Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

A shooting that occurs on school property is literally a school shooting.

If a police officer accidentally discharging his firearm on school property and hurting nobody is a school shooting and two gang members who don't even attend school exchanging gunfire on school property on a Saturday night when school isn't even in session is a school shooting and a kid bringing a bunch of guns to school and using them to murder 50 classmates is a school shooting than the claim that "There have been 11 school shootings so far this year and it's still only January" is way, way less informative than if "school shooting" had a well-defined meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

1) try to post funny pictures
2) ???
3) blah blah guns blah blah blah

https://twitter.com/AmznMovieRevws/status/956935244149592065

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

When you hear “school shooting”, I can sure as hell bet the image in your mind isn’t a cop and criminal justice student mixing up a simulator prop and his duty gun and accidentally putting a hole in the wall. “11 school shootings” implies that there’s been 11 times someone has gone and started murdering people at school.

You can talk about American school shootings without resorting to deception to dramatically inflate the count.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

When you hear “school shooting”, I can sure as hell bet the image in your mind isn’t a cop and criminal justice student mixing up a simulator prop and his duty gun and accidentally putting a hole in the wall. “11 school shootings” implies that there’s been 11 times someone has gone and started murdering people at school.

You can talk about American school shootings without resorting to deception to dramatically inflate the count.

Oh lordy, someone might think there were 11 school shootings instead of just 9. What a goddamn travesty that would be.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

That statistic isn't true and is really misleading. It includes every instance involving a firearm or something similar being discharged at or near a school, including two suicides and a dude shooting a BB gun at a school bus.

A lot of folks have already rightfully climbed up your rear end for this, but I also want to add

gently caress you

e:

chitoryu12 posted:

fuuuuuck yooouuuuu

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

are there school shooting derails in tow threads now?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edit: gently caress it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

every pyf thread is the same, friend

aren't you the guy who's been reading a lot about Columbine recently

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alaois posted:

every pyf thread is the same, friend

aren't you the guy who's been reading a lot about Columbine recently

I read the book that’s regarded as the best source on the shooting, including the psychology behind it, the effects it had in inspiring copycat crimes, and possible ways of preventing similar occurrences.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

We tried thoughts and prayers, now we're trying memes and shitposts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Caufman posted:

lol

chitoryu12 posted:

I read the book that’s regarded as the best source on the shooting, including the psychology behind it, the effects it had in inspiring copycat crimes, and possible ways of preventing similar occurrences.

That sounds neat! You do sound a little like mac from IASIP talking about karate though :shobon:

Anyways folks lets head back to funny pictures and drop this ty ty

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Caufman posted:

haa

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

just ban elizabethan error and who what now already

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

new Overwatch hero lookin good

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Uhm I don't understand why this is funny...?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

potentially unintentional honesty

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Please explain, in paragraph form.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Guy Goodbody posted:

Peter Thiel has regular infusions of child's blood because he believes it will prolong his lifespan

That's not a joke.

So does Keith Richards, which he credits as the phylactery to his eternal lichdom.

Just pops over to Sweden once a year, gets his blood done. Just swap that old, worn blood out with some fresh blood of the innocents. Keep rocking 20, 30 years past your peers.

edit: to the dude above, look at the two circles as a venn diagram.

Olaf The Stout has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Jan 27, 2018

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WITHOUT THE LENGTHY EXPLAINATION

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Venn Diagram.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

funmanguy posted:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WITHOUT THE LENGTHY EXPLAINATION

the hindmost mechadog arm will always be in silhouette. it's a weird property but so it goes.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

Venn Diagram.

He knows what he has to do.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'll give you this one but I'm disappointed by lack of explanation of why dogmech is funny, I have no sense of humor and you're my only hope

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I did not realize this was you because I laughed upon seeing the image. "Yeah, we're honest sometimes...well, very rarely. Now put that in diagram form with pretty colors, mister graphic designer."

Bored has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Jan 27, 2018

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Which one is Moon Moon?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Choco1980 posted:

Which one is Moon Moon?

The lower one. The other is jumping over the moon moon.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Considering my regular group just spent some time while our warlock was away for a few weeks by creating really dumb characters and then playing through a scenario called "A Sanctuary of Belches," I'd play this. It probably wouldn't be boring.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The lower one. The other is jumping over the moon moon.

:golfclap:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RoboRodent posted:

Considering my regular group just spent some time while our warlock was away for a few weeks by creating really dumb characters and then playing through a scenario called "A Sanctuary of Belches," I'd play this. It probably wouldn't be boring.

Read that as Belchers, pictured D&D Bob's Burgers.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This is from a ways back, but I feel like everyone was so distracted by Ronald McDonald watching the Hamburglar drown that they overlooked that this McDonalds serves a Spinach Pie. Wherever this is deserved to be destroyed.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RoboRodent posted:

I was just thinking that i would play that adventure

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I wanna work with this cat

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Chard posted:

A lot of folks have already rightfully climbed up your rear end for this, but I also want to add

gently caress you

e:

fuuuuuck yooouuuuu

good contribution my friend. it didn't make you look like a moron at all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Anyways folks lets head back to funny pictures and drop this ty ty

Alrighty, lemme just pull and old Guy Goodbody here...