Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay somebody please explain Zenurik school to me. Someone in chat mentioned it was the way to go for good energy regen, and that's been my major issue with half the frames lately so I ran with it. I'm looking at this tree though, and it looks like the energy regen is triggered by a void dash- every 30 seconds. Do I really have to 5/ctrl-space/5 every 30 seconds to keep my energy regen up? Seems like that would get old.

Yeah, you really have to do that. Making a mouse/autohotkey macro for void dash helps. I agree that it's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You don't need to void dash that often for energy unless you're just constantly casting and nothing else, I usually just dash first thing in a mission to top off the tank and then do it intermittently the few times I actually start running dry.

Note that energy regen is disabled when you're channeling an ability like Ember's world on fire or Oberon's renewal, so persistent drain stuff isn't helped by it, or the bonus 50% orb energy boost from zen, or things like energy siphon.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

DoombatINC posted:

You don't need to void dash that often for energy unless you're just constantly casting and nothing else, I usually just dash first thing in a mission to top off the tank and then do it intermittently the few times I actually start running dry.

Note that energy regen is disabled when you're channeling an ability like Ember's world on fire or Oberon's renewal, so persistent drain stuff isn't helped by it, or the bonus 50% orb energy boost from zen, or things like energy siphon.

The only persistent drain I run is Oberon's and that is pretty much self sustaining. Do the Excalibur/Ivara #4 weapons count as persistent drain? I've never checked.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yep, anything that you toggle on and off which drains energy blocks regen.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So I finally crafted enough weapons that I’ve run out of slots. I plan to buy some in the future, but I reckon I’ve got some waste sitting around that I can scrap first to free up room for new stuff. Is there any reason (other than maybe personal attachment) I shouldn’t get rid of the following:

Mk-1 Paris
Mk-1 Kunai
Mk-1 Bo
Kraken (maybe used in a BP for another gun?)
Fragor (I, too, hated using this thing. If you’re gonna take 5 seconds to wind up and smack something it drat well better send it flying comedically into the stratosphere)
Heat Sword (it was the free one so I think it’s potato’d too, not attached to it though)
Mk-1 Furis
Lato (also maybe used to make another gun?)
Obex (fun to use, but I dunno if they’re really any good)
Jaw

Is there some painful reason I’d miss these in the future?

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 26, 2018

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Kraken is used to make the Kulstar (you want a Kulstar), otherwise you can safely get rid of any of those as they're not especially hard to get back if you wanted

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Kraken (maybe used in a BP for another gun?)

Get rid of the MK-1s as soon as you finish levelling them up. Kraken is indeed a component in the Kulstar, so you may want to keep that.

Here's the list of the weapons used as parts:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

DoombatINC posted:

Yep, anything that you toggle on and off which drains energy blocks regen.

Apparently #4 on Ivara actually drains per shot, not per second. So all of the regen still works. Seems quite powerful!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

quote:

Ivara cannot replenish energy using Trinity's Energy Vampire and Team Energy Restores while Artemis Bow is active; however, Energy Siphon, Energy Orbs and Zenurik's passive buffs can still replenish energy even while the ability is active.

Huh, well how 'bout them apples :v:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Stalkerr posted:

When should I Forma? I really enjoy my skana mk1 (which is level 30 now), and I just built a catalyst - should I drop the catalyst and Forma on it so I can (presumably) add more mods to it and wreck higher-level faces?

EDIT: Or should I drop an orokin on my sword and Forma my excal? So many choices!

I’m getting into a rut right now where my frame (Excal), sentinel and almost all the weapons I can build are level 30, so I need some way to make things blow up more.

Also, Fragor is super annoying to use. I need to for mastery points, but I can’t wait to be done and sell it.

I’m at Mastery rank 4 and at Ceres, if it helps

Nononononono never ever forma/potato MK1 weapons ever. If you like the MK1 Skana grab the regular Skana blueprint from the market or fight Vor until he drops the Cronus bp which is an even better Skana. That said both weapons are kinda crap, most of the 1-h swords are, actually. Conserve your forma/potatos until you've progressed. Also as you finish the story quests you'll recieve a very very very good 1-handed sword for free and it comes pre-potatoed. If you're into swords go to the dojo and pick up a Nikana blueprint, then when you get it to 30 upgrade it to the Dragon Nikana. If you want to branch out the Guandao is a MR4 melee weapon and one of the best in the game, and is fairly easy to build.

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay somebody please explain Zenurik school to me. Someone in chat mentioned it was the way to go for good energy regen, and that's been my major issue with half the frames lately so I ran with it. I'm looking at this tree though, and it looks like the energy regen is triggered by a void dash- every 30 seconds. Do I really have to 5/ctrl-space/5 every 30 seconds to keep my energy regen up? Seems like that would get old.

