Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

On the topic of missing original voice cast, good LORD do I still miss Kenshin's original english VA in Samurai Warriors 1. 2 and beyond sound 'alright', but it just lacks something that 1 had that just made him click.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jack Trades posted:

https://youtu.be/C1SrQAauOeI?t=52

This dub is all I wanted it to be. :allears:

The new character models look so much more... human? Its great.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I2mEd7m-s

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some new info about DW9's mechanics.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/956557245659062272
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/956558091302023168
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/956559885700800512
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/956560296973238272

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

My chief question is whether a max-level character gets enough points to raise all stats to their caps.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Maleketh posted:

My chief question is whether a max-level character gets enough points to raise all stats to their caps.

If not, I believe it would be the first main series Warriors game to do that. So history says that it should be possible to max everything.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Supposedly DW9 is $70 on PC.

So that's cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I heard from some random source- I dunno probably Screwattack or something- that the Punisher has killed like tens of thousands of people of his comics lifespan. So I gotta ask, how has he never been in a Dynasty Warriors game yet?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RareAcumen posted:

So I heard from some random source- I dunno probably Screwattack or something- that the Punisher has killed like tens of thousands of people of his comics lifespan. So I gotta ask, how has he never been in a Dynasty Warriors game yet?

Projectile weapons tend to be poo poo?

But if you can get your hands on Basara 3, Magoichi pretty much does play like how I'd imagine castle would.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Projectile weapons tend to be poo poo?

But if you can get your hands on Basara 3, Magoichi pretty much does play like how I'd imagine castle would.

Is Linkle the only success story or something?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

PureRok posted:

Supposedly DW9 is $70 on PC.

So that's cool.

It is? :confused: Isn't that $10 more than the usual asking price of a new game? ($60)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I'm fine with that only if the port is top notch. I don't expect them to invest in making a good quality PC version if they don't have the numbers to match on PC compared to console, and would be happy to be charged just a little extra for the conveniences I expect on PC. However, since this is Tecmo Koei who are notorious for their poor PC porting, this is just salt being poured on the wound.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Gonna put all my points in Archery

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

disjoe posted:

Gonna put all my points in Archery

Gotta get better at sniping those deer, yo.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 26, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'm fine with that only if the port is top notch. I don't expect them to invest in making a good quality PC version if they don't have the numbers to match on PC compared to console, and would be happy to be charged just a little extra for the conveniences I expect on PC. However, since this is Tecmo Koei who are notorious for their poor PC porting, this is just salt being poured on the wound.

Koei has pretty terrible history when it comes to PC ports but the port of Nioh was not only good but was also the first Koei game to add mouse support.
Maybe they're actually learning something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why are the recommended levels for the random stages in Warriors All-Stars such complete and utter loving lies?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Koei has pretty terrible history when it comes to PC ports but the port of Nioh was not only good but was also the first Koei game to add mouse support.

Didn't it suffer greatly from file size bloat? 2 steps forward, one step back. Still glad to hear that though, perhaps they are on the mend!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

$70? For a base edition?

What in the ever living gently caress?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Deakul posted:

$70? For a base edition?
TBH, been waiting for this to happen for some time. Game prices have been static in relation to inflation for a long time, and likely also partially responsible for the DLC/lootbox trend. Didn't quite expect Koei though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Trailer explaining their new tri-state combat system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2SX7N1HasY

It's not in English but you can kinda guess what's going on there.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Jack Trades posted:

Wait how do you have any pc game without mouse support?

This isn’t exactly pinball :psyduck:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Billzasilver posted:

DW8XLCE doesn't have mouse-able menus.

I don't know if the mouse does anything in game since i never tried to use KB&M in it because :lol:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

I don't know if the mouse does anything in game since i never tried to use KB&M in it because :lol:

The mouse can't be used for anything at all in any Koei game that isn't Nioh and maybe RoTK13, afaik.
Not for menus, not for camera control, not for anything.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Could probably use it as a chain and ball.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Jack Trades posted:

The mouse can't be used for anything at all in any Koei game that isn't Nioh and maybe RoTK13, afaik.

