Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Waffle House posted:

It's fun to do the CHUD-News WHOIS check on clickbait domains:

http://www.blastingnews.com/why-join-us/

I wonder who pays these incredibly skilled and talented people to write

Hard hitting stuff

THE BIG DOG DADDY fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

blasting sagl

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

blast my sagl

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

cvnvcnv posted:

Has there been a frank discussion about ethics in videogame journalism yet?

happening every day on voat dot co

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

im pretty trill about armor rerolling tbh

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The armor stats were pure garbage to begin with. Masterwork Armor just a lovely bandage to cover up an already bad idea.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I'm glad they can be rerolled, but yeah, it doesn't really address the problem of "two of your three armor stats are utterly useless garbage that don't do anything, why is that"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Salt bae but it’s Luke Smith sprinkling lavender on a huge turd

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well they said a bunch of stuff, let's see the reality come Tuesday. I want to believe

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Salt bae but it’s Luke Smith sprinkling lavender on a huge turd

:boom:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's cool that their immediate response to the understandable outcry that none of the faction weapons were available was to not release the weapons but instead tell fans dying of content drought to wait until next season maybe

The only thing cooler is their big hang up with removing shaders in bulk is the inability to figure out how to multiply a number by 25 to get the amount of glimmer you should receive.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm glad they can be rerolled, but yeah, it doesn't really address the problem of "two of your three armor stats are utterly useless garbage that don't do anything, why is that"

yeah, resilience and recovery are poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SlimGoodbody posted:

"mobility is a useless stat that doesn't do anything." - me, an idiot who has never run the gauntlet on two different characters with massively different mobility scores

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

"mobility is a useless stat that doesn't do anything." - me, an idiot who has never run the gauntlet on two different characters with massively different mobility scores

Uh iirc it’s only walk speed and not sprint speed so if you’re a big fat dumb slow bad jumper just wear MiDA or a lightweight gun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is the pirate game any good?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DrNutt posted:

Why do you only walk and single jump in the Gauntlet, you idiot lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh iirc it’s only walk speed and not sprint speed so if you’re a big fat dumb slow bad jumper just wear MiDA or a lightweight gun

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why do you only walk and single jump in the Gauntlet, you idiot lol

welp

I always thought it was my max mobility hunter vs my slow rear end titan but turns out it was MIDA all along

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

welp

I always thought it was my max mobility hunter vs my slow rear end titan but turns out it was MIDA all along

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is the pirate game any good?

It's probably your style

There's pvp if you want it to be pvp

You can steal chests from other boats and redeem them yourself

You can sneak onto somebody else's boat and steal it or place a powder keg on it and cause a leak which can sink them if they don't repair it.

They call it a beta but it's more of a demo but the cool thing is that you can pre-order and get the beta and cancel the pre-order immediately after you're done this Tuesday.

The gun feel is bad but it's kind of relaxing just setting out to sea to get some booty. Bernie and I have been having a blast.

Just make sure to matchmake with a crew using comms because the big ship needs a lot of coordination: one guy steering, one guy messing with the sails, one dude checking the map for navigation, and another to play music or shoot cannons.

We had some dude on our team try to take the boat out to sea while we were turning in chests so we all voted him into gay baby jail and we got really drunk and puked into his face for a while

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Clarification about TWAB
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242424774?sort=0&page=0

1. When applying the Masterwork upgrade to a Legendary, the stat package is rolled randomly.
2. All Raid Masterworks must be earned from raid drops and can’t be obtained from Engrams or vendors in the Tower.
3. Equipping a Raid Armor Mod will fully replace any mod that is currently equipped to the armor piece. While Raid Mods can be equipped at any time using a Raid Token, alternate mod consumables are lost in this process.

Clink link for bonus Dear John letters
I mean I complain about the game too but jfc

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
I still can't log into destiny 1 or 2. It has been this way since Wednesday and I have tried everything from rebuilding the database to downloading my licenses again. Other games work fine so I am at a loss.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I am glad that D2 in terms of armor is now entirely a reboot of the armor in D1 except streamlined.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Insane Totoro posted:

I am glad that D2 in terms of armor is now entirely a reboot of the armor in D1 except streamlined.

In another year we will have all the D1 features streamlined again!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So we now have a reason to raid outside of "for the fun of it?"

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Norns posted:

In another year we will have all the D1 features streamlined again!

I literally cannot wait

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

1. When applying the Masterwork upgrade to a Legendary, the stat package is rolled randomly.

GET hosed

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Seriously, Bungie, get hosed if that's the case.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

Is that legit saying that upgrading your armor to MW will change all the rolls on you?

Just the intrinsic "perk". So like restorative or heavy or mobile. (Or survivalist for hunters, etc.)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Personally, I wish they'd just make it so that rolling a piece of armor into a MW has a chance to make it an entirely different piece of armor.

For example, the raid armor has a chance to turn into the IB armor.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want to beat the raid

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cvnvcnv posted:

Is that legit saying that upgrading your armor to MW will change all the rolls on you?

Lmao

And raid mods take raid tokens to apply, and delete your actually-useful mods (+1 recovery)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol booted it up today by accident and not a single clan engram has been earned

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh hey another new av

The price of being on the vanguard of the “Hey this game is poo poo” movement I guess

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Fly Molo posted:

Lmao

And raid mods take raid tokens to apply, and delete your actually-useful mods (+1 recovery)

"Solar damage increased by 25% on Leviathan" or some poo poo????

Watch Emperor's Respite because Laser Tag lmao I'm almost willing to bet at least one of those mods will bug and be effective there.

the good fax machine posted:

Just the intrinsic "perk". So like restorative or heavy or mobile. (Or survivalist for hunters, etc.)
Could be worse, could be better, I'm not sure I feel anything anymore: DESTINY 2

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol booted it up today by accident and not a single clan engram has been earned

I logged on last night with the intent to play. Realized nothing changes until Tuesday, and now Monhun is out.

I'll do crucible and stuff when my kids get home, but it'll once again be a minimum of time spent on D2. I'm off the "they can turn it around" wagon and on the "well, this could be an OK time waster if they do something, I guess" wagon. I loving hate admitting that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Super No Vacancy posted:

i want to beat the raid

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nobody has posted in the ps4 lfg channel for two days

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Super No Vacancy posted:

nobody has posted in the ps4 lfg channel for two days

They're stuck in the raid, you must save them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PathAsc posted:

They're stuck in the raid, you must save them

Operation Oboe has failed, begin Operation Bassoon.