At max rank it's 5 energy/s for 30 seconds. Plus any energy orbs you pick up along the way are going to give you 50% additional energy over 5 seconds. You don't have to void dash nearly as often as you'd think.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
guys there's no such thing as a MK-1 skana please stop you are triggering me

the mastery ghoul living inside my soul thinks she missed weapon now and I am itchy all over

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Say someone was terribly retarded and doesn't know how to unlock new bits of the focus tree. What would I this fictional and critically stupid person do you correct that?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Run Cetus bounties for lenses, slot the lenses into frames or weapons and grind out enough focus in the lens' schools to unlock them

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm assuming you completed War Within. If not, complete War Within

Hit Escape > Operator > Focus, which brings up the focus menu. Equip lenses of the appropriate school in your frames/guns to earn focus, then unlock them through that menu

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
It says "seek out the quills" or something like that

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Once you've finished War Within go visit the Quills guy in Cetus. He's in a small room to the right of the big gate that opens up to the plains.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

It says "seek out the quills" or something like that

(spoilers for pre-War Within) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDtplRau98

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Thanks!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Ooohhh, I thought you meant new school trees, not new trees within the schools. Yeah, do stuff for the Quills on Cetus, you'll want to anyways for upgraded void power amps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

guys there's no such thing as a MK-1 skana please stop you are triggering me

the mastery ghoul living inside my soul thinks she missed weapon now and I am itchy all over

Have you levelled MK-1 Lato?

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Orokin reactor alert up right now, yall.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Invisible Ted posted:

Orokin reactor alert up right now, yall.

There is not.

E: I'm blind.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Well gently caress.

Apparently this is a thing. I've sent out the boosters to the first 8 people:

quote:

glickeroo
CheetoMD
xiansi
TylanaKalos
1GOOD1FRIEND1
Enzeevee
FarmerJimbo
keldosh

But the next 8 will have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully only until after reset) and the last few until the day after tomorrow. I'm very sorry :(

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Thanks for the advice, all. I’m in the clan, and I was utterly overwhelmed with what was in the dojo store. I’ll check it out again.

I’ve got a Galatine Prime piece out of lith relics, and it looks pretty cool.

It turns out I have the Cronus, and I guess I was thinking of that when I was thinking of the skana.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

really digging the new genocide themed warframe skin

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Night10194 posted:

It's a contender for 'best assault rifle'. I'm pretty sure Soma Prime still beats it out some, but not in my heart.

It's so much better than soma p in every way, especially fashion.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I just spent 30 seconds on Mars->Ceres junction, killing spectre with my unlevelled, unmodded Fragor. God bless the new newbie sentinel with frost gun.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

kxZyle posted:

Well gently caress.

Look on the bright side: You've won Warframe.

I'm fine with being in the last batch, if that helps any? If I had too much 4x affinity I might consider buying the Prisma archwing sword from Baro.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Menstrual Show posted:

It's so much better than soma p in every way, especially fashion.

The firing sound is way way cooler, too.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the grakata line is less reliable than the soma prime but i play warframe to do interesting things, so the prisma gorgon and argonak already push the soma down to the bottom for me and i'm sure the prisma grakata will do the same

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

But the next 8 will have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully only until after reset) and the last few until the day after tomorrow. I'm very sorry :(

Actually, nobody has to wait because Wyld_Karde and TennoTennis have generously agreed to help me distribute the boosters. They are now also being sent out to:

quote:

notpsion
weirdoldbonw
Fatallica
Seppah
EdmondSA
Rdyjin
garbage_day
KodChim
YoshiOfYellow
SmithCommaJohn
Terminal02
Beaverific
Sarsapariller
weedGOKU666

Thanks for participating, guys! Enjoy the weekend.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

kxZyle posted:

x
Thanks for participating, guys! Enjoy the weekend.

Thank you!

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

kxZyle posted:

Well gently caress.

Apparently this is a thing. I've sent out the boosters to the first 8 people:

That's funny and dumb, but kinda makes sense from a 'minimize the damage hacked accounts can do.' if you want I can gift out 8more winners and you can pay me back next week in figures or something like that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

thanks for the booster! Now I'm really getting that prisma AW blade :shepface:

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Is it worth potatoing any warframe I plan to keep?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

OdinsBeard posted:

Is it worth potatoing any warframe I plan to keep?

my strategy on this is that I will only potato prime frames that I want to keep unless there's no way I can get the prime.

so my excal has a potato, my ember does not, my nekros prime does.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

generally potato any warframe except for ones that have a prime variant

in my experience melee weapons are the only things that can be serviceable without a potato (or even a forma until you start getting into primed mods) due to stances giving you more mod capacity

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So I finally crafted enough weapons that I’ve run out of slots. I plan to buy some in the future, but I reckon I’ve got some waste sitting around that I can scrap first to free up room for new stuff. Is there any reason (other than maybe personal attachment) I shouldn’t get rid of the following:

Fragor (I, too, hated using this thing. If you’re gonna take 5 seconds to wind up and smack something it drat well better send it flying comedically into the stratosphere)

Use it with channeling.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Some interesting changes in the patch notes today:

Ghoul Bounty tables have received new items including Nitain, Cetus Wisps, and Breath of the Eidolon!

Bounties are now Mastery Rank tiered! In the current system, a player of any Mastery Rank could queue up and join any Bounty, even the highest level ones! In order to avoid a mismatch in experience, we've simply set each Bounty to have a default Mastery Rank. It looks a little something like this: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/uploads/prototype_sabotage.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cheers for the booster team!