Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

No Wave posted:

I'm not going to bother arguing that mobility is useful, but this has been an intriguing insight into the mind of life funnlers.

So...busted how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MMAgCh posted:

The way she's animated looks like she is constantly sighing in exasperation.

She stood watch over Illidan for ages, can you blame her?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

Her Q seems beyond busted, like maybe there's a typo. Valla's W does 165 damage on a 12 second cooldown, Maiev's Q does 180 damage on a 4 or .5 second cooldown. That can't be right.

Unlike Valla, Fan of Knives seems like Maiev's primary source of damage. Her other two abilities aren't really huge damage dealers and her autoattack is melee range unlike Valla who can shoot, use Hungering Arrow, and Multishot.

John Murdoch posted:

So...busted how?

Reduced CD on Poison Spear gives you a fairly hefty chunk of damage on an even shorter cooldown, and landing spears also provides you with big bursts of fury to keep the slam train rolling longer. Being able to use the spear as a straight up movement ability means that even if someone does juke you it still functions as a gap-closer to chase people down and yeah, being able to use it as a pseudo escape is pretty useful as well. It does a whole lot of things together in a single talent.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yeah exactly. And just having the escape lets you move around maps and merc more freely (you're not invincible but it makes a big difference).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh poo poo, the alt skin is a Diablo crossover. I knew it looked really similar to Vengeance Valla.

It looks almost identical to the warrior tier 5 set from WoW.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

bamhand posted:

It looks almost identical to the warrior tier 5 set from WoW.

It's not nearly orange enough to be that

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Maiev is going to supremely be my favorite

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kai Tave posted:

Unlike Valla, Fan of Knives seems like Maiev's primary source of damage. Her other two abilities aren't really huge damage dealers and her autoattack is melee range unlike Valla who can shoot, use Hungering Arrow, and Multishot.
I bet Maiev's auto attack DPS is going to be one of if not the worst of any assassin.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Maiev is going to destroy the level 1 all mid teamfights with Fan of Knives.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Elysium posted:

Maiev is going to destroy the level 1 all mid teamfights with Fan of Knives.

It's already the best part of the match as Chromie, so I'm ready for it as Maiev. :getin:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Well, her alt skin doesn't show much in the way of tits but it is pretty skimpy. Call it a draw? :v:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Maiev looks like a day one buy for me

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
So what are we thinking on talents? Probably a slow-on-pull for her bind? An increased movespeed on her blink? Probably some stupid quest for her Q to hit so many heroes for extra damage, or lower it's reset requirement to two heroes?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
A talent to give her shadow strike.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
She also gets 15 armor passively from Vault of the Wardens.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So what are we thinking on talents? Probably a slow-on-pull for her bind? An increased movespeed on her blink? Probably some stupid quest for her Q to hit so many heroes for extra damage, or lower it's reset requirement to two heroes?

The website is incorrect - Fan of Knives resets on 2+ hits, not 3+ hits.

E: https://twitter.com/azgaz/status/957028347971649536

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 27, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Two is a huge difference from three. It's exponentially harder nope target. FoK sounds really strong on paper.

Speaking of hitting multiple targets, how often is Johanna hitting 5 people with Punish? That talent is easily the hardest to complete in the game.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

bamhand posted:

Two is a huge difference from three. It's exponentially harder nope target. FoK sounds really strong on paper.

Speaking of hitting multiple targets, how often is Johanna hitting 5 people with Punish? That talent is easily the hardest to complete in the game.

Not often, but I like it for the slow it gives you even without the quest being done.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Absolutely day one buying Maiev.

Not sure how good she'll be, but the playstyle looks right up my alley.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

bamhand posted:

The reddit thread titled "Everyone: In one game I completed Bile Drop" had like 700 upvotes and 150+ comments where people wouldn't believe it.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

If you aren’t buying Maiev day one you are wrong
Literally best Warcraft character

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

but what if the closest thing ive ever played to a melee assassin is artanis

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Seebach posted:

If you aren’t buying Maiev day one you are wrong
Literally best Warcraft character

Mrrglrr!!!*

*gasp!

