Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
When the program ran out of funding and was shut down, the dolphin was moved to a new location and committed suicide because he was so heartbroken. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That story inspired Ecco The Dolphin.
https://youtu.be/0xUvhUK8Dv8

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This is all very true, but that does not excuse this particular photographer from delivering such a lovely product and then telling the woman "my teacher didn't show us how to retouch photos." Christ, that's what half of professional photography is!

I worked for a pro photo lab (as in, our clients could bill in the 10s of thousands for photo sessions because they were just that good) in the dying days of film and I'm still bitter about how any idiot with a big enough bank account can buy themselves the most expensive equipment and get an Adobe Creative Cloud license and then just call themselves a photographer, all the while without knowing what an F-stop is or how to use reflectors and a fill flash.

And furthermore, you kids get off my lawn! :argh:

Agreed. I work in the stone and chisel industry and I often lament how just any rube off the street thinks they can pick up a quill and inkwell and just start writing things down.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Phanatic posted:

I will never get tired of these.

I’m gonna show this to my dad and make him feel old as gently caress.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jamesman posted:

When the program ran out of funding and was shut down, the dolphin was moved to a new location and committed suicide because he was so heartbroken. :(

gently caress, that's not even a joke.

quote:

At the Miami lab, held captive in smaller tanks with little or no sunlight, Peter quickly deteriorated, and after a few weeks Lovatt received news.

"I got that phone call from John Lilly," she recalls. "John called me himself to tell me. He said Peter had committed suicide."

Ric O'Barry corroborates the use of this word. "Dolphins are not automatic air-breathers like we are," he explains. "Every breath is a conscious effort. If life becomes too unbearable, the dolphins just take a breath and they sink to the bottom. They don't take the next breath." Andy Williamson puts Peter's death down to a broken heart, brought on by a separation from Lovatt that he didn't understand. "Margaret could rationalise it, but when she left, could Peter? Here's the love of his life gone."

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Who What Now posted:

Agreed. I work in the stone and chisel industry and I often lament how just any rube off the street thinks they can pick up a quill and inkwell and just start writing things down.

Look at this loser, using letters. Like a drawing of a mastodon hunt doesn't say it all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aleph Null posted:

How a lot of the research done on dolphins (and animals in general) back then would be considered completely abhorrent today.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Iron Crowned posted:

How a lot of the research done on dolphins (and animals in general) back then would be considered completely abhorrent today.

The lead researcher also injected the dolphins with LSD just to see what it would do. It did nothing.

unrelated dolphin picture

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

My brain can't learn new skills or languages any more but I still can pass the first couple of levels of this without thinking even though it's been 25 years since I played it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Aleph Null posted:

It's Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH all over again!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Looks fine to me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

The lead researcher also injected the dolphins with LSD just to see what it would do. It did nothing.

unrelated dolphin picture

My favorite animal being entertained:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifCmvLNQl3s

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

My favorite animal being entertained:

Someone please make a thread for this specific thing: Animals entertained by humans. I can't do it I am a thread killer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Quoth the raven "gently caress you, whore"

failing forward posted:

Someone please make a thread for this specific thing: Animals entertained by humans. I can't do it I am a thread killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ydGVpHoTHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQXeLjY9ak

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

https://publicdomainreview.org/collections/kittens-and-cats-a-first-reader-1911-cats-and-captions-before-the-internet-age/

Really old cat pictures with captions:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

:3:

On the same vein

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This could be a modern meme

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't know how, but that's a loss edit. I'm sure of it.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you

I've worked as a photo retoucher for 7 years, teach photoshop classes at college and I think they certainly got got their money's worth, these are amazing!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TopHatGenius posted:

:3:

On the same vein

That's probably one of my favorite pictures with a caption ever. The cat's expression is just perfect.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bored posted:

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard there was going to be a sex scene between the creature from the black lagoon and the heroine and it made me giggle. I just imagine the love scene involves the fish man sadly following her around hoping she'll lay her clutch of eggs so that he can wander by and fertilize them.

I doubt that's how it actually plays out.

There's only one way it plays out.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

bike tory posted:

I think they mean the one that changes Lakynn to Bobson Dugnutt here (I don't have it sry)

Also for peoples' edification and amusement here was her full list:
  • Taylee
  • McKarty
  • Nayvie 
  • Maylee
  • Kamree
  • Nykee
  • Taislee
  • Taigley
  • Tenley
  • McKamey
  • McKartnee
  • Tayvie

Sure, let's name our kid after a military branch, or a popular Toyota sedan, or a shoe brand. The rest just look like she took half the alphabet, threw it in a hat, handed it to Michael J. Fox and played the worst game of Scrabble ever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Blue Footed Booby posted:

"So long and thanks for all the handjobs."

Imagine being that woman and having to go home and have your SO ask how your day was.

It could be worse, she could have been the lady at the rhino breeding programme who had to do exactly what you think she did, but had huge problems because the boy rhino she was tugging off kept sitting down at the moment of climax, forcing her to start all over again.

Fake edit - I went looking for the rhino video because it was pretty funny (all her colleagues were making really inappropriate jokes at her) and discovered a loving horrorshow. I had to stop at "internal stimulation of elephant to collect its sperm" with the thumbnail being a guy with one of those shoulder length gloves standing next to an elephant's arse.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Jan 26, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Sure, let's name our kid after a military branch, or a popular Toyota sedan, or a shoe brand. The rest just look like she took half the alphabet, threw it in a hat, handed it to Michael J. Fox and played the worst game of Scrabble ever.

Nike is the goddess of victory

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It warms my heart that cat memes have been around as long as photography itself.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nike is the goddess of victory

Nykee is her younger sister, the demi-godess of horrible crushing defeat.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
https://i.imgur.com/9Q3Nd5C.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is like fighting in a dream.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is like fighting in a dream.

remind me of more than one drunk fight

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is like fighting in a dark souls

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I love the collective reaction of most of the dogs is "WHAT IS THIS DEMON MAGIC?! RUN AWAY!"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Db6JZHh0SA
This one's pretty good too

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Trumps America

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh man half of those are such chump deaths. Why on earth would you step into a pit you don't need to? Of course it's spikes, you pod huffer, you moron, you diggitydoink idiot.

Also what's the gripe with traps you can't spot until they kill you? Of course you can't spot them until they kill you! That's the point with traps! Like this guy couldn't even trap a prison to keep the prisoners out.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Rick Dangerous was just a roguelike. Starting over is part of the gameplay. :v:

Jamesman posted:

Long story short, they were teaching dolphins to use human language, but one fell in love with a lady and she had to masturbate him in order to calm him down and continue teaching him.
Male dolphins are randy bastards and will try to hump anything that moves swims.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Collateral Damage posted:

Male dolphins are randy bastards and will try to hump

I'm not sure the qualifier at the end is necessary at all tbh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I saw this stupid advertisement at lunch and it reminded me of this thread and I started laughing and my co-worker asked me what was so funny and I said: "what if that guy's name is Fazer* Brainhow" and he did not find it amusing.

*) Rhymes with LASER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBrezo
May 13, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

*) Rhymes with LASER.

In finnish i thought it was pronounced fah-zer no?

Only registered members can see post attachments!