Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
So why are you holding it? You do realize Lakewood is a very well known fund with very smart people working there.

And as much as I love weed, I agree with him, it costs nothing to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Jack Daniels posted:

robinhood is super sketchy, but its commission free so you get what you pay for!!!!!!!

Is there a broker that has both mediocre fees and mediocre support?

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

dougdrums posted:

a lot/most of the brokers have recently gone to the $5 commission which is sweet. whatever you pick, don't pay more than that imo....

me personally I can only speak to:
-schwab: excellent service, but not so good fills when dealing with scalps and wild morning daytrade type entires where fills are critical
-etrade: slow customer service (AT FIRST), until I got on their Teh Elite Active Trader thing and now the CS is super. also, the fills are freaking amazing compared to schwab.... its like they are working hard to get you the best fills somehow, whereas schwab was almost the opposite

also etrade has really fast/great deposit and withdrawl transfers where the deposit is IMMEDIATLEY can use the funds the second you click the button, which is amazing. there are limitations of the amount, compared to your total account, etc.... but seriously being able to transfer money from your bank account with the click of the mouse and immediatley put that poo poo into a trade is epic :worship:

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
30 free trades per month with BofA / Merrill Edge with over 50K in checking/savings/brokerage combined. 100 free if over 100k.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

fougera posted:

So why are you holding it? You do realize Lakewood is a very well known fund with very smart people working there.

And as much as I love weed, I agree with him, it costs nothing to make.

Bread, beer, tomatoes, etc. cost nothing to make or grow, but that doesn't stop most people from buying them from the store. Constellation Brands probably has very smart people working there, too, and they bought a stake in it. :shrug: Maybe some of my money goes up in smoke, but what I think is a monumental legalization will occur this summer and generate a lot of interest in and business for these companies.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lol https://instagram.com/p/BeXchJzFkhJ/

Business
Feb 6, 2007

unironically true, potentially, because it's the other way around moviepass is banning certain theaters: http://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/2018/01/25/watch-moviepass-no-longer-working-amc-theaters/
love this company lol

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Business posted:

unironically true, potentially, because it's the other way around moviepass is banning certain theaters: http://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/2018/01/25/watch-moviepass-no-longer-working-amc-theaters/
love this company lol

I love when financial writing contains both the words "ruinous" and "mafia-style extortion."

Business
Feb 6, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I love when financial writing contains both the words "ruinous" and "mafia-style extortion."

It's for the benefit of small films so if it means kneecaping the sad movie studio system we have now that's a Righteous Cause Brother

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

yeah I didn't like it.... exit HMNY premarket 8.55 +41% tried to get greedy shoulda exited at 10 blah blah blah gg NEXT :shepspends:

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

eyeing (2) sketchy bottom pick plays ADOM and PXS

not for the faint of heart or any of you bluechip guys lmfao yeah dont look at the market cap :twisted:

https://www.finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=341&t=ADOM,PXS&ta=0

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jack Daniels posted:

not for the faint of heart or any of you bluechip guys lmfao yeah dont look at the market cap :twisted:

Woof. I love me some long shots.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

lol yes, in them both btw :razz:

also drat nice Open on HMNY bah gently caress super strong. oh well

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Jack Daniels posted:

Greek based shipping. Woof, that's not a firm I think I have an appetite for but GOOD loving LUCK JACK :getin:

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
ADOM’s a kinda famous pump and dump from a few months ago too. These penny stocks are too mainstream.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Greek shipping, dryships plays :razz:

WEED is back baby

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
INTC really blew it out of the water yesterday. As expected, the whole security issues didn't last long in investors consciousness.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Greek based shipping. Woof, that's not a firm I think I have an appetite for but GOOD loving LUCK JACK :getin:

lol yeah man thank you I know I will need it... greek shippers ultimate turds, have been burnt before :11tea:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Cheesemaster200 posted:

INTC really blew it out of the water yesterday. As expected, the whole security issues didn't last long in investors consciousness.

That wont have a material impact until the current quarter and for the rest of the fiscal year.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Risky Bisquick posted:

That wont have a material impact until the current quarter and for the rest of the fiscal year.

