Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Not a master Sonya by any means but I go jump if we lack any other proper engage and they are squishy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What is a good way to stack voodoo ritual? I haven't played Nazeebo in forever, but when I tried last night I only wound up with like 100 stacks by level 18.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Erdricks posted:

What is a good way to stack voodoo ritual? I haven't played Nazeebo in forever, but when I tried last night I only wound up with like 100 stacks by level 18.
Use your abilities on minion waves, push two lanes at once, and ignore your team.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
People will tell you that spiders Nazeebo is "the best" build but it actually kind of sucks (49% win rate, whereas toads are 55%). It has dogshit wave clear so you always end up being late to every team fight unless you decide not to farm stacks (a valid choice to make! Nazeebo's other level 20 talents aren't bad)

Toad Nazeebo is pretty drat strong against a lowish mobility team, but I'm always iffy relying on abilities that can be juked by good players.

My favourite build is Thing of the Deep/Blood Ritual/Dead Rush. It's less potential team fight damage than spider build, but not having to rely on hitting single targets with Q really helps you put out consistent damage, plus your utility is better. 20% extra range makes it a lot easier to trap people with zombies, and the 75% extra damage on them makes them hurt.

But the real benefit of this build is you can clear waves without having to stick around. Cast your poo poo on some minions and immediately walk away and the extra zombie damage makes it so you'll get your stacks easy peasy. Blood Ritual is key to making sure you don't go oom while doing this. Being able to farm stacks like this means you can spend more time with your team which means team fights will go better. Not to mention having better wave clear straight up means better map pressure and more exp.

HelixFox fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 26, 2018

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Are the hero league and quick match mmrs supposed to be aligned? Because in quickmatch hotslogs has me as platinum but bottom of silver for hero league. And my quickmatch games are usually fun and cooperative whilst hero league the players seem much worse and the quality of games much lower. Like, not covering a lane at all and ignoring all the objectives bad.

Is this common? Is my hero league MMR skewed from losing a bunch and not playing it very much? Or is it just because I'm bad at drafting and don't always get to pick my favourite characters / roles?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Macaluso posted:

Maiev doesn’t look like other Wardens in WoW at all. No other Warden has the big ponytail like she does and same goes for her shoulders. I don’t think they have that big cloak either. I think Maiev has a really strong character design to be honest

Prior to Legion, I'm pretty sure the only Wardens you ever met just used Maiev's model. The ones you run into in Legion use the half helm appearance, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Theyre separate mmrs in both system. Hotslog rankings seem inflated in general, ie, plat hotslogs is more often than not gold HL.

I think most peoples' QM score in hotlog is higher than their HL score because disproportionately more bad players play QM, raising everyone's mmr.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:

HelixFox posted:

But the real benefit of this build is you can clear waves without having to stick around. Cast your poo poo on some minions and immediately walk away and the extra zombie damage makes it so you'll get your stacks easy peasy. Blood Ritual is key to making sure you don't go oom while doing this. Being able to farm stacks like this means you can spend more time with your team which means team fights will go better. Not to mention having better wave clear straight up means better map pressure and more exp.

I should probably know this but if you just fire and forget some toads and spiders and zombies at a wave and leave do you get the EXP if they get the killing blows or do you still have to be close to the dying minions to get it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nm I misunderstood the question.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Cuatal posted:

I should probably know this but if you just fire and forget some toads and spiders and zombies at a wave and leave do you get the EXP if they get the killing blows or do you still have to be close to the dying minions to get it?

You get the exp if you or one of your minions gets the killing blow. E.g. Azmodan can dunk a wave from half the map away and he'll get the exp if it kills them, but not if it does 90% of their hp and minions finish them off.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
For Sonya, I pretty much only go leap if by some stroke of luck I'm the only warrior or its a double bruiser comp. You can get so much value with wrath. I could also see taking leap if your team is struggling finishing people off, but I don't think that should be an issue as Sonya.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
TLV will be on sale next week. Kinda thinking of picking them up despite not being that good at microing.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I’m a wrath sonya but for most pro games they go leap and do some crazy initiation or trap

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I just had an unranked match on Towers. I was E.T.C (CHYEEAAAAH!) with a Sylvanus, Lucio, Johanna and Thrall. They were Uther, D.Va, Nova, Tracer and The Butcher.