Nobunaga's Ambition, also.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Billzasilver posted:

https://twitter.com/dominictarason/status/926489992800751617

This tweet didn't age well.

Cernunnos posted:

I vaguely remember being able to do something with the mouse, but I might be mis-remembering that. At the very least, I remember being able to use the keyboard in the menus when I started up the game real quick to check something.

The bigger issue I had with DW8XLCE on PC was that the buttons weren't labeled well (I think it listed the corresponding keys, but didn't offer symbols for the controller), and I had a weird thing where if I clicked both thumbsticks on the DS4 (while using DS4 Windows) during a mission, it would suddenly exit out to the main menu.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Max Wilco posted:

I vaguely remember being able to do something with the mouse, but I might be mis-remembering that. At the very least, I remember being able to use the keyboard in the menus when I started up the game real quick to check something.

The bigger issue I had with DW8XLCE on PC was that the buttons weren't labeled well (I think it listed the corresponding keys, but didn't offer symbols for the controller), and I had a weird thing where if I clicked both thumbsticks on the DS4 (while using DS4 Windows) during a mission, it would suddenly exit out to the main menu.

It had button symbols. Problem is they were unique to the game and thus not particularly useful for the casual player.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Gotta get better at sniping those deer, yo.

Can't wait to kill 40 Deer so I can craft a Medium Quiver.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Somehow I missed this, but the PC versions of Romance of the Three Kingdoms X and Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI were added to Steam within the last month or so, though without English translations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

drat it I'd love RotK10 with the PUK on Steam in English. Half the reason I even have PCSX2 is for the PS2 version of 10.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Max Wilco posted:

Somehow I missed this, but the PC versions of Romance of the Three Kingdoms X and Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI were added to Steam within the last month or so, though without English translations.

My hype levels have never shot up so high and then cratered while reading a post before.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Still waiting for Taikou Risshiden V on Steam. I know you can do it, Koei. I believe in you.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Policenaut posted:

drat it I'd love RotK10 with the PUK on Steam in English. Half the reason I even have PCSX2 is for the PS2 version of 10.

Isn't there a translation patch floating around somewhere? I recall someone saying it wasn't completely finished, but it might translate enough to make it playable.

I read there was also one for RotTK XI, but the reviews on Steam state that the patch doesn't work with the Steam version.

Randallteal posted:

My hype levels have never shot up so high and then cratered while reading a post before.

It is kind of disappointing how Koei has seemingly put a lot of their back catalog on Steam, but only a few games are in English.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
When's Liberty Or Death

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Bring PTO2.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The GIG posted:

When's Liberty Or Death

This would be the goat musou

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well, it finally happened. The Nintendo Warriors DLC system crossed over into Dynasty Warriors. I hold all of you who bought Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors season passes in contempt. :colbert:

quote:

Season Pass (3,000 yen)

Additional Scenario Pack (2,400 yen standalone)
NPCs Xiahouji, Dong Bai, Hua Xiong, and Yuan Shu made playable
Additional scenarios, events, and actions for each officer

Additional Weapons Pack (1,200 yen standalone)
Addition of three new weapon (action) systems
Addition of three high level weapon models for each weapon

Hideaway Customization Pack (800 yen standalone)
Addition of exclusive scenarios where you can obtain exteriors and furniture
Addition of 10 furniture models
Addition of five models that change exteriors and interiors

Season Pass Bonus
Four Jewels
12 materials that can be used for advanced weapon / cooking / item development

So from the sounds of things they're going to use DLC to re-introduce new weapon styles back into the game, that's pretty much what I expected. On the surface I actually don't mind that this happened, so long as an Xtreme Legends doesn't happen (or if it does it's a glorified GOTY Edition that includes the Season Pass). If they're asking $20-30 US on top of an XL expansion then that's kind of messed up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought Hyrule Warriors and the season pass twice and I'll probably buy the Switch version too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Finally, Yuan Shu's time has come.