Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Bugsy posted:

The latter.

The Fragment tab is live now. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2079766 75 GGG points.

I don't see the point in buying tabs for things you'll never have more then half a stash of by the end of a league.

I could fit all of my offerings/fragments/divine vessels/essences all in the same tab and still have room.

If you HAVE to spend money, get 2-3 regular tabs for the same price as one fancy tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TheRat posted:

I made a stat-stick and it's hilariously good

Here's a video of me using it on a jugger (so no gladiator explosions and no haemo gloves)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=936PUvPj00U

The best part of that video is you capturing me bragging about all the cool poo poo I bought for my new character.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
~30 maps, zero depths. I think that's around a 125% buff to liches instead of the pillars but I'm not sure.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jusupov posted:

~30 maps, zero depths. I think that's around a 125% buff to liches instead of the pillars but I'm not sure.

Counter-anecdote: I just got 2 liches in 10 minutes

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

TheRat posted:

Counter-anecdote: I just got 2 liches in 10 minutes

I've not had a single depths today :( What tier maps were you doing?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't see the point in buying tabs for things you'll never have more then half a stash of by the end of a league.

I could fit all of my offerings/fragments/divine vessels/essences all in the same tab and still have room.

If you HAVE to spend money, get 2-3 regular tabs for the same price as one fancy tab.

i already have 60 ptabs and 4 big stash tabs, and dont use like 20 of them, at this point these specific tabs are more for convenience of not having to manually organize poo poo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jusupov posted:

I've not had a single depths today :( What tier maps were you doing?

I got 3 liches in like 15-20 white maps, and the last one dropped a 2socket glove! I've not had any non-lich depths today. If you include all the maps I ran before and after the spree, I'd say 3 depths in maybe 50 maps?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I have to thank the people that buy like 40+ stashes plus buy new ones for keeping the game F2P to me

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

frajaq posted:

I have to thank the people that buy like 40+ stashes plus buy new ones for keeping the game F2P to me

yw

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

frajaq posted:

Back when we bought them they were actually quite useful :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

Back when we bought them they were actually quite useful :v:

yea it is kind of funny every new specific tab they come out with reduces another premium tab you need to use. Kind of wish we could sacrifice some premium tabs as a trade in to get a specific tab.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

yea it is kind of funny every new specific tab they come out with reduces another premium tab you need to use. Kind of wish we could sacrifice some premium tabs as a trade in to get a specific tab.

Or just recycle premium tabs into points at half value or whatever. At this point they're mostly just in the way

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have like 24 premium tabs. Previously, they would all be full and need to be sorted every weekend or so. Now like four of them are dumping grounds for characters before I delete them, six of them aren't named, and I didn't sort them all league.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The more you play, the more you recognise what items are worth keeping and therefore the less space you need for storage. It's ironic that newbie players need the most stash space but generally have the least.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I've seen a large anecdotal increase in liches, looks like the challenge will be possible now

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Elentor posted:

I go with rare boots and belt for maximum cooldown reduction then I start laughing maniacally as I put out 6m damage worth out of balls before the fight starts and my character frantically teleports all over the place uncontrollably.

I don't understand the connection between rare boots/belt and maximum cooldown reduction. Also what the heck is cooldown reduction in this game?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I don't understand the connection between rare boots/belt and maximum cooldown reduction. Also what the heck is cooldown reduction in this game?

It's a mod that can appear on shaper(?) or elder boots/belts.

Cooldown reduction is exactly what it sounds like, but also has the added boost of reducing internal cooldowns on things like Cast on Critical Strike or other triggered skills like Mjolnir or Poet's Pens.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this game makes me appreciate Titan Quest's excellent auto sort button

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

this game makes me appreciate Titan Quest's excellent auto sort button

Oh god yes. Been playin Grim Dawn too recently and not having something like this just feels odd.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Vasudus posted:

It's a mod that can appear on shaper(?) or elder boots/belts.

Cooldown reduction is exactly what it sounds like, but also has the added boost of reducing internal cooldowns on things like Cast on Critical Strike or other triggered skills like Mjolnir or Poet's Pens.

Oh, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Where exactly is the cooldown recovery being put to use in a Desecrate/VD setup? Or is he on Poet's Pen and that's why it's useful.

I dump all my div cards and essences into the same tab and not having an auto-sort button is offensive.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Where exactly is the cooldown recovery being put to use in a Desecrate/VD setup? Or is he on Poet's Pen and that's why it's useful.

I dump all my div cards and essences into the same tab and not having an auto-sort button is offensive.

In a regular Desecrate/VD setup it would be ok, I guess, because it would reduce the cooldown on Desecrate. But on pens it would be very good because it reduces the trigger time on them.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

autosort is one of the things GGG has said they're pretty firmly against, since they want items to have weight and meaning and poo poo.

also it'd really lessen the value of the special stash tabs if you could just use any old quad tab with an autosort. :ssh:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm looking forward to next league since I will

1. have a premium stash tab to sell from, from the start
2. not be playing Gloomhaven every single night (we're nearing the end of the content, and have slowed a bit besides)
3. be playing like a madman to get some gaming in before kid #2 arrives

All of which means maybe I'll actually get some currency via this trading thing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

next league i will tell myself im actually going to kill shaper and then get fed up and realize my build isnt that good about halfway through red maps

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Next league I'm starting either SR Trickster or Spectre Necromancer. Probably SR Trickster because I started Spectre Necromancer this league. Depends on the Ascendency rebalance though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Was kinda thinking about starting next league off by farming an oni-goroshi and using it for my first build. Would be cool to have a 6 link that early and dealing with the degen while leveling could be a fun challenge.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Holyshoot posted:

I would love to be able to convert 4 premium tabs into one of those quad tabs.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

The Locator posted:

I would love to be able to convert 4 premium tabs into one of those quad tabs.

It would be nice if you could at least upgrade premium tabs to quad tabs like you can upgrade normal tabs to premium tabs.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Was kinda thinking about starting next league off by farming an oni-goroshi and using it for my first build. Would be cool to have a 6 link that early and dealing with the degen while leveling could be a fun challenge.

Yeah but in the time you spend in the twilight strand you could get a character to the blood aquaducts and farm up a tabula.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kid 2 will kill your game time. Your problems don't double they are squared

Which is guess if you only have one problem is ok.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Mr. Despair posted:

Yeah but in the time you spend in the twilight strand you could get a character to the blood aquaducts and farm up a tabula.

Tabula doesn’t come stapled to a sword that’s better than Starforge, though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I sold my anime swords after Mathil did a YouTube on them.

Did anyone figure out some real good builds for it?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Eminai posted:

Sure, but choosing to go full anime because you want a fast 6-link is a dumb reason to do it, since it's probably one of the slower, more boring ways to get a fast 6-link.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mr. Despair posted:

Sure, but choosing to go full anime because you want a fast 6-link is a dumb reason to do it, since it's probably one of the slower, more boring ways to get a fast 6-link.

Well that's just one reason. Another is I'd get a sword wife :colbert:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eminai posted:

Neither does oni-goroshi

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Starforge needs to just drop witty Shaper quotes on a regular basis to compete with everyone's favorite anime-waifu

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just have it say "You reek of imperfection" every time you fail to one-shot something.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Weeaboo sword works well. Doing a flicker build and it's the first time I get to down all guardians. Now that I know them a bit better I can do them deathless too. Going to try shaper next, but the sword is good. What I do is use flicker for mapping, and switch to another identical Oni sword with Blade Flurry for bosses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Do the swords get jealous of each other? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

TheRat posted:

Neither does oni-goroshi

You are really bad at this game, huh?