Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Nebakenezzer posted:

I have to do the Canadian thing and complain about our thread title

*Boring?* The reason America isn't boring is because its a neo-darwinian hellscape ruled over by a stumbling, demented, child king. If that's what 'boring' is I'll take it

So: single posters ITT

Have you thought of marrying an American refugee? I mean granted having to marry someone to escape your nation's squalidly dysfunctional political oppression is unfair and hosed up, making them live in a place where the fog gets so thick it can support the weight of small fish that swim in it more unfair still

But I bet there are some cute ones out there in need of marrying

You can save small town cute girls and use the underground railroad to reach Canada like old times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Isizzlehorn posted:

Aged so fast, made Trump surrogates jealous.

Sorry for jinxing you Patrick

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Do CI next

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
how are my fellow members of the middle class and those working hard to join it doing today

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

It's not as simple as just marrying a Canadian. You still have to follow the same process as other prospective immigrants (or just be rich and become an Immigrant Investor lol)

But I'm Single and Ready to Mingle

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Eox posted:

how are my fellow members of the middle class and those working hard to join it doing today

I bought 3 avocados

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

It's not as simple as just marrying a Canadian. You still have to follow the same process as other prospective immigrants (or just be rich and become an Immigrant Investor lol)

It's pretty easy if you're a white from places like the UK or US.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Risky Bisquick posted:

You can save small town cute girls and use the underground railroad to reach Canada like old times

Yes, exactly

Can we phrase it in a way that makes me less of an lecherous, opportunistic rear end in a top hat, though, I'm concerned about optics

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

My Marketing Guy posted:

OK, what do you think of this:

Are you politically oppressed AND look like this

YOU MAY HAVE A WAY OUT VIA MARRIAGE TO A FREAKY NERD IN CANADA

I don't really like it TBH. I mean good image, on point with the message, but it kinda sounds like if you want to abandon all hope we want to speak to you, except instead of a bullet it's my dick at the end of things

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

An organic solvent cartridge like that is seriously overkill for tear gas, and I can't imagine it'd be useful for much longer than a day or two.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Nebakenezzer posted:

Yes, exactly

Can we phrase it in a way that makes me less of an lecherous, opportunistic rear end in a top hat, though, I'm concerned about optics

Sure, Save a dreamer before trump deports them all

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think that woman is Venezuelan tbf

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Mameluke posted:

I think that woman is Venezuelan tbf

I think shes a drywaller

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Risky Bisquick posted:

I think shes a drywaller

no kinkshaming

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Are you ready for some SPICY HOT TAKES from the comment board of a national newspaper :

The knife personally and politically to the throat.

The line between flirting and sexual harassment has become blurred.

Rebuild with the right material.

Time for Doug Ford to jump in. He has principles. Probably the only one to turn things around before the imminent election.

---------------------------

Any conservative that wanted to keep the carbon tax anyways needed to go. Good riddens, now let's get a real winner in there.

------------------------------

On the other hand, Wynne is deeply unpopular. If the PCs move quickly and wisely to choose an electable (female) leader, there's still time to pull this one out of the fire.

:females:

--------------

Need a rural leader who can help us shake off the slavery the GTA has placed on the north and rural areas. Monte McNaughton has been standing up for us in Toronto. As far as I can tell he has been leading the party in the house for sometime. Go for it Monte. Choosing a female leader because she is female is just stupid and political suicide.

------------------

Wynn better hope she has the female vote....and I hope most females have common sense and can see through this drama.i

------------------

There is something very wrong here. "Anonymous allegations made by unnamed accusers when no charges have been laid" can be laid on any human being... yet now they are enough to lose people jobs and political careers?

I'm all for a woman (or other non-white male) leadership when they are the best candidate. Not on these terms though. This is not progress: "The new leader will almost certainly have to be a woman, as choosing a man is far too dangerous in today’s climate."

Progress means a world where every person is welcome at the table... not just shifting the goalposts on who is 'black'.

-----------------------------------

So it's perfectly fine for Kathryn Wynne to cheat on her husband with Jane Rounthwaite? Oh but it was between two femnazis so it's perfectly justifiable.

----------------------------------

This is a McCarthy level of witch hunt...so " anonymous allegations" made by "unnamed accusers" are all it takes for a mans life to be ruined?!?!?!? Here I thought everyone was under the innocent until proven guilty clause.

----------------------------------

No tactic is beneath the liberals in their relentless quest to crush citizens under the heavy boots of taxes and regulations

------------------------------------

At this point people would rather vote for Putin than Wynne...you have to be blind not to see this entire thing as a political set up similar to what they did to Roy Moore in Alabama. The deep state is at work....

(lol yeah it certainly is like what Roy Moore did in Alabama)

--------------------------------------

#metoo strikes again. Someday we will look back wistfully on that quaint time in the past when we still had the presumption of innocence, when men could socialize or work with women without needing to wear bodycams and have several witnesses present. What a stupid, feckless, worthless society we have today. It deserves to burn to the ground. Probably fitting Wynne will keep on supplying the gasoline for the next four years. If we last that long.

