Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

s.i.r.e. posted:

I think it's a collection of generic djenty trash without a good riff or melody line. Remove the guitar parts and there's something of interest but once those pieces of poo poo come on, faaaaaaart. I love the game to death and I remember all of it, from the kills, weapons and levels almost by heart but I can't hum a single riff from the soundtrack. BFG Division is the same riff for 9 minutes; it's an absolute chore. I've tried listening to the soundtrack on it's own several times and I've never made it through. Then again, I wouldn't consider myself a big metalhead so it probably just isn't for me.
I don't think I'd consider myself a big metalhead either, but how can you not get down with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqMQsxbpS4U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://pitchfork.com/news/cardi-b-defends-migos-offset-over-homophobic-lyric/

are you loving kidding me

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i thought it was pretty cool they got fear factory to do the doom soundtrack then turns out it's some english dude

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yeah, the DOOM 2016 soundtrack is really awesome and gets you pumped to kill some space demons. Thanks for the link to the shop talk by the composer. I think his approach is kinda like what Trent Reznor when he brings his A game, playing around with textures and shapes and combining instruments with samples in a playful way. BFG Division is almost entirely just one note, but has incredible impact from the build up and dynamics.

Recording a riff at double speed on analogue tape, slowing the tape down to half speed and then morphing the guitar chords together with a classic doom chainsaw sample is not something you could do live in a band, but it really fits the video game soundtrack and sounds incredible.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol: god drat that’s the laziest dumbest excuse I’ve ever heard. Just own your dumb poo poo and move on people, come on

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I love the Doom 2016 soundtrack. I do miss that there's not a true 1:1 cover of the original theme but for what it is, it's great.

I'll put it this way I think this and the original Deus Ex soundtrack are the only video game soundtracks I've ever gone out of my way to listen to outside of playing the games.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the manhunt remix album rephlex put out was pretty good

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't think I'd consider myself a big metalhead either, but how can you not get down with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqMQsxbpS4U

Because it's like the laziest metal coupled with the laziest dubstep. It's just noise that doesn't go anywhere, instead rolling around in a pile of poo poo composed of power chords and rhythmic chugs on the open E string (or whatever the lowest string was tuned to). The guitar and drum parts are a djent cliché and I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that they used that program that automates Djent breakdowns.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0SnRlUByQ

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

NAMM is always great for stupid poo poo. This was my favourite one this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNQ9oQOSz4s

DISTORTION IN A CABLE! gently caress YEAH RAT IN A CABLE! IT'S DISTORTION, BUT IT'S IN YOUR CABLE!

Glad to see Proco have finally jumped into the 'directional cable' goldmine, but this almost seems useful so they might have to try a little harder to reaallly get that crazy audiophile money.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I have a small update that nobody cares about : I've had my Yamaha THR for a bit now now. It is seriously amazing.

Thanks for the recommendation, thread. I will miss my lovely Fender amp, but this thing is totally fine for what I do(bedroom noodling mostly).

Have some stupid poo poo;

This is apparently a Leslie West signature guitar. Leslie West is pretty cool, but what the gently caress

Some other random poo poo I found on Reverb, a site I just click around on for hours at a time:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would play the hellllll out of the Pokémon guitar

Glad you like your THR. They’re the best little amps :3:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

darkwasthenight posted:

NAMM is always great for stupid poo poo. This was my favourite one this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNQ9oQOSz4s

DISTORTION IN A CABLE! gently caress YEAH RAT IN A CABLE! IT'S DISTORTION, BUT IT'S IN YOUR CABLE!

Glad to see Proco have finally jumped into the 'directional cable' goldmine, but this almost seems useful so they might have to try a little harder to reaallly get that crazy audiophile money.

Im surprised its not just diode clippers shoved in a cable, but even as a massive rat fan this seems worthless.

Im pretty sure they just did this because they went after fuzzrocious for their rat clone named the "rat tail".

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You can make a rat circuit with smd components and it would be that miniscule.

Also that Doom soundtrack isn't generally my poo poo anyways but the thing that I really don't like about it is the clicky drums.

edit: haha wait nevermind, listening to it and that ain't a Rat lol.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Fender is drunk in the best possible way

https://reverb.com/news/remainder-of-fenders-new-parallel-universe-series-revealed

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

If that Jaguar/Strat is 24" scale I'm buying one.

Those are pretty cool.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Malaria posted:

If that Jaguar/Strat is 24" scale I'm buying one.

Those are pretty cool.

I've never been a Jag guy, like ever, but I'm with you there. That guitar looks great.

edit: also if the telecaster with the strat body had a black pickguard I'd probably be a lot more into that one also, even though it's weirder.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 25, 2018

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
this is something i would've made in photoshop ten years ago to troll tdpri or the gear page

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

jag-strat and tele-strat are both real good. double cutaway is the One True Bodyshape.

the tele pickguard looks kinda doofy on a strat though

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
This is the kind of thing we used to make on Kisakae Guitar when I was a teenager. Some cool concepts in there but I wish they did more Meteora options that were a blackguard tele.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Because it's like the laziest metal coupled with the laziest dubstep. It's just noise that doesn't go anywhere, instead rolling around in a pile of poo poo composed of power chords and rhythmic chugs on the open E string (or whatever the lowest string was tuned to). The guitar and drum parts are a djent cliché and I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that they used that program that automates Djent breakdowns.

its not the right tempo for dubstep and it doesent use the right textures, structure or instrumentation either. neither with djent. I'd say its closer to industrial metal on 8 string guitars.

its super corny and it only has one gear but it works for punching demons and I couldnt say its lazy

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
This pedal is a turd.
https://reverb.com/p/dr-no-effects-turd-fuzz?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_--h_abz2AIVjIxpCh15Dw-aEAQYASABEgKWVvD_BwE&hfid=6314636

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
re: mick gordon seriously do check out the GDC video for the frankenstein signal chain he put together for the synth, it's fuckin rad

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Jared Dines got his 18 stringer finally.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

NonzeroCircle posted:

I would love to walk into a bar and see someone unpacking an instrument like that because I would immediately know I wanted to go to a different bar.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NonzeroCircle posted:

Isn't this the guy butt-hurt that a weird one-off guitar he commissioned got actually built by a chinese company?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I think it takes at least 3 people to unpack and a reinforced spine to play, i dread to think what that weighs

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Heck, I’d give it a go. Wonder what it’s tuned to and what the scale lengths are.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Is that his face inlaid in the fretboard?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Dines is about as much djent as i can take, at least he doesnt take it seriously.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

NonzeroCircle posted:

Just gently caress right off.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

NonzeroCircle posted:

lol

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Wark Say posted:

Isn't this the guy butt-hurt that a weird one-off guitar he commissioned got actually built by a chinese company?
The guy who was claiming to be building his guitar was farming out previous orders to China but decided to just keep his money and not give him anything because ripping off someone with a huge social media presence couldn't possibly backfire.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Honestly one of the most tasteless instruments possible though. Which i guess is fitting, given the music that will be played on it lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t watch Dines or particularly like him but I don’t get why everyone is so butthurt about his goofy dumb guitar. It’s a joke!

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I also am upset that the guy whose videos feature him playing silly instruments has a silly instrument.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t watch Dines or particularly like him but I don’t get why everyone is so butthurt about his goofy dumb guitar. It’s a joke!

I have no idea who he is and didn't realize that the guitar was supposed to be a joke.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Trig Discipline posted:

I have no idea who he is and didn't realize that the guitar was supposed to be a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

That's hilarious!

I love multi-thousand-dollar "jokes" or however much that useless retarded idiot thing costs.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 28, 2018