We won in 7:36, 6 kills to 1, level 11 to 9. It wasn't even fun. I died once because half our kills were from diving their "You Shall Not Pass" cannons to CC them into the loving ground. It was disgusting.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The revealing skin for Maiev is obviously going to be the Priestess of the Moon/Tyrande skin she'll have to finish off the altered fates set.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

remember posted:

For Sonya, I pretty much only go leap if by some stroke of luck I'm the only warrior or its a double bruiser comp. You can get so much value with wrath. I could also see taking leap if your team is struggling finishing people off, but I don't think that should be an issue as Sonya.

Wrath if your fights are you going in and punching people for a good while. Leap if you want to jump on their one low mobility squishy to murder them instantly.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Leap is the better Sonya ult because if you land on somebody as Sonya and stun them they are dead. If you brought any of your team with you at all then you can probably wipe your opponent. It totally eliminates “how am I going to get to that backline?” from your thought process, you just press one button and you are loving up the enemy team badly if you land on any of them.

Wrath is better if your team has a ton of other CC and they set fights up for you beautifully and the extra stats give you extra killing power and everything is perfect. So basically never because that’s a fantasy.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I take wrath near every time, unless fi there's a squishy I absolutely need to murder. Mystical spear is the default but life funnel is nice if they're super low on CC, to let you leech health.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

bio347 posted:

The revealing skin for Maiev is obviously going to be the Priestess of the Moon/Tyrande skin she'll have to finish off the altered fates set.

She'll get an Overwatch universe skin-tight body suit

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
HGC Europe is live. The Maiev spotlight will be after the first match.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

1stGear posted:

HGC Europe is live. The Maiev spotlight will be after the first match.

LIES :mad: They're starting a second game now

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Though, now that I think about it, doesn't mystical spear get comparitably worse to life funnel when poisoned spear gets nerfed more, because one of the big components of mystical spear is the 3s cooldown reduction allowing for more big poisoned spear hits.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Macaluso posted:

LIES :mad: They're starting a second game now

A match is a full set of best of 5 rounds.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Maiev seems good for one of those space fantasy skins, imo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

1stGear posted:

A match is a full set of best of 5 rounds.

That's dumb :mad:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yukari posted:

Though, now that I think about it, doesn't mystical spear get comparitably worse to life funnel when poisoned spear gets nerfed more, because one of the big components of mystical spear is the 3s cooldown reduction allowing for more big poisoned spear hits.
Talent would be worth taking even with 0 CDR.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Take Follow Through on Sonya unless there's a bunch of blinds.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Maiev seems good for one of those space fantasy skins, imo.

Now I'm going to be disappointed when there isn't a Judge Maiev skin.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

ZeusJupitar posted:

Now I'm going to be disappointed when there isn't a Judge Maiev skin.

I'd like to see a Flower Power Maighyevh that beats people to death with an enormous tambourine.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The math on poison spear vs follow through: poisoned spear bonus dmg is 5x more than follow through bonus damage. So you need to use at least 4 abilities for each spear you connect with to get better follow through value than poisoned spear value. This is not unlikely even with mystical spear, but it's not totally a given.

Follow through also makes war paint stronger while not making block stronger.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 26, 2018

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Slam-spamming usually gets in at least that many follow through attacks, plus yeah, the extra healing from warpaint. I've never mathed it out but for me it just feels way better to play with.

Mystical spear is a 100% pick though. Having that in your pocket as an escape is great.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
First match is over, Maiev spotlight should be soon

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The heal is probably better than Follow Through unless you're just not being prioritized in team fights. Life Funnel is also really strong vs certain comps that can't CC you or have ridiculous burst. All of the talents are good and you should pick the right one depending on the situation instead of just slam picking one every time.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

4 minute countdown!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Figured they would make her anti-mobility (what with being Illidan's nemesis) and they did: AoE focused assassin with a lot of movement prevention/CC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-ibABP9gs

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Maiev looks loving incredible

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

She looks very fun!! I like them sort of using that one mechanic from the end of Vault of the Wardens for one of her ultimates

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looks powerful and beautiful

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Whelp, she looks real fun and real annoying to play against. I assume she will also attract a bunch of bads that die constantly with her. Much like Illidan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Her trait, Vault of the Wardens, is a dirty, dirty pun and I love it.