Aaaa-n--n-n-n-d the top rated comment is:

This is an appalling condemnation, not of Brown, but of our feminist-centric political culture. To state the obvious, allegations are not proof, and should be especially disregarded when virtually nothing is known about the identity of the accuser or the nature of the accusation. I never liked Brown's approach, but he is being shafted by a male-hating culture, not by any evidence of wrongdoing. The timing of the accusations are, moreover, extremely suspicious, in the run-up to an election. If Ontario voters are so insane as to elect the incompetent, dishonest Wynne government again, they will deserve the terrible results. What man will willingly seek to serve in politics in Ontario in this environment?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Reince Penis posted:

What man will willingly seek to serve in politics in Ontario in this environment?
[/i]

hopefully none, op

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If you move to Canada you will be forcibly gay-married.

If you're already married you'll be forcibly gay-divorced and re-married in a very happy manner.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

So it's perfectly fine for Kathryn Wynne to cheat on her husband with Jane Rounthwaite? Oh but it was between two femnazis so it's perfectly justifiable.

Cucking your man is morally equivalent to sexually harassing young subordinates in the workplace, apparently. Conservatives are scum.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Risky Bisquick posted:

Sure, Save a dreamer before trump deports them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-PaDqSTJ5U

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Mods please change my name to Justifiable Feminazism tia

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

this whole post is basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfStd3v330

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Hulchanski/status/956339720182788096

this goes here?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
neoliberalism.tweet

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i for one am shocked that inequality has increased since 1980

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yinlock posted:

tbf it's easy to make that comparison when americans are literally dying from lack of care and we're like "oh god this wait time is so long, this must be the worst medical emergency that has ever happened to anyone"

otoh yeah it sucks and needs changing

Gonna post this from a hospital. I saw a doctor, did some consults, had my surgery today, everyone was on time and conscientious and did a good job. Complaining about hospital ER rooms doing triage properly is whatever.

Only thing I have to pay for is my take-home meds.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

me and my family and extended family have been through multiple parts of our health care system a lot in the past couple years and it's fantastic, I will never stop praising it

that said, it would be nice to have dental and drug coverage publicly

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

me and my family and extended family have been through multiple parts of our health care system a lot in the past couple years and it's fantastic, I will never stop praising it

that said, it would be nice to have dental and drug coverage publicly

For sure. It ain’t perfect and there’s plenty more that could be improved. But we do do what we do do well is all I’m pointing out.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Maybe if we didn't build all these fuckin windmills though!!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

drat look at those two big red splotches in 2015 and think about all the lovely politicians that come from there. No wonder Etobicoke votes Ford they're getting wrecked

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Arivia posted:

doodoo doodoo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Reince Penis posted:

drat look at those two big red splotches in 2015 and think about all the lovely politicians that come from there. No wonder Etobicoke votes Ford they're getting wrecked

They're also getting wrecked because they keep voting Ford. Like, yeah, no poo poo you don't have any public infrastructure, y'all prioritized low taxes for the century where you were your own municipality, and for the two decades since you've been part of Toronto you keep electing the most useless fuckwits on council.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

this goes here?

it's almost like random tax cuts are stupid and solve nothing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

infernal machines posted:

They're also getting wrecked because they keep voting Ford. Like, yeah, no poo poo you don't have any public infrastructure, y'all prioritized low taxes for the century where you were your own municipality, and for the two decades since you've been part of Toronto you keep electing the most useless fuckwits on council.

"if only there was some relation between low taxes and lovely infrastructure, i'd better vote Ford again to fix this"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Don’t knock it till you try it man

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Well, now it's the fault of downtown, with their density, and tax base, that they have things and Etobicoke doesn't.

We're keeping it all for ourselves, having built it over 40 years before they became part of the city.

But god help us if we suggest maybe property taxes should go up so that we can afford to build more elsewhere.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Ill Peripheral posted:

Maybe if we didn't build all these fuckin windmills though!!

Is this a thing in ontario

Because it seems there's this weird bunch of reactionaries with a hate on for windmills

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
By lake huron it's basically all wind farms.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Toronto's insane housing and rental prices drive most poor and immigrant communities into the inner suburbs where they have awful transit, poorly maintained apartment stock and terrible community planning. The city government mostly just views these neighborhoods as potential sites of future gentrification. Affluent downtown progressives use the existence of Rob Ford as an excuse to poo poo all over everyone living in these neighborhoods.

The average city councilor has a re-election rate that's about as competitive as a North Korean election and the council is like 85% white and 100% affluent in a city where more than half the population was born outside the country. I don't think it's hard to understand why people outside the core (and plenty of people inside it) don't like the government very much.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Helsing posted:

Affluent downtown progressives use the existence of Rob Ford as an excuse to poo poo all over everyone living in these neighborhoods.

Hi I'm an affluent downtown progressive and this is bullshit. The rest was dead on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Amalgamated Toronto was and still is a stupid idea