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

but what if the closest thing ive ever played to a melee assassin is artanis

It always takes getting used to melee assassins and Maiev is definitely looking a bit harder than some.

That said I have faith in you to learn.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
maiev sucks

I wish Garrosh had:

A) Damage
B) Wave clear
C) Initiation
D) Some kind of mobility

Instead of just being a throw bot.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 27, 2018

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Screaming Idiot is that you?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Olaf The Stout posted:

The reddit thread titled "Everyone: In one game I completed Bile Drop" had like 700 upvotes and 150+ comments where people wouldn't believe it.

You used to be able to complete it on Vs AI, but they're very good at juking out of targeting reticles now.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i feel like that baseline 15 armor is a bit absurd and likely not to last for long

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I hate that kind of poo poo. Just bump their health up

It’s like Phantom Assassin from DOTA having a small mana pool but all her spells are cheap as poo poo. What’s the point

Also Thrall is wicked i think as a melee assassin to learn. You figure out pretty quick when you can go in because it is like being killed instantly or killing three people on the enemy team and coming out of the fight at 75% life.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I hate that kind of poo poo. Just bump their health up

It’s like Phantom Assassin from DOTA having a small mana pool but all her spells are cheap as poo poo. What’s the point

Armor makes healing much stronger on her. And stacking armor buffs is also stronger on her.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Olaf The Stout posted:

Some french GM zagara main takes bile drop without intending to complete it. He takes it for the 50% damage which helps push harder than 2 extra banelings. He doesn't usually take banelings talent at lvl 1 and picks infest instead.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

That French dude got me to start taking drop at 7 except vs Nova, where I take slows after the lvl 1 range.

I like drop cdr at 1 if I'm going drop at 7. Infest can surprise solo laners who think they can fight inside your minions, but I find more often I'm trying to drop from range and never go toe to toe.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Being a fan of Garrosh (though not his HotS gameplay so much), I like how apparently everyone pisses him off except Hanzo and Alarak. :allears:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

bamhand posted:

Armor makes healing much stronger on her. And stacking armor buffs is also stronger on her.
It also changes the value of armor shredding, as well as percentage-based attacks.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kurieg posted:

You used to be able to complete it on Vs AI, but they're very good at juking out of targeting reticles now.

AI is hilarious. I've been on a quest to GIT GUD at genji, and at this point I finally feel useful in qm, like I've done that chase-down-dudes-with-D-blade thing that looks real dope. But the AI against genji? Holy moly. If you E at ETC, he'll do his powerslide the literal microsecond after you hit E so that he stuns you mid dash. Same with Kaelthelas, he'll instant whirlwind stun you mid-dash. It's crazy.

Speaking of ganji, what build do you guys like? I see a lot of good players recommending the E build, and maybe that is better in more organized play, but I found just going shurikan to get more consistent damage. Also lets you E in, and do enough Q damage to chunk people down in situations where no one is softening up enemies for you (which is almost always).

tcjimbo posted:

Some french GM zagara main takes bile drop without intending to complete it. He takes it for the 50% damage which helps push harder than 2 extra banelings. He doesn't usually take banelings talent at lvl 1 and picks infest instead.

Yeah it's another quest like Jo's punishment or whatever, it gives a decent enough bonus without actually finishing it.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I just played with the most annoying Zera ever. He would go stand near where he thought some enemies were, wait to go full stealth, and then blink closer. And then wait for blink to come off cooldown, and then blink closer. And then wait for blink to come off cooldown and blink closer.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Elysium posted:

I just played with the most annoying Zera ever. He would go stand near where he thought some enemies were, wait to go full stealth, and then blink closer. And then wait for blink to come off cooldown, and then blink closer. And then wait for blink to come off cooldown and blink closer.

I played with a Malthiel a couple days ago who ignored the enemy team's Muradin the entire game in order to 1v1, and repeatedly lose to, the enemy Valeera.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Elysium posted:

This is wonderful.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I played with a Malthiel a couple days ago who ignored the enemy team's Muradin the entire game in order to 1v1, and repeatedly lose to, the enemy Valeera.

Don't focus the tank, idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I had someone yell at me for focusing the dps, which was a welcome change. Also had an Artanis rage out because I was nanna-boosting him.