Yet people continue to pile in, regardless of this widely held prediction.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

dougdrums posted:

I've been using tastyworks as my options trading platform now if you're interested in that. And from what I've had to deal with I've had good customer support. Trash Android app though.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Yet people continue to pile in, regardless of this widely held prediction.
Intel is still basically the only game in town for servers until AMD can ramp volume supposedly for next quarter. If guidance from AMD sucks Wednesday AH, INTC will continue climbing despite AMD's competition to their core revenue.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
My office admin assistant is talking about how she made $2k in weed penny stocks. :bubblewoop:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

spf3million posted:

My office admin assistant is talking about how she made $2k in weed penny stocks. :bubblewoop:

At least that's a fun story. That's the kind of ridiculous investing talk I don't mind around the office. Consider the warehouse guy rolling up all "Hey, what do you know about bitcoin?" to the IT department for an example of the opposite.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Sexual Lorax posted:

Consider the warehouse guy rolling up all "Hey, what do you know about bitcoin?" to the IT department for an example of the opposite.

Owns.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sexual Lorax posted:

Consider the warehouse guy rolling up all "Hey, what do you know about bitcoin?" to the IT department for an example of the opposite.
Hopefully they told him to liquidate his 401k and buy BTC

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator
Hi thread. I've working on my MBA in finance and recently decided to dabble in trading options to get some real world experience. I bought a call of NVidia expiring 2/9 with a strike price of $250 at $2.66. Right now the ask is around $7.25 which would net me ~$460.

Earnings reports are likely for 2/7 and the stock is currently around $241.50. I'm pretty confident that this is going to end up in the money, but unlikely to go about the ~$258 price that would be necessary for me to cash out at the same level as today. I'm assuming most would sell here, but since this is a first for me, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious. Thanks goons!

fake edit: The contract is more like $6.8 after I started writing this, but the gist of the question is the same.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
If you want real world experience, keep holding the call until time decay kills your value and it expires worthless out of the money then you hate yourself for a few days

Edit: If you don't believe the stock will be worth more than $258, just sell now. Time decay it will lose some money over the weekend unless their stock continues to climb before earnings

Sepist fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 26, 2018

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

The best experience would be it popping to $275 on 2/12.

Selling it just because you think it's unlikely to go above $258 is not a bad idea but might be born of a bit of naivete. Unlikely events can have an outsized impact on your profitability, it's really a combination of how unlikely it is and the payoff you'd receive.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
WYNN dropping on WSJ report of Steve Wynn sexual misconduct allegations. I'm surprised it took this long for a CEO to get nailed and a stock to tank.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Vanilla Ice posted:

Hi thread. I've working on my MBA in finance and recently decided to dabble in trading options to get some real world experience. I bought a call of NVidia expiring 2/9 with a strike price of $250 at $2.66. Right now the ask is around $7.25 which would net me ~$460.

Earnings reports are likely for 2/7 and the stock is currently around $241.50. I'm pretty confident that this is going to end up in the money, but unlikely to go about the ~$258 price that would be necessary for me to cash out at the same level as today. I'm assuming most would sell here, but since this is a first for me, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious. Thanks goons!

fake edit: The contract is more like $6.8 after I started writing this, but the gist of the question is the same.
disclaimer: NVDA AMD bull
I think it will beat but not enough to justify the price, and there will be a pullback.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
Holding options that expire right after major events like earnings will be subject to IV crush. You need a beat and you should be confident in a gap up.

http://tastytradenetwork.squarespace.com/tt/blog/implied-volatility-crush

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So Robinhood getting into cryptos basically guarantees that the cryptos available via Robinhood will explode for most of February.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Why? Coinbase has substantially more accounts than Robinhood already and I bet people with Robinhood accounts have less money.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Uterine Lineup posted:

WYNN dropping on WSJ report of Steve Wynn sexual misconduct allegations. I'm surprised it took this long for a CEO to get nailed and a stock to tank.

How much, if any, of the company does his ex-wife have at this point?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

ohgodwhat posted:

Why? Coinbase has substantially more accounts than Robinhood already and I bet people with Robinhood accounts have less money.

Zero fees.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Great. How at risk are my meager Robinhood earnings now. Can I move what I have into a different broker?

keroppl
Jan 4, 2013

Sepist posted:

If you want real world experience, keep holding the call until time decay kills your value and it expires worthless out of the money then you hate yourself for a few days

Edit: If you don't believe the stock will be worth more than $258, just sell now. Time decay it will lose some money over the weekend unless their stock continues to climb before earnings

Decay isn't going to matter that much since earnings are expected before his expiration. If they announce it after the 9th then it will plummet.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

You can't transfer crypto into robinhood afaik. So there might be a dip as people pull their coins off coinbase into USD to transfer into Robinhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Isn't the Robinhood crypto "fee free" poo poo just going to mean that your buys and sells are at lovely prices? Circle used to do the same thing.. the transaction cost wasn't free, it was just hidden in the price of the coin.