Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm p excited about the next Soul Calibur, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIdQGePIB8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fix posted:

I'll get excited if and when they bring back Talim :colbert:.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fix posted:

Holy gently caress, Nightmare AND Nightmare Kilik??? :swoon:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just finished the Last Guardian, pretty fun, a few frustrations. And without fail, managed to finish it right as my loud roommates came home, which is always a great way to kill the emotional kick of the ending.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anora posted:

Just finished the Last Guardian, pretty fun, a few frustrations. And without fail, managed to finish it right as my loud roommates came home, which is always a great way to kill the emotional kick of the ending.

Ouch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Anora posted:

Kill your roommate, gently caress this gay earth, marry trico.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I know this gets asked every few pages, but my brother and his g/f are after some couch co-op games.

Open to any and all suggestions as they haven't given me any specific requirements.

And no, Bloodborne does not loving count as couch co-op

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo the 3rd and Rocket League.

Until Dawn is technically single player but it's very fun to play with someone else to help make decisions.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Man i just want to get through this work day, go home, order a pizza smoke weed and hunt monsters.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

Until Dawn is technically single player but it's very fun to play with someone else to help make decisions.

This is part of the reason I love Telltale games. My partner loves stories and drama, but is kind of clumsy with controls. He gets to pick dialogue options and so on while I'm at the controls.

Its kind of sweet in that he doesn't have the predisposition towards TT games that "normal" players might get. He doesn't see that choices matter very little, he just think its awesome that Lee and Clementine talk poo poo to people when he wants them to. :buddy:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Diablo the 3rd and Rocket League.

Hidden Agenda's worth playing as well. Be aware that it's a Playlink game, but it was made by the same developers as Until Dawn based on the very fact that people sat and made decisions together.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Any good builder sims / management / tycoon games for PS4? Outside of Cities Skylines?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

freeranger posted:

I know this gets asked every few pages, but my brother and his g/f are after some couch co-op games.

Open to any and all suggestions as they haven't given me any specific requirements.

Overcooked!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Olive! posted:

Overcooked!

This is one of the most fun co-op games I've ever played

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

freeranger posted:

Rayman Legends and Gang Beasts

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Real hurthling! posted:

But you're gonna get half the worthwhile indies and all the bad ones in your ps plus sub.

Or they will be on deep discount on ps first.

I want to play more than exclusives on my switch but nintendo makes it hard unless you dont care about being frugal

They actually do seem to be doing a better job with prices. Nintendo has a sale of like 30% off several games this week, including rabbids and doom and several indies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I finish the story in Assassin's Creed: Origins, and drat it was good :suspense:.

(Big ending spoilers) I'd hoped, but never expected, to actually take part in the Roman senate coup :murder:.

My only complaint is the whole "Aya is dead, I am Amunet :emo:" thing is completely hollow and pointless; You know for a fact that Aya and Bayek reunite at some point in the future; they're buried together.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I hunted some monsters but it’s having connectivity issues like you might expect at launch, so I’m gonna quit for now.

Also I don’t yet know what to do when you’re fighting one large monster and another one trundles in and they both aggro.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

If you have PSVR then I can't recommend Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes and The Diner Duo enough if you want couch co-op.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Samurai Sanders posted:

I hunted some monsters but it’s having connectivity issues like you might expect at launch, so I’m gonna quit for now.

Also I don’t yet know what to do when you’re fighting one large monster and another one trundles in and they both aggro.

My copy hasn't gotten to me yet but the answer in all previous games has been 'throw poop at one of them'

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just following up on the question I asked yesterday; GMG did send my Monster Hunter key yesterday... But their keys can't be activated until the game becomes available. So I just preloaded before work :shrug:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I finish the story in Assassin's Creed: Origins, and drat it was good :suspense:.

(Big ending spoilers) I'd hoped, but never expected, to actually take part in the Roman senate coup :murder:.

My only complaint is the whole "Aya is dead, I am Amunet :emo:" thing is completely hollow and pointless; You know for a fact that Aya and Bayek reunite at some point in the future; they're buried together.

That second point is tied into something from AC2: Amunet is in Ezio's Hall of fame for killing Cleopatra carving her way through a bunch of other historical figures.

Also, let's assume I'm becoming a turbo sperg for AC, and have no issue with the repetitive gameplay. Story aside would Unity or Syndicate be my best bet? The former has the Brotherhood meta game where you level assassin's and stuff, which I enjoy, but Syndicate seems to have city development and territory wars. :ohdear:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait a little bit and see if the newcomer tangles with the one you're already fighting (does a shitload of damage to one of them, gives research points for both and looks FUCKIN' COOL) or huck turds at them from your slinger. Or just evacuate for a bit and keep an eye on them via the map/scoutflies.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Really happy with how my hunter and Palico look:

Yep, reallllllly happy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

poptart_fairy posted:

That second point is tied into something from AC2: Amunet is in Ezio's Hall of fame for killing Cleopatra carving her way through a bunch of other historical figures.

