: Late seasons DS9, late season Voyager, late season LOST. It's a very sad and bad fall.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Nah, BSG is consistently good through season 3.5, then a very slight decline to finish the season, a small dip during the episodes where Starbuck is looking for Earth, then back up to season 3 quality to finish the show.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah the arc of the whole show is: Late seasons DS9, late season Voyager, late season LOST. It's a very sad and bad fall.

That's pretty much how I felt, and it seemed even worse because the first season started off so strong, then devolved into the writers scrambling to fill in 50 minutes with no clue where they are going with any of it. I don't know a single person who cared about "omg who is the secret cylon" and just wanted the show to go back to humanity trying to survive instead of everyone turning into an unwatchable basket case and the cylons not having a clue.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
There's definitely a drop in quality once they get off of New Caprica, and do the new Starbuck and final 5 nonsense, but I really enjoyed the mutiny arc, and even the finale up until the last 5 min or so. Also the revelation about Earth 1.0 and the way the fleet just falls apart for awhile after that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Discovery:

:stare:

Well. Some poo poo Happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did they do a Spock