Also, let's assume I'm becoming a turbo sperg for AC, and have no issue with the repetitive gameplay. Story aside would Unity or Syndicate be my best bet? The former has the Brotherhood meta game where you level assassin's and stuff, which I enjoy, but Syndicate seems to have city development and territory wars. :ohdear:

Syndicate has the WWI part.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

poptart_fairy posted:

Huh I thought the name was familiar. Been a looooong time since I played AC2.

On something else in Origins I like the little optional Precursor diatribes, but they really need a bit of feedback out o Bayek from them. Especially as they've pulled an Ezio and used him as a conduit to speak to Layla.

Also on the ending; I'm quite surprised there was absolutely nothing advancing the metaplot at all this time. I'm not complaining at all, and I hope Layla gets to be the new ongoing protagonist because good lord the series needs one, but just surprised Juno was completely absent.

Go with Syndicate. Unity isn't as bad as people say since most of the bugs got crushed (it's just very tepid aside from one or two okay moments), but the punchline to the story of it is there was no threat at all to begin with and it was a solved problem. If you want to know; The Animus hunt is for a Sage who was believed to be in Paris at the time of the revolution, a person with an unusually high concentration of Precursor genes (something like 5-6% vs 0.0005% in the various Assassins with Eagle Vision) that Abstergo wanted the corpse of so they could try and synthesize a full Precursor genome. The punchline to the ending is Arno burying the Sage's remains (after killing him as the final antagonist) in the Paris Catacombs amongst millions of random skulls and bones so no-one could ever find him and Abstergo couldn't have found it if they tried.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Fix posted:

I'm glad the old characters are back and not their boring substitutes from SC5, just need my bros Voldo and Astaroth now.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It is really cool that they are adding Raiden from Metal Gear Rising to Soulcalibur

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
50% done The Lost Guardian
75% done Neir: Automata
5% done DOOM 2016
250 hours Bloodborne (90% 4th playthrough completion)
15% done Horizon: Zero Dawn
Someone who is good at video games please help me budget this
My family is dying

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

5% done DOOM 2016
My family is dying

Doom is like 10 hrs long, youve got like 6 hours of tlg left. The latter endings of nier are quick. You could finish all that in a week or two if you tried

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hello all. If you're not Hunting Monsters you should be. Game is good as hell

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Norns posted:

Hello all. If you're not Hunting Monsters you should be. Game is good as hell

I played Centipede does that count

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

I played Centipede does that count

Sure if you feel good about it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What's so good about the monster game? What makes it better than other games where you run and kill stuff?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

John F Bennett posted:

What's so good about the monster game? What makes it better than other games where you run and kill stuff?

The bit where you beat the poo poo out a bunch of massive arachnids and then fashion their scales into a lance and shield set that looks just like one of their legs is when it really sold itself to me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bust Rodd posted:

5% done DOOM 2016
My family is dying

Spend less time on Bloodborne

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

Spend less time on Bloodborne

NO

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Syndicate is the better game, but Unity is the more interesting one since I find that Syndicate did nothing new that other AC games didn't outside of giving you a grappling hook and honestly just feels like a reskin of the same old Assassins Creed formula whilst Unity feels like it was made by developers who never played an Assassins Creed before and had interesting ideas but absolutely no idea how to execute them.

Both aren't great, so take your pick.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I'm glad the old characters are back and not their boring substitutes from SC5, just need my bros Voldo and Astaroth now.

It's meant to be a retelling of Soul Calibur 1. I wouldn't be surprised if Namco goes the Mortal Kombat 9 route and just reboots the series.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A lot of you that love souls/borne stuff should give Monster Hunter World a try.

Combat isn't identical or anything. But it definitely has similarities that work insanely good with what equates to constantly fighting giant loving boss monsters. And then wearing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Syndicate is the better game, but Unity is the more interesting one since I find that Syndicate did nothing new that other AC games didn't outside of giving you a grappling hook and honestly just feels like a reskin of the same old Assassins Creed formula whilst Unity feels like it was made by developers who never played an Assassins Creed before and had interesting ideas but absolutely no idea how to execute them.

Unity definitely had some neat ideas, if nothing else. The crowd engine was amazing, and I wish they'd refined it instead of tossing it in the bin, and I really liked the